Environmental Safeguard Officer(909 Views)
About HEDP / MoHE
Afghan policy makers perceive higher education as a vital engine of growth and development. The higher education system produces a pool of high level human resources, including policy makers, administrators, managers, entrepreneurs, engineers, medical personnel, highly skilled technicians, as well as qualified teachers and academics, that are essential for economic development. The availability of such a pool of well-educated human resources will be of central importance for the overall future development of the country. Recognizing this, the Government of Afghanistan and the World Bank (WB) have agreed to support the higher education sector through a Higher Education Operation that will succeed the previous Strengthening Higher Education Project (SHEP). The new Higher Education Development Project (HEDP) will support the overall Government’s own effort to expand and strengthen its higher education sector.
The proposed project contains two components: (1) A program component that finances strategic initiatives to develop the higher education sector. The strategic initiatives are (a) increasing participation in universities in priority degree programs for national economic development, (b) modernizing and enhancing the quality and relevance of teaching and learning; (c) expanding the professional qualifications and skills of academic and technical staff; (d) strengthening governance, quality assurance and accreditation; and (e) stimulating development orientated research. And (2) a program operations and technical support component that would support project coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, research activities, human resource development for academic managers and administrative and technical staff, policy studies, beneficiary satisfaction surveys, communications and policy dialogues. The Director of the Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) will coordinate and facilitate the implementation of HEDP in close collaboration with its relevant departments.
OPERATIONS AND MONITORING SUPPORT TEAM
Support under OMST will cover coordination, technical assistance (TA), monitoring and evaluation, research and policy studies, and communication. The technical assistance and capacity building activities of this component will assist the MoHE to implement the development initiatives of the NHESP-II. Policy studies could include tracer studies of graduates to analyze their job search and labor market experience, as well as beneficiary satisfaction surveys of staff and students of institutions and programs supported by HEDP. Resources for communication would enable higher education authorities to disseminate development initiatives to political authorities, policy makers, academics, students, and the general public. The team would help MoHE to fine tune policy reforms, such as piloting and evaluating innovative approaches to promote female enrolment in priority programs. Component 2 of the Projectwill also finance the incremental operating costs of an Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the MoHE.
The position is for the duration of the project, subject to satisfactory performance. There will be a probation period of three months. Annual performance evaluations will be organized by the Supervisor OMST. Feedback will be obtained from the MoHE for the performance evaluation.
|Date Posted:||11 Feb 2018||Reference:||HEDP / MoHE / 028|
|Closing Date:||03 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparing site-specific ESMPs (where needed).
• Ensuring effective integration of environmental considerations into all aspects of identification, consultation, planning and implementation of sub-project activities;
• Advising relevant entities on the environmental implications of safeguard policies of the World Bank and environmental policies of the national government;
• Coordinating, and liaising with, Directorate of planning to ensure effective mainstreaming of environmental issues into the implementation of sub-project activities, and facilitating lesson-learning and experience-sharing;
• Ensuring that Sub-project activities are consistent in their approaches to environmental issues, thereby supporting full blending at the operational level;
• Ensuring that environment-related modules are incorporated in the training and capacity building programs designed for the HEDP at all the levels.
• Managing the implementation of all training and awareness raising at project and all sub-projects levels;
• Defining, and subsequently monitoring, suitable environmental indicators for sub-projects and preparing quarterly monitoring reports;
• Providing environmental inputs to monitoring, evaluation, and reporting activities;
• Ensuring regular interaction with the contractors and World Bank Mission on Environmental aspects;
• Certifying that the project sites are properly screened with the relevant ESMF tools and guidelines during project implementation by the project beneficiaries and stakeholders.
• Confirming that the relevant subproject ESMP is properly disclosed, shared and disseminated with the relevant stakeholders.
• Certifying proper implementation of the ESMF and the ESMP by the contractors and monitor the work of the contractors.
• Verifying that the site engineers and stockholders understand that sub-projects must be consistent in their approaches to environmental and social issues and fully in compliance with ESMF and ESMP requirements in all stages of the sub-project.
• Confirming that all Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines are properly implemented.
• Any other related task assigned by supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability to speak, read and write excellent English, produce project reports in English for regular and continuous presentations and computer literate
• Ability to interact with senior academics and administrative staff in the universities
• Ability to work with and be a partner of a team of diverse backgrounds
• Ability to work efficiently and to meet deadlines
• Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team members
• Strong communication, negotiating skills and good interpersonal relations
Bachelor of Science in environmental science or equivalent qualification with at least 4 years of relevant national experience. Working knowledge of English and good command of national languages (Dari/Pashtu) required.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Technical
Interested national candidates should submit their applications in writing to Administration & HR Department Higher Education Development Program (HEDP) at the Ministry of Higher Education located in Karta-e-4, MoHE, Kabul, Afghanistan or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied to) to the Following email address.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test/interview.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Plumber at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Technical Evaluation Specialist at Agricultural Development Fund||Balkh||28 Jul 2018|
|Technical Advisor to Minister MAIL at Ministry Of Agriculture Irrigation ..||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Petroleum and Gas Engineer to MoMP/LSMU at Ministry of Mines and Petroleu..||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Technical Audit Manager at AFTEL||Kabul||21 Jul 2018|
|کارشناس جیولوجی محیطی (Env.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Technical Evaluation Manager at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|