Associate Attorney(1685 Views)
About Kakar Advocates LLC
Kakar Advocates, LLC is a full-service law firm based in Kabul, Afghanistan, with internationally and nationally qualified attorneys. Our practice areas are: corporate, employment and labor, mining, public procurement, merger and acquisition, taxation, banking, telecommunication, aviation, and commercial law. Kakar Advocates has worked extensively on legislative reforms in Afghanistan as well as with high-profile entities in the private sector. Our firm works regularly with reputable international law firms to provide international-level services to private and public sector clients. We also provide consultancy services for capacity building, advocacy, and legislative monitoring, which includes co-implementation of a legislative monitoring project for Afghan civil society.
Kakar Advocates has been ranked as a Band I law firm in the 2017 and 2018 Chambers & Partners’ Asia-Pacific Guide. More information about the firm is available at www.KakarAdvocates.com.
Work at Kakar Advocates:
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people at our firm. Our success relies on our ability to enable our team members to work to the best of their abilities to grow professionally and personally. We aim to provide a supportive, inclusive and encouraging environment where everyone can support the delivery of exceptional service to our clients.
Kakar Advocates seeks to hire multiple full-time Associate Attorneys who will be working at our firm in Kabul, Afghanistan. The Associate Attorney can be a new graduate or have experience as an Attorney. They should also be licensed or in the process of being licensed in at least one jurisdiction. Based on qualifications and interests, the Associate Attorney will have the opportunity to work on cases in the firm’s various practice areas as well as on ongoing legal reform consultancy projects.
|Date Posted:||10 Feb 2018||Reference:||AFG/102-18|
|Closing Date:||10 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate Attorney will be performing the following tasks under the supervision of the Senior Counsel:
• Conducting extensive case-related research into relevant laws and regulations
• Drafting and interpreting contracts and other legal documents
• Preparing case theories and memorandums
• Creating and maintain good rapport with the firm’s clients through effective and consistent communication and proper explanation of legal proceedings to clients
• Representing clients independently or alongside other attorneys in all meetings, proceedings, and negotiations
• Preparing reports that keep all stakeholders up-to-date of the progress of a case
• Performing due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts and agreements
• Prospecting for new clients through marketing, networking, writing articles and speaking engagements.
• Participate in business development and marketing related initiatives with a view to building the practice
• Contribute to the firm values and culture through participation in CSR, pro-bono and social activities
• Must have a Juris Doctorate (JD), LLM Degree, or equivalent
• Can be a new graduate but preference will be given to those with experience as an attorney
• Excellent command of spoken and written English
• Ability to produce well-written legal documents and reports in English
• Detail oriented with strong communication, research, analytical and writing skills
• Should be licensed or in the process of being licensed in at least one jurisdiction
• Salary will be commensurate with academic background and legal experience
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Masters Degree, Law
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please note the following when applying:
• Mention position title on the subject of email;
• only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Legal Specialist (National) for MoMP/TAPI at Ministry of Mines and Petrol..||Kabul||06 May 2018|
|Legal Analyst at IDLO||Kabul||06 May 2018|
|Legal Specialist at IDLO||Kabul||06 May 2018|
|Legal Specialist at IDLO||Kabul||03 May 2018|
|Staff Attorney at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|