Senior M & E Advisor(1004 Views)
About Ministry of Education (MoE)
Ministry of education has the outstanding rank among governmental organization of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, in order to render 65% services for the public. Ministry of Education, for the achieving of its valuable goals and Objectives, would like to recruit employees through open competition and merit based selection, consequently to enhance the capacity of civil servants, develop the current governmental management systems, and play the effective professional role in the administrative environment.
|Date Posted:||12 Feb 2018||Reference:||UNICEF/MoE/HRMU/16|
|Closing Date:||26 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Analysis of dataprovided by EMIS Department and preparation of different types of analytical reports required by H.E deputy Minister.
• Review, revise and Update and dDevelops M&E instrumentation tools for the project as needed (including monitoring data collection forms tools for program and partner staff).
• Assist in pre-intervention assessment exercises to establish baselines and targets, as well as other relevant data to inform program(s) and MoE strategy;
• Review and Rrefineall monitoring and evaluation tools used by general education departments/units and ensure they are user friendly and all relevant staff can easily apply them. for the evaluation of training courses, including conducting the necessary research to ensure that the tools are user friendly and meet program requirements for General Education’s all units;
• Conduct training workshops on application of the tools for different monitoring and evaluation purposes for General Education Programme staff at national and sub-national levels,
• Supports the documentation of best practices and facilitate the use of such data to drive program design and decision making;
• Provides technical assistance to build or strengtheningMoE’s capacity for data management and monitoring and evaluation of General Education programmes at national and sub-national levels.
• Produces information to share lessons learned and for advocacy purpose.
• Supervises SupportM&EMonitoring; and Reporting (M&R), Research and Evaluation (R&E) and,EMIS (Education Mmanagement Iinformation Ssystems)departments/units to ensure proper use of M&E tools in data collections and reporting (MIS) and Knowledge Management/ Communications team members to ensure that all program results are included in program.
• Ensure that the General Educationdelivers all internal and external M&E required information in a timely manner and with high quality and accuracy.
• Strengthen the M&E systems and processes of General Education and assure achievement and progress towards project objectives and outcomes.
• Contribute to the harmonization of data management and dissemination and potential replication of M&E best-practices across Afghanistan Education programs and MoE programs;
• Ensure that data collection methodologies used at field levels are standardized, enabling the specific vulnerabilities of different target groups to be captured and analyzed.
• Ensure that verifiable, quantitative data is routine collected and analyzed for General Education and EMIS Department, across all operational sectorsSupport R&E unit in development of proper evaluation tools for Education Joint Sector Review and preparation of quality reports eventually,.
• Ensure that monthly timelyquantitative data analysis is shared with relevant MoE departments and stakeholders to inform program design and review.
• Orient and provide training for program personnel on MoE’s policies and reporting requirements, including MoE’s approach to evaluating training, as well as on M&E systems, tools and processes, of program activities and M&E best practices, and extend these to a wider internal audience as needed.
• Ensure that all EMIS and M&Erelated; internal and external reporting requirements for the Deputy Minister’s office are met with timely, relevant, triangulated and well analyzed data.
• Support project teams with monitoring assessment/evaluationand evaluation planning, ensuring that minimum criteria for quality monitoring and evaluations are integrated into design and implementation.
• Ensure that all assessment/evaluation reports meet the EMIS quality criteria, and promote the integration of recommendations and lessons learnt in project planning and future programming.
• Manage and support the program teams with the development, refinement and revisions of project management and monitoring tools specific to the program, including logic models, risk assessments, performance indicators, M&E plans, quality data collection, reporting templates and databases, in line with RBM standards and MoE policies.
• Coordinate with other components to leverage efforts and resources on common issues; and
• Provide rapid response to requests for information from MoE, donors or partners.
• Perform any other tasks assigned by supervisor,
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in management, social science, economics, statistics, or equivalent fields,with preference to Master’s degree in the related fields is preferred in International Development, Law, Political or Social Science, Economics, or other relevant field;
• Minimum of 07 (seven) years of relevant professional experience preferably in program/project planning and management, monitoring and evaluation and research and development ideally within with an international or government organization;
• Working knowledge of experience in the Education Sector in the plan preparation, coordination, management, program/project implementation and M&E.
• Demonstrated Experiences in program/project monitoring and evaluation, data collection, data management and staff capacity building on M&E. M&E experience in capacity development and rule of law programming would be an asset;
• Experience in M&E capacity building advisory to stakeholders is highly desirable; Minimum 2 Years of experience in capacity development focused on planning of program/project staff in the planning, management, M&E and implementation.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation of education policies, program and projects and the approaches for their development.
• Experience in policy formulation, data maintenance and good analytical skills.
• Experience in effective maintaining of communication and coordination among MoE and its development partners through effectively quality planning and reporting
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Dari, Pashto and English .
• Strong team building skills, management, communication, research and development (R & D) and skill development
• Strong knowledge of communication, negotiation, presentation and change management
• Competent in using MS Office package particularly Word, Excel and Power Point and with experience using database and data analysis softwares
• Ability to analyze data for and correct errors and prepare reports,
• Ability to travel to provinces
• Excellent English, Dari and Pashto written and oral communication skills.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, M & E
Interested Afghan candidates should submit their letter of interest (cover letter) along with the updated resumes to:
HRMU, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
Deh Afghanan, Ministry of Education, 4th floor first Corridor first office, Kabul, Afghanistan
no later than 26th Feb 2018, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to the below email.
You are requested to send your letter of interest along with the updated resume, and attested degree from Ministry of Higher Education in Word or PDF file. Please mention post title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email. However, do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters and etc. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only short listed candidates will be contacted with, and called for the test and interview. The test & interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the short listed candidates only sooner after the deadline of vacancy announcement.
Ministry of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MoE does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, handicap, religion, ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Candidates with disabilities and qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
According to NTA Policy this position will be place in A Grade
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Conducting Evaluation of Strengthening Commun.. at Afghanaid||Kabul||22 Feb 2018|