Assistant Regional Polio Officer (ARPO)(599 Views)
About World Health Organization
In February 1949, when the first session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean was held in Cairo, the world was still recovering from the wounds inflicted on it by the Second World War. The historic first session reflected then the vision and determination of eleven countries with similar values, heritage and aspirations to work together in a unique partnership, and start building a better world for future generations.
The exceptional spirit of partnership and collaboration that has governed the relationship between WHO and its Member States in the Eastern Mediterranean Region over the years, resulted in landmark achievements bringing health and hope to all corners of the region.
Let us acknowledge our achievements, so that we may build on the success to meet the challenges of a new world ahead
To perform AFP surveillance, SIAs and EPI activities under the overall supervision of Regional Team Leader and direct supervision of regional polio officer.
|Date Posted:||12 Feb 2018||Reference:||WHOAFG-2018-02-05|
|Closing Date:||25 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||2400 to 2400 USD|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee, supervise and monitor AFP surveillance activities in the region.
• Produce monthly report on the implementation of the monthly plan.
• Maintain the AFP line list, rec. files and hard/soft copies of AFP surveillance data for the region and share updated rec. file weekly with the country office.
• Supervise/monitor/support surveillance activities of PPOs including active surveillance visits.
• Regularly review the AFP surveillance network and include the health facilities which get operationalized and add the care providers and reporting volunteers using the healthcare contacts information.
• Produce active surveillance/zero report data to the country office on monthly basis.
• Analyze data on AFP surveillance, share the information with Regional TL and other relevant persons and field staff and use the information for action.
• Facilitate/monitor/supervise surveillance related capacity building activities - training session for focal persons, healthcare providers and reporting volunteers
• Provide technical assistance to provincial and district teams in the region for improving planning and micro-planning for SIAs.
• Conduct/supervise training of cluster supervisors, FLWs, ICM, PCM, and LQAS monitors.
• Supervise/monitor SIAs and submit report to the Regional TL.
• Support data collection, compilation and analysis after completion of SIA rounds.
• Report to Regional TL any information related to access or issues related to implementation of PEI activities.
• Support the regional team in timely distribution of vaccine, logistics and supplies.
• Support provincial and district polio officers to achieve SIAs coverage above 95%.
• Facilitate regular coordination meetings with all PEI/EPI implementing partners.
• Assist MoPH and oversee Vaccine Preventable Disease Surveillance and reporting AEFI.
• Assist Regional TL on any other related tasks assigned like assignments from Regional Emergency Operational committee (EOC) and Regional Rapid Response Team (RRRT) and others.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Good computer skill (Excel, Word and PowerPoint required)
• MD degree
• At least 7 years of relevant technical and managerial experiences with PEI programme, preferably with international agencies.
• A national of Afghanistan
• Good working knowledge of English, local languages
• Mandatory computer literacy with good skills in presentation of technical details and in drafting of correspondence and reports.
• Ability to maintain AFP surveillance data base.
• Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team and adapt to diverse social and cultural background.
• Maintain high standards of personal conduct and integrity.
• Willingness to work long hours and weekends, especially during important activities such as conferences/meetings, vaccination campaigns, and other essential events.
• Willingness and able to travel to all parts of provinces of Northern region, Afghanistan
Afghanistan - Balkh
Bachelors Degree, Health/Medical
Interested applicants (Afghan National) meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG-2018-02-05) along with their curriculum vitae, copy of National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email:
Note: WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualified female candidate will be given preference.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
WHO is a smoke free environment.
|More jobs in this category|
|Hospital Waste Management Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||27 Feb 2018|
|معاون آموزگار حرفه آرایش.. at Afghan Hind||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|
|Project Manager at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||02 Mar 2018|
|Procurement Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||02 Mar 2018|
|رئیس خدمات صحی و تعلیمی ک.. at igdk||Kabul||25 Feb 2018|
|MHCP Deputy Head of Department at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||25 Feb 2018|
|Deputy Field coordinator at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||24 Feb 2018|
|Senior Technical Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||25 Feb 2018|
|Postgraduate Medical Education Residency Prog.. at French Medical Institu..||Kabul||15 Mar 2018|
|سال 2018 (FMIC) اکمال تخصص در .. at French Medical Institu..||Kabul||15 Mar 2018|
|Translator / Foreign Doctors Assistant (FEMAL.. at DK - German Medical Di..||Kabul||28 Feb 2018|