Technical Officer (Teaching Learning)(526 Views)
About HEDP / MoHE
Afghan policy makers perceive higher education as a vital engine of growth and development. The higher education system produces a pool of high level human resources, including policy makers, administrators, managers, entrepreneurs, engineers, medical personnel, highly skilled technicians, as well as qualified teachers and academics, that are essential for economic development. The availability of such a pool of well-educated human resources will be of central importance for the overall future development of the country. Recognizing this, the Government of Afghanistan and the World Bank (WB) have agreed to support the higher education sector through a Higher Education Operation that will succeed the previous Strengthening Higher Education Project (SHEP). The new Higher Education Development Project (HEDP) will support the overall Government’s own effort to expand and strengthen its higher education sector.
The proposed project contains two components: (1) A program component that finances strategic initiatives to develop the higher education sector. The strategic initiatives are (a) increasing participation in universities in priority degree programs for national economic development, (b) modernizing and enhancing the quality and relevance of teaching and learning; (c) expanding the professional qualifications and skills of academic and technical staff; (d) strengthening governance, quality assurance and accreditation; and (e) stimulating development orientated research. And (2) a program operations and technical support component that would support project coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, research activities, human resource development for academic managers and administrative and technical staff, policy studies, beneficiary satisfaction surveys, communications and policy dialogues. The Director of the Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) will coordinate and facilitate the implementation of HEDP in close collaboration with its relevant departments.
OPERATIONS AND MONITORING SUPPORT TEAM
Support under OMST will cover coordination, technical assistance (TA), monitoring and evaluation, research and policy studies, and communication. The technical assistance and capacity building activities of this component will assist the MoHE to implement the development initiatives of the NHESP-II. Policy studies could include tracer studies of graduates to analyze their job search and labor market experience, as well as beneficiary satisfaction surveys of staff and students of institutions and programs supported by HEDP. Resources for communication would enable higher education authorities to disseminate development initiatives to political authorities, policy makers, academics, students, and the general public. The team would help MoHE to fine tune policy reforms, such as piloting and evaluating innovative approaches to promote female enrolment in priority programs. Component 2 of the Projectwill also finance the incremental operating costs of an Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the MoHE.
The position is for the duration of the project, subject to satisfactory performance. There will be a probation period of three months. Annual performance evaluations will be organized by the Director of the OMST. Feedback will be obtained from the MoHE for the performance evaluation.
|Date Posted:||12 Feb 2018||Reference:||HEDP / MoHE / 033|
|Closing Date:||04 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support and cooperate with the Senior Teaching & Learning Manager in all OBE-SCL related activities
2. Provide administrative and logistical support for the day-to-day activities and to OBE-SCL Workshop locally and overseas
3. Assist the manager in the survey of OBE-SCL Practice Verification and its data analysis
4. Maintain all communications with University Operations Coordinators for day to day activities
5. Prepare official correspondences and letters (Maktoob, Pishnehad etc.) and timely deliver them to relevant staff at MoHE and universities
6. Communicate with the local and external partners for arrangement and launch of training, workshops, and conferences
7. Act as contact person between Senior Teaching & Learning Manager and Universities’ leadership, the OBE-SCL Champions, University Operations Coordinators
8. Ensure OBE-SCL activities are documented, archived, and recorded in an organized manner
9. Coordinate the OBE-SCL events, workshops and meetings with champions, university operations coordinators and MoHE
10. Collect the teaching portfolios and assist in the analysis process of the portfolios
11. Liaise with the Communication Specialist and update him/her on the OBE-SCL related events and activities
12. Perform such other duties, appropriate to the level of appointment as assigned from time to time by the Senior Teaching & Learning Manager
• Be able to communicate effectively both in the written and oral mode.
• Be culturally sensitive and possess good interpersonal skills
• Be a self-starter and be able to work without supervision
• Be well organized, reliable and able to deliver quality outcomes on time.
• Possess critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Must be willing to travel throughout Afghanistan
• Fluent in English, Pashto, and Dari (spoken and written
The candidate should have at least a bachelor degree in Business Administration, Education or relevant discipline. Must have a minimum 4 years continuous administration experience with national or international organizations and preferably in the education sector. Able to use Computer Software, Office package, and internet us.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested national candidates should submit their applications in writing to Administration & HR Department Higher Education Development Program (HEDP) at the Ministry of Higher Education located in Karta-e-4, MoHE, Kabul, Afghanistan or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied to) to the Following email address.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test/interview.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Land Acquisition and Resettlement specialist .. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||07 May 2018|
|MULTI SKILLED TECHNICIAN at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||26 Apr 2018|
|Individual Consultant to develop interconnect.. at Ministry of communicat..||Kabul||27 Apr 2018|
|Plant Manager (Fruit Processing) at Agroindust Inc.||Kabul||30 Apr 2018|