Technical Officer (Education and Technology)(1513 Views)
About HEDP / MoHE
Afghan policy makers perceive higher education as a vital engine of growth and development. The higher education system produces a pool of high level human resources, including policy makers, administrators, managers, entrepreneurs, engineers, medical personnel, highly skilled technicians, as well as qualified teachers and academics, that are essential for economic development. The availability of such a pool of well-educated human resources will be of central importance for the overall future development of the country. Recognizing this, the Government of Afghanistan and the World Bank (WB) have agreed to support the higher education sector through a Higher Education Operation that will succeed the previous Strengthening Higher Education Project (SHEP). The new Higher Education Development Project (HEDP) will support the overall Government’s own effort to expand and strengthen its higher education sector.
The proposed project contains two components: (1) A program component that finances strategic initiatives to develop the higher education sector. The strategic initiatives are (a) increasing participation in universities in priority degree programs for national economic development, (b) modernizing and enhancing the quality and relevance of teaching and learning; (c) expanding the professional qualifications and skills of academic and technical staff; (d) strengthening governance, quality assurance and accreditation; and (e) stimulating development orientated research. And (2) a program operations and technical support component that would support project coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, research activities, human resource development for academic managers and administrative and technical staff, policy studies, beneficiary satisfaction surveys, communications and policy dialogues. The Director of the Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) will coordinate and facilitate the implementation of HEDP in close collaboration with its relevant departments.
OPERATIONS AND MONITORING SUPPORT TEAM
Support under OMST will cover coordination, technical assistance (TA), monitoring and evaluation, research and policy studies, and communication. The technical assistance and capacity building activities of this component will assist the MoHE to implement the development initiatives of the NHESP-II. Policy studies could include tracer studies of graduates to analyze their job search and labor market experience, as well as beneficiary satisfaction surveys of staff and students of institutions and programs supported by HEDP. Resources for communication would enable higher education authorities to disseminate development initiatives to political authorities, policy makers, academics, students, and the general public. The team would help MoHE to fine tune policy reforms, such as piloting and evaluating innovative approaches to promote female enrolment in priority programs. Component 2 of the Projectwill also finance the incremental operating costs of an Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the MoHE.
The position is for the duration of the project, subject to satisfactory performance. There will be a probation period of three months. Annual performance evaluations will be organized by the Director of the OMST. Feedback will be obtained from the MoHE for the performance evaluation.
|Date Posted:||12 Feb 2018||Reference:||HEDP / MoHE / 034|
|Closing Date:||04 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support and cooperate with the Senior Education and Technology Manager in all information and communications technology-related activities
2. Provide technical assistance to Senior Education and Technology Manager and Information Technology (IT) Directorate of MoHE in the area of design, implementation, and monitoring of ICT centers, ICT equipment and Facilities, Afghanistan Research and Education Network (AfgREN), E-Learning activities and Higher Education Management Information System (HEMIS) implementation.
3. Provide technical support to universities and higher education institutions during the requirement gathering, implementation and monitoring and post-implementation utilization monitoring of ICT projects.
4. Liaise and coordinate ICT projects activities with universities, implementing contractors and Procurement Directorate, MoHE.
5. Coordinate and support information and communications technology capacity building activities in universities and IT Directorate of MoHE.
6. Provide administrative and logistical support for the day-to-day activities Education and Technology theme of OMST/HEDP.
7. Assist the manager in the survey of ICT related projects and its data analysis.
8. Maintain all communications with University Operations Coordinators for day to day activities
9. Prepare official correspondences and letters (Maktoob, Pishnehad etc.) and timely deliver them to relevant staff at MoHE and universities
10. Communicate with the local and external partners for arrangement and launch of training, workshops, and conferences
11. Act as contact person between Senior Education and Technology Manager and Universities’ leadership, IT Directorate, project implementing contractors and University Operations Coordinators
12. Ensure all education and technology activities are documented, archived, and recorded in an organized manner
13. Liaise with the Communication Specialist and provide timely updates on the ICT related events and activities
14. Perform such other duties, appropriate to the level of appointment as assigned from time to time by the Senior Education and Technology Manager.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Be able to communicate effectively both in the written and oral mode.
• Be culturally sensitive and possess good interpersonal skills
• Be a self-starter and be able to work without supervision
• Be well organized, reliable and able to deliver quality outcomes on time.
• Possess critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Must be willing to travel throughout Afghanistan
• Fluent in English, Pashto, and Dari (spoken and written
The candidate should have at least a bachelor degree in computer science, information technology or relevant discipline. Must have a minimum 4 years continuous experience in the area of information and communications technology with national or international organizations.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT
Interested national candidates should submit their applications in writing to Administration & HR Department Higher Education Development Program (HEDP) at the Ministry of Higher Education located in Karta-e-4, MoHE, Kabul, Afghanistan or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied to) to the Following email address.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test / interview.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Information Technology Senior Adviser at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Sep 2018|
|FMIS Technical Advisor at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||06 Oct 2018|
|Senior IT Officer at Ministery of Energy and Water||Kabul||06 Oct 2018|
|متخصص تکنالوژی at Ministry of Defense||Kabul||06 Oct 2018|
|Senior Software Developer at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|
|Information Technology (IT) Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||30 Sep 2018|
|Junior Officer – Help Desk at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||25 Sep 2018|