Research Assistant(1031 Views)
About Afghanistan SUPPORT-II Project
SUPPORT directly assists USAID/Afghanistan Program and Projects Development Office (PPDO) with information management services and provides the PPDO and USAID/Afghanistan with a number of key services, including information management and reporting products and performance monitoring plans and related activities. SUPPORT is seeking well qualified Afghan candidates for a newly established field monitoring unit which will provide periodic reviews of specific activities on behalf of USAID/Afghanistan.
The main purpose of the mid-term performance evaluation of the Engineering Support Program (ESP) is to determine the degree to which the Tetra Tech has been effective in implementing the ESP, to evaluate how effective Tetra Tech has been in building the capacity of Afghan government infrastructure partners or other relevant actors, and to identify recommendations, problems, best practices, lessons learned, and constraints to achieving results under the ESP contract and job order operational structure. The results of the evaluation may be used to inform USAID’s future design of an engineering and technical support activity.
|Date Posted:||11 Feb 2018||Reference:||030|
|Closing Date:||18 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Research/Survey||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Conduct or assisting in conducting interviews with representatives of ESP’s Implementing Partners, relevant , program stakeholders, beneficiaries, and other relevant entities.
2. Ensure field visits are scheduled where appropriate, working closely with USAID/Afghanistan OI office to ensure that data collection methods are suitable for use in insecure areas.
3. Assist in interpretation and analysis of the data to evaluate ESP and to what extent it achieved expected outcomes.
4. Read or review documents such as:
a. ESP Statement of Work
b. List of ESP and Job Orders (JO)
c. USAID 3-Year Strategy
d. USAID 10-Year Strategy
e. USAID/OI PAD
f. USAID/OI’s new policy papers
g. Other documents as requested and deemed necessary
5. Other activities assigned by the team leader.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• At least a university degree in any relevant field;
• At least one year of experience working with evaluation and/or research teams or related experience;
• Must have excellent English language and writing skills and the ability to translate Dari and/or Pashto;
• Strong cultural awareness and writing and interpersonal skills are required;
• Good knowledge and contacts with SMEs in Afghanistan is preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Please send your CV and a cover letter that explains your suitability to the position along with the Bio Data Form. Female are highly encourage to apply.
Write clearly in the subject line of your email the job title and number.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Inspection Consultant - Health at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||18 Aug 2018|
|Senior Researcher for Security & Defense Stud.. at AISS||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|