Senior NOSS & Curriculum Development Expert (Industry Sector)(546 Views)
Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MOLSAMD) is a policy maker ministry in the field of social security and labor in the government of Afghanistan. Besides its policy making function, the Ministry provide market driven vocational training for unemployed Afghans (women and men) for engaging them in decent work.
The MOLSAMD has a General Directorate for Skills Development which oversees more than 40 vocational training centers across the country. In these centers, around 6000 trainees are trained annually. The DG Skill Development also leads the system building activities for vocational training and non- formal Technical and Vocational Education and training (TVET).
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP), one of previous NPPs, is active in MOLSAMD and funds vocational training for un-employed and under-employed Afghans. NSDP also implements the Non-formal Approach to Training, Education and jobs in Afghanistan (NATEJA) project funded by the World Bank and MOF with the overall objective “to increase the potential for employment and higher earnings of targeted young Afghan women and men in rural and semi-urban areas through non-formal skills training.
The Senior NOSS and Curriculum Development Experts provide the overall technical oversight and guidance in order to develop and implement Learning and Instructional Materials, TVET trainings and ensure effective and efficient training delivery. Part of his/her responsibility will be to ensure that trainings are based on labor market demand.
Initial duration of the assignment will be for 12 months with 3 months probationary period and possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance and availability of budget. This will involve the following activities:
|Date Posted:||11 Feb 2018||Reference:||IS/NOSS/NATEJA/MoF|
|Closing Date:||18 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Industrial||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan for the development of National Occupational Skills Standard (NOSS) and curriculum in the sector assigned;
• Organize DACUM sessions of panel of expert workers with appropriate representation;
• Develop NOSS and training materials in standardized formats in line with the Afghanistan National Qualification Framework in collaboration and coordination with NOSS and curriculum development manager.
• Engage in effective coordination with all key stakeholders, counterparts and direct beneficiaries, including the private sector, and local communities;
• Ensures that TVET delivery is based on labor market demand and is fully linked to productive activities;
• Provide technical support to DG-Skills in order to increase capacity to provide demand driven TVET;
• Schedule and lead regular meetings with Stakeholders and local and international partners regarding training design, development, and implementation;
• Manage and facilitate training of vocational trainers on CBT approach and methodology and provide ongoing support to trainers for improved training facilitation.
• Contribute to monitoring and evaluation of training activities as required;
• Develop indicators to measure training progress and effectiveness for target groups in different training sites;
• Coordinate with VTCs leadership to adapt training materials based on feedback from trainers, participants;
• Travel to vocational training centers to provinces to support training activities in all stages;
• Contribute to team efforts by undertaking additional tasks and responsibilities as requested;
• Encourage local enterprises to engage with the training centers; promote dialogue between the local industry and training providers to develop partnerships in skill development according to the local needs of the industry;
• Provide technical support and quality assurance of a range of competency-based vocational training curricula and training methodologies aligned to existing framework and systems, and to current labor market conditions;
• Develop and update course content and coordinates learning curriculum to reflect learning needs. Conducts assessment and analysis to identify new development needs and recommends training methods accordingly;
• He/she will ensure the quality and timely delivery of all output
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
a. Bachelor degree with 7 years relevant experience and Master degree with 5 years relevant experience.
b. Extensive experience in conducting research and analysis on current Competency Based Curriculum and standards development,
c. Experience in working to implement and operationalize TVET programs, including experience with employers that provide employment to TVET graduates.
d. The ability to live and travel, and work closely with counterpart staff and related agency staff;
e. The ability to work effectively in a challenging, developing-country environment, and to be self-motivated;
a. Effective communication, IT and interpersonal skills including (i) a full working knowledge of English (ii) fluency in one national language and good reading, writing, listening and speaking skill in the other.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Interested candidates should submit their applications, in writing, to the National Skills Development Program (NSDP), Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled located in first Macroryan, Kabul, or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the VA number and the title of the post applied for) to:
Please note that applications received after the closing date and without mentioning title of the post applied for in subject line of the Email will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted.
email@example.com /firstname.lastname@example.org and must have in CC: email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!