Site Engineer for Highway(1904 Views)
About Aziz Group
The proposed Road is located in the South East side of Badakhshan Province with almost 108km. The alignment of the access road passes through Baharak, Wardooj, Zebaak and Conecct to Eshakashem district. The area is hilly, not flat or level. There is need for more cases of land donation in this project because it has surrounded by river mountainous terrain and green land. The road width is about 11m. The road needs cutting, filling, Sub- base course, base course, Asphalt carriageway and Double Bituminous Surface Treatment (DBST) with side drain and construction of structures (Culverts, Retaining and breast walls (Stone masonry and RCC), Washes, Bridges (RCC, PC) along the road. Along the road there are 5 RCC dick girder bridges proposed in feasibility studies (design).
2. Purpose and Scope of Assignment
(Concise and detailed description of activities, tasks and responsibilities to be undertaken, including expected travel.)
The Site Engineer for Highway works is responsible for the overall monitoring and checking of road and structures, other hand is the one who is following the bridge construction activities on the site. The Site Engineer will manage all drawings and technical documentation produced by the Bridge Design Unit and Road Design Unite, and specifically reviews drawings, specifications and work methodologies according to AASHTO and MPW Design standards.
|Date Posted:||07 Feb 2018||Reference:||RACC/01/05|
|Closing Date:||26 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the technical documentation to ADB and consultation.
• Support to have a new construction methodology for time and cost saving.
• Need to prevent safety during the construction works.
• Preparing of weekly reports for construction manager and project manager.
• Support the monitoring and evaluation of the project.
• Preparing and estimation of the road structures BoQ.
• Conducting preliminary survey for selected roads or bridge sites as per program plan, this includes visual survey, photos, map checking and site visits.
• Planning and conducting an engineering survey for the selected roads, structures and civil works, including a Topographic survey and recording all site related details.
• Perform setting out works or check the setting out works, at the request of Project manager or as directed.
• Record the results of survey, including the shape, contour, location, elevation and dimension of land or land features.
• Timely replying of the technical comments of the consultant and PMO sections.
• Provide overall leadership, management, and technical guidance to ensure the achievement of project objectives and performance indicators; the quality and timeliness of the project work; effective management, effective human resources allocation; and accurate project reporting;
• Basic knowledge of RCC Dick Girder, Pre stressed Bridges and road implementation.
• Must able to make site visits of all the road and bridge projects faced problems in the construction stage and solve technical problems on the site for short time.
• Make sure the quality construction work is as per specification of ADB and contracted documents.
• Continuously follow up the on-going projects and coordinate with the construction management unit of the RACC.
• Monitor the implementation of the works by conducting site visits and providing guidance for improvement and good results.
• Review QA/QC site visit and materials testing reports to ensure sampling, testing and inspection of materials are carried out regularly and works are implemented in compliance with design specifications.
• Provide technical backstopping and training to project’s engineers and local contractors in bridge design and construction techniques including good practices and troubleshooting methods.
- Must be familiar with implementation methods of Bridges, R. Walls and Road.
- Must able to prepare the bill of quantities of road and bridge projects.
- Must able to use Auto CAD 2D and 3D.
- Must be able to use AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Strong MS Excel knowledge is compulsory.
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal. Fluent in Dari and Pashto, both written and verbal.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Highway Engineering or Civil Engineering with specialization in Site Engineering (Master degree is preferred) plus an additional 5 years of relevant work experience may be considered.
b. Work Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience as a site engineer for Highways and have implemented more than 300 km Road in Afghanistan.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a large scale road/bridges construction project(s).
- Previous experience working with ADB and international organizations and projects will be an advantage
- Previous experience in monitoring and training counterparts is considered an asset.
Afghanistan - Kabul
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a CV to the HR Department RACC main office through email address The relevant candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only those candidates who meet the qualification and requirements for the mentioned posts will be called for interview.
Address: House Number 193, 3rd sub- street on left side, 13th street Wazir Akbar Khan Kabul Afghanistan
|More jobs in this category|
|Survey Engineer at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Reform and Capacity Bu..||Kabul||07 May 2018|
|Intern – Power Engineer at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||03 May 2018|
|Site Inspector (Consultant) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Multi Cities||03 May 2018|
|Bridge Design Engineer at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Reform and Capa..||Kabul||07 May 2018|
|Site Engineer at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL)||Kabul||05 May 2018|
|Survey Engineer at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL..||Kabul||05 May 2018|
|PIO Manager at MAIL/CPMO||Multi Cities||04 May 2018|
|Solar System Engineer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||11 May 2018|
|Substation and Distribution Engineers at CEES||Bamian||30 Apr 2018|
|انجنیر هایدرولیک at DABS||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Construction Supervisor Vacancy No: C-643 at Ministery of Energy and Wate..||Farah||24 Apr 2018|
|Design Engineer- Autocad Drafter at Balwan||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|