Legal Specialist(1591 Views)
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
The Legal Specialist will provide advisory support and oversee the coaching of personnel of in-service training departments and directorates at partner justice institutions with the aim to improve their capacity to plan and implement legal training for justice professionals, with a specific focus on the revised Penal Code.
|Date Posted:||07 Feb 2018||Reference:||IDLO/CPDS/04/2018|
|Closing Date:||21 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||2800 to 3600 USD|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||8 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Advice partner justice institutions on development and execution of legal training plans on subjects related to the revised Penal Code in line with their vision, training goals, agreed targets and IDLO program’s work plan and strategy;
• Coordinate and participate in consultations, meetings, working groups and committees on legal capacity development and Penal Code related issues with partner justice institutions;
• Oversee coaching and skills training on assessed needs at partner institutions;
• In close cooperation with the Institutional Development team, foster partner justice institutions’ inter-departmental cooperation and communication on capacity development related issues to support effective resourcing of legal training programs, and to demonstrate the value of a well-functioning training structure;
• Provide timely high-quality inputs to internal and external reports on activities and progress against deliverables and schedules, as well as thematic reports and work plans;
• Liaise with other program teams (M&E, Institutional Development) to ensure proper implementation, coordination, monitoring and reporting of relevant program activities;
• Perform any other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Excellent project management and interpersonal skills;
• Experience in capacity building and application of adult learning principles in a training/capacity development environment;
• Good analytical skills & basic knowledge in entering data on online databases.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software.
• Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit;
• Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan;
• Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
• Professional experience as a legal practitioner in criminal law as either a judge, prosecutor or lawyer, or a similar position within an Afghan justice system agency, NGO, or international organization;
• Advanced university degree in Shari’a Law or LLB degree, LLM would be an asset;
• Knowledge of Pashto and Arabic would be an advantage;
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Law
Please email your cover letter and CV in one file (PDF of Word Document) to the email provided, and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the position and vacancy number e.g. “Legal Specialist IDLO/CPDS/03/2018”
Review the vacancy to ensure your experience and qualification meet the criteria. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews & written test.
Women are encouraged to apply!
|More jobs in this category|
|Staff Attorney at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|