Procurement Assistant(1424 Views)
About HEDP / MoHE
Afghan policy makers perceive higher education as a vital engine of growth and development. The higher education system produces a pool of high level human resources, including policy makers, administrators, managers, entrepreneurs, engineers, medical personnel, highly skilled technicians, as well as qualified teachers and academics, that are essential for economic development. The availability of such a pool of well-educated human resources will be of central importance for the overall future development of the country. Recognizing this, the Government of Afghanistan and the World Bank (WB) have agreed to support the higher education sector through a Higher Education Operation that will succeed the previous Strengthening Higher Education Project (SHEP). The new Higher Education Development Project (HEDP) will support the overall Government’s own effort to expand and strengthen its higher education sector.
The proposed project contains two components: (1) A program component that finances strategic initiatives to develop the higher education sector. The strategic initiatives are (a) increasing participation in universities in priority degree programs for national economic development, (b) modernizing and enhancing the quality and relevance of teaching and learning; (c) expanding the professional qualifications and skills of academic and technical staff; (d) strengthening governance, quality assurance and accreditation; and (e) stimulating development orientated research. And (2) a program operations and technical support component that would support project coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, research activities, human resource development for academic managers and administrative and technical staff, policy studies, beneficiary satisfaction surveys, communications and policy dialogues. The Director of the Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) will coordinate and facilitate the implementation of HEDP in close collaboration with its relevant departments.
OPERATIONS AND MONITORING SUPPORT TEAM
Support under OMST will cover coordination, technical assistance (TA), monitoring and evaluation, research and policy studies, and communication. The technical assistance and capacity building activities of this component will assist the MoHE to implement the development initiatives of the NHESP-II. Policy studies could include tracer studies of graduates to analyze their job search and labor market experience, as well as beneficiary satisfaction surveys of staff and students of institutions and programs supported by HEDP. Resources for communication would enable higher education authorities to disseminate development initiatives to political authorities, policy makers, academics, students, and the general public. The team would help MoHE to fine tune policy reforms, such as piloting and evaluating innovative approaches to promote female enrolment in priority programs. Component 2 of the Projectwill also finance the incremental operating costs of an Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the MoHE.
The procurement assistant will provide technical support in all procurement issues to the HEDP and World Bank-funded projects within MoHE. He/She will be based in the Main Office Kabul and will work under the supervision of the Project Director (PD), Sr. Operation Manager together with procurement specialist and procurement officer for component I & II.
|Date Posted:||12 Feb 2018||Reference:||HEDP / MoHE / 032|
|Closing Date:||04 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. The Procurement Assistant will assist HEDP Procurement Unit in all the procurement functions (assigned to him from time to time) by following procurement guidelines and procedures of The World Bank Guideline and Afghanistan Procurement Law.
2. Preparing shopping documents and assisting in the preparation of Bidding Documents (under NCB procedures) for Goods and Works (as per Standard Bidding documents and Guidelines of World Bank and Afghanistan Procurement Law) including their issue/dispatch and coordination for providing required clarifications in close coordination with/guidance of the procurement specialist and procurement officer.
3. Ensure that Order Requests are completed properly and are filled accordingly.
4. Update an Order Follow Up table under the supervision of the line manager
5. Maintain a perfect ethic when purchasing and collecting quotations.
6. Support Procurement Specialist and officer in procurement activities.
7. Ensure that an organized filing system is in place, which should include records of work done and procurement records.
8. Preparation of Invitation for Bid (IFB) and arranging their publication/notification to prospective bidders.
9. Assisting in Preparation/Updating of Procurement Plan as and when required.
10. Support with procurement documentation in case of audit.
11. Ensure information flow with relevant departments (Procurement, Admin & Finance, IT and Planning) and Sr. Universities Operation Manager.
12. Taking and circulating minutes from team meetings.
13. Any other procurement related duties assigned by HEDP Director.
Reporting line: The Procurement Assistant reports to the Sr. Operation Manager.
• Ability to speak, read and write excellent English, produce project reports in English for regular and continuous presentations and computer literate
• Ability to interact with senior academics and administrative staff in the universities
• Ability to work with and be a partner of a team of diverse backgrounds
• Ability to work efficiently and to meet deadlines
• Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team members
• Strong communication, negotiating skills and good interpersonal relations
1. At least bachelor in relevant field or any other degree equal to bachelor from University duly recognized by Govt. of Afghanistan.
2. 3 years’ experience in procurement with Government and funded projects.
3. Introductory knowledge of public procurement procedures and World Bank guide line.
4. Good Working knowledge of English Language to comfortably work with Standard procurement documents (SBDs) of Afghanistan procurement law and World Bank.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Procurement
Interested national candidates should submit their applications in writing to Administration & HR Department Higher Education Development Program (HEDP) at the Ministry of Higher Education located in Karta-e-4, MoHE, Kabul, Afghanistan or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied to) to the Following email address.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test / interview.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Re - Procurement/Legal Advisor at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Kabul C..||Kabul||28 Sep 2018|
|Young Professional Consultant at SNaPP2-MAIL||Kabul||25 Sep 2018|
|3rd Re-announce: Senior Procurement Specialis.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||22 Sep 2018|
|Procurement Specialist at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Reform and Capa..||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|