Chief Risk Officer(739 Views)
About Habib Bank Ltd
Habib Bank is the largest Bank of Pakistan with more than 15oo domestic Branches and 40 Branches in other countries. In Kabul Afghanistan the Bank has two Branches one at Share Nau and the other at Kabul Hotel Serena Kabul. The Bank offers under one roof all type of Banking Products with excellent and personalized services.
The chief risk officer of the bank will be acting as focal point in establishing a central risk management system throughout the bank in order to define, detect and increase the operational deterrence in acceptance and management of recurring risks facing the bank. The chief risk officer shall be responsible for developing and designing models for risk identification. Risk measurement and risk mitigations to be used in the bank.
The department shall have four sections namely credit, market, operational and corporate governance risk. Being the head of the department the chief risk officer is responsible for setting up the direction and action plan based on which the section managers would function and discharge their fundamental duties. Managing the departments daily activities, executing its strategic objectives and monitoring the performance of the subordinating sections are key tasks to be achieved by the chief risk officer.
|Date Posted:||11 Feb 2018||Reference:||HBL/2091/HR-4|
|Closing Date:||11 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The chief risk officer shall be performing below mentioned activities in the capacity of the head of the department that are as follow:
1. To draft the risk policy of the bank to be approved Management Committee and Head Office.
2. To prepare an action plan for the department and its four sections for a reviewing the operational, financial and lending activities of the bank with in an organized time line.
3. To develop risk identification and risk reporting formats for the department four sections.
4. To identify, integrate, quantify and report the overall risks in different portfolios of the bank through a portfolio risk information format.
5. To measure and fix the risk appetite , the level of risk tolerance and acceptable level of the risk for the bank in accordance to capital standing of the bank and get it approved from Management Committee .
6. To put in place operating procedure for the risk management department that covers all of the four section and monitor the functioning of the department in line with operating procedure.
7. To make sure risk strategy of the bank is implemented. .
8. To oversee, monitor, and control daily works of risk management department.
9.To develop and implement models that tracks the liquidity position of the bank and identifies any upward and downward movement in the liquidity position and ensure that the bank liquidity and foreign exchange positions are consistent with the regulatory requirement .
10. To evaluate the effectiveness of the corporate governance structure of the bank and identify those weak areas that have potential of governance risk and propose the management with appropriate solutions for mitigation.
11. To make sure the bank has sufficient provision reserve to cover credit risks, operational risk and financial risk. Treat any shortfall in provisioning as a risk and immediately report to the management on the existence of risk.
12. To make sure credit risk of the bank is properly assessed, measured, monitored and reported on daily basis.
13. To make sure operational risk of the bank is properly assessed, measured, monitored and reported.
14. To make sure exchange rate risk of the bank is properly assessed, measured, monitored and reported.
15. To make sure asset and liability risk of the bank is properly assessed, measured, monitored and reported on daily basis.
16. To make sure interest rate risk of the bank is properly assessed, measured, monitored and reported on daily basis.
17. To make sure capital charge for market risk of the bank is properly calculated.
18. To make sure strong control system exists in the bank.
19. To make sure contingent plan of the bank developed and implemented
20. To review the diversification range of the bank loan and investment portfolio and recommend constant preventive risk measures to the management for diversifying the twin portfolios of the bank in equivalence to the degree of present risks.
21. To attend and administer risk management committee
22. To perform any specific task assigned by the CEO and board of directors
Strong understanding of risk exposure calculation methods: Extensive Knowledge of credit grading and rating concepts and the technical development of such underlying models as well as working knowledge of the Base1 accord: Strong analytically skills with a working knowledge in the principles of credit risk, market risk, operation risk, liquidity risk and finance, Sound knowledge of investment risk and portfolio management concepts: Understanding of other operational risks including IT security: Ability to clearly articulate and express a bank's risk appetite: Knowledge of policy development and implementation: Strong command of risk management principles, tools and models: In depth understanding of the regulatory and managerial skills: Have broad experience in operational risk in banking.
1. Master degree in Economics, MBA from a recognized university.
2. At least 7 years of experience in relevant area.
Having excellent knowledge of
1. Market Risk
2. Credit Risk
3. Operation Risk
4. Exchange Risk
Afghanistan - Kabul
Interested candidates should submit their updated CV along with one page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the advertised position.
Please mention the vacancy number and name of the position in the subject line of your email, otherwise your application will not be accepted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Head of Professional Services at FMFB||Kabul||08 May 2018|
|Marketing Manager at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||04 May 2018|
|Consumer Loan Junior Officer at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||28 Apr 2018|
|Contrauctual Employee Consumer Loan at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||28 Apr 2018|
|Cashier at Afghanistan International Bank||Kandahar||28 Apr 2018|
|Manager, Digital Financial Services (DFS) at FMFB||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Branch Manager at FMFB||Kabul||05 May 2018|
|Treasury Officer at Arian Bank||Kabul||21 May 2018|
|ATM Cashier at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||27 Apr 2018|
|Sharia Advisor at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||27 Apr 2018|
|Customer Care Officer at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||27 Apr 2018|
|Assistant Database Administrator at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|System Administrator at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Training Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|
|Cashier at FINCA Afghanistan||Herat||05 May 2018|
|MIS Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Herat||05 May 2018|
|Credit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Herat||05 May 2018|
|Credit Supervisor at FINCA Afghanistan||Herat||05 May 2018|
|Branch Manager at FINCA Afghanistan||Herat||05 May 2018|
|MIS ( Management Information System) Assistan.. at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||25 Apr 2018|
|Deputy Chief Credit Officer (CCO) at Arian Bank||Kabul||15 May 2018|
|Customer Service Officer for GulBahar Center .. at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Kabul||27 Apr 2018|
|Internal Audit Officer at FMFB||Balkh||28 Apr 2018|
|Assistant Teller at FMFB||Jawzjan||26 Apr 2018|
|Loan Officers at FMFB||Baghlan||26 Apr 2018|
|Deputy Branch Manager at FMFB||Baghlan||26 Apr 2018|
|Loan Officers at FMFB||Bamian||26 Apr 2018|
|Deputy Branch Manager at FMFB||Bamian||26 Apr 2018|
|Deputy Branch Manager at FMFB||Badakhshan||26 Apr 2018|
|Cashier at FINCA Afghanistan||Herat||25 Apr 2018|
|Credit Supervisor at FINCA Afghanistan||Herat||25 Apr 2018|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|