Administration Officer(1052 Views)
NVDA (Nangarhar Valley Development Authority) is an irrigation project which is one component of the water Resources Development Investment program (WRDIP) Funded by Asian Development Bank, Which will be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock(MAIL). The project is designed to finance rehabilitation and upgrading (R&U) of existing and development of new irrigation and water resource infrastructure.
The NVDA is an irrigation system that was built with assistance of the former Soviet Union. It has mix of about 22,000 hectares of private and publicly managed irrigation land plus a range of agriculture related facilities based on the former Soviet collection farm model. To implement this component, MAIL will establish a dedicated project management office (PMO) in Kabul and project implementation office (PIO) in Jalalabad to prepare tender and supervise civil works; strengthen and reform management of the NVDA and oversee capacity development
The incumbent will be based within Project Implementation Office (PIO) in Nangarhar Province. He / She will supervise the Administrative and support staff working in PIO Jalalabad. The Administration Officer will work closely with NVDA PMO Director, CPMO and DNVDA and other stakeholder.
|Date Posted:||07 Feb 2018||Reference:||MAIL/NVDA/42|
|Closing Date:||17 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Follow up on internal correspondence with the line departments, DNVDA and local authorities.
2. Provide administrative support, including scheduling and preparing meetings, placing and responding to phone calls, copying, distributing and documenting correspondence;
3. Assist in preparation of presentations and other documents as requested;
4. Take meeting minutes, organize and distribute minutes as required;
5. Assist staff in the arrangement of official travels and missions;
6. Maintain staff attendance sheet and prepare leave record;
7. Keeping track of the transport log-book for the office vehicles;
8. Check vehicle log books, prepare fuel consumption report and oversee maintenance of vehicle;
9. Ensure an orderly transport system and schedule for the office;
10. Inform senior staff members of any major problems with the vehicle in order to ensure a speedy remedy;
11. Ensuring proper maintenance of filing system;
12. Ensure materials are handled in a business sensitive and confidential manner;
13. Preparing inventory lists and update it on timely manner;
14. Maintain staff contract, extensions, vehicle registration, staff ID cards and other documents.
15. Preparation of Payroll, staff overtime and purchasing of minor items such as office supply, etc.
16. Maintain meeting and project activity calendar;
17. Assist PMO Director in recruitment and HR process of new staff
18. Manage petty cash and proper clearance with CPMO Finance as per finance regulations;
19. Take care of office renovation, equipment, furniture and PIO premises; and
20. Perform any other official duties as required.
1. University degree preferably in Finance/Economics/Business Administration or Accounting.
2. 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position with national and/or international organizations, preferably in ADB funded project.
3. Document management skills.
4. Good oral and written communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari.
5. Good computer skills, including competence in word processing, excel, and internet/e-mail.
6. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a complex and rapidly changing environment, excellent interpersonal skills.
Afghanistan - Nangarhar
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Send your CV along with cover letter clearly mentioning the job title of the post and vacancy number to below email address.
HR Department, NVDA Project
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock,
Address: Kabul University Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Contracts Management Head at State Corps||Kabul||06 Mar 2018|
|Senior Revenue Management Advisor to MoMP at Ministry of Mines and Petrol..||Kabul||04 Mar 2018|
|Re-advertised (Head of Software Engineering U.. at Ministry of communicat..||Kabul||25 Feb 2018|
|Database Developer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|International Relation Director at Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and ..||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Quality Internal Auditor at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||24 Feb 2018|
|کارمند جمع آوری at DABS||Kabul||22 Feb 2018|
|Admin, HR & Logistics Officer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||20 Feb 2018|
|Sels/Marketing Assistant at Insta Telecom||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Sales & Business Development Manage at Mido Dairy Production Co.Ltd||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|