Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
In April 2017, Afghanaid has started the Mine Action and Livelihood Improvements for vulnerable communities in Afghanistan project (MALI-I) in Samangan and Logar provinces funded through the Conflict Stability and Security Fund (CSSF). The project goal is to deliver increased economic growth and reduce poverty in Afghanistan, through improved security and legal livelihoods opportunities for vulnerable communities in Samangan and Logar provinces over a two year period from April 2017 to March 2019. The HALO Trust Afghanistan conducts mine clearance, deliver mine risk education, improve the integration of mine action and development, and build the capacity of the national mine authorities to achieve the overall project goal in the targeted locations. To foster greater integration between mine clearance and local development projects, the HALO Trust sub-contracted Afghanaid to deliver agricultural livelihoods support to beneficiaries of the CSSF-funded project.
The overall objective of the consultancy
Afghanaid believes that building capacity of the staff especially in delivering technical trainings and community capacity building can contribute to the success of its programme. The purpose of this Consultancy is to conduct 5 full day training on poultry management to around 15 Afghanaid staff members by a poultry specialist.
Afghanaid is interested to identify an experienced trainer to conduct 5 day basic poultry management training covering the topics of housing,hygein ,feeding, disease and vaccination. The focus of the training should be on commercial and community level poultry management, housing, feeding, hygiene, pest, and diseases, treatment, procurement management, poultry planning, design of coop and vaccination. he consultant shall use interactive, participatory and collaborative approaches during the training delivery.
|Date Posted:||08 Feb 2018||Reference:||VA-2018-3|
|Closing Date:||15 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Consulting||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
Service Provider’s Deliverables:
1. Prepare teaching materials in Dari language.
2. Deliver a minimum 5 full day training in Pashto and/or Dari to Afghanaid staff covering the following topics with a specific focus on work with rural communities:
• Commercial and community level poultry management.
• Housing, feeding and hygiene of poultry.
• Pest, diseases, treatment and vaccination of poultry.
• Poultry procurement management and its steps.
• Poultry rearing planning, design of coop
• Types of teaching methodologies to the communities.
• Techniques / effective ways of conducting trainings to illiterate people in the communities.
3. Prepare a complete report on the assignments in English
The training will be conducted in Samangan provincial office.
Expected training dates:
The trainer will be conducted training on 22 of February in Samagaan province.
• Proven extensive technical knowledge and practical experience with poultry management
• Previous training facilitation experience for an international NGO, especially with training of trainers
• Good knowledge and experience with preparing training materials and reports.
• Familiarity with the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock regulations related to poultry that need to be considered in training designing
• Post-graduate degree in veterinary medicines or in livestock or related field.
Afghanistan - Samangan
AF AF 12
Consultants who meet the above requirements should submit their expression of interest, including a cover letter and CV, no later than Thursday 15th February 2018 including the following text in the title of the email: ‘MALI Poultry consultancy’. The cover letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and should explain how the candidate meet the essential requirements.
|More jobs in this category|
|Enterprise and Marketing at Afghanaid||Ghowr||13 Dec 2018|
|Developing Mobile Data collection and Analysi.. at Afghanaid||Kabul||10 Dec 2018|