Outeach Vacancy Officer-Bamyan(368 Views)
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) is a National Priority Program (NPP) established after the April 2004 Berlin announcement made by former President H.E. Karzai. The overall goal of the NSDP is to contribute to the socio-economic recovery of Afghanistan through building a national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system which is responsive to labor market needs and which provides Afghans with the knowledge and skills for decent work.
The NSDP has a Steering Committee which consists of 9 relevant Ministries with the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MOLSAMD) designated as a lead Ministry. The NSDP operates as a self-contained entity as a National Priority Program of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; mainly financed from the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the Ministry of Finance, the World Bank and other funding agencies.
After the recent and successful implementation of the World Bank-funded Afghanistan Skills Development Project (ASDP), the Bank has decided to support NSDP/MOLSAMD through a new project called the Non-formal Approach to Training, Education and Jobs in Afghanistan (NATEJA).
The Italian Development Cooperation Office (IDCO) in Kabul has also decided to provide funding for the expansion of NATEJA project activities with focus on the western provinces. The IDCO support will last for one year for NATEJA project.
The NATEJA project will focus on increasing access to non-formal technical and vocational training for the unskilled and semi-skilled, young, illiterate, Afghan women and men. This will be achieved by providing them with market relevant practical skills to improve their potential for wage employment and/or new business development and higher earnings, as well as building other livelihood skills. The project will also improve labor market outcomes by enhancing the quality of training delivery through performance-linked financial incentives, and will use non-formal training providers and employers to train the unskilled and illiterate individuals.
The Project Development Objective is “to increase the potential for employment and higher earnings of targeted young Afghan women and men in rural and semi-urban areas through non-formal skills training”.
The specific objective of the Italian fund for NATEJA Project is to enhance and strengthen the program, and increase the number of beneficiaries with a special focus on Western provinces, as well as Bamyan. Activities carried out under the Italian Government bilateral grant will share the same objectives and use all the existing documents and procedures developed for NATEJA project for its implementation.
Project objectives and expected results will remain the same as the project overall goal will be to increase the potential for employment, and higher earnings of targeted young Afghan women and men in rural and semi-urban areas through non-formal skills training.
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) within the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MOLSAMD), will implement the project.
Outreach & Vacancy Officer will be working under the days to day supervision of ESC Manager.
The assignment will involve the following activities:
|Date Posted:||11 Feb 2018||Reference:||NSDP-N/C2-26b|
|Closing Date:||18 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Human Resource||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Keeping close contact with employers about the vacancies
• Scheduling visit with employers.
• Explaining the assignments and services assigned by Employment Services Center to the job seekers and employers.
• Collection of information from employer on his/her activities and works using previously prepared form.
• Collection of information from training providers about technical and professional trainings using prepared forms
• Being in contact with technical and vocational training providers
• Collections of vacant posts and insist on keeping contact with Employment Services Centers in future.
• inter collected information from employers and job seekers in related data base.
• Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the higher authorities
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Bachelor’s degree with 4 years’ experience in the related field with a private sector, government agency or any national or international NGO in human resource development and employment services;
• Ideally, experience working within the labor and employment services sector of the Government of Afghanistan;
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills including (i) a full working knowledge of English (ii) fluency in one national language and good reading, writing, listening and speaking skill in the other and (iii), the ability to interact and coordinate with NSDP staff, contractors, Government officials, consultants and the World Bank staff
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Interest candidates should submit their applications, in writing, to the National Skills Development Program (NSDP), Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled located in first Macroryan, Kabul, or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the VA number and the title of the post applied for) to: jobs
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|HR Officer at Aziz Group||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|Human Resources / Administration Officer at Médecins Sans Frontières (..||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|HR/Capacity Development Specialis at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Human Resources Assistant at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Senior Human Resources Specialist at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Human Resources Officer at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Human Resources SME at MOIA||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|Interview and Counseling Officer (Male) at NSDP/NATEJA||Bamian||26 Feb 2018|
|Human Resources Assistant (Multiple Vacancie.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||01 Mar 2018|
|Director of Human Resources at DABS||Kabul||23 Feb 2018|
|Human Resources Manager at Boustan-e-Sabz Agricultural Services Company||Kabul||23 Feb 2018|
|Senior Technical Capacity building Advisor to.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|HR Clerk at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||27 Feb 2018|
|HR Officer at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||27 Feb 2018|
|Senior HR Advisor at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Human Resource Specialist at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|HR Analyst - Females only at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|