Intern (Admin)(1263 Views)
About HEDP / MoHE
Afghan policy makers perceive higher education as a vital engine of growth and development. The higher education system produces a pool of high level human resources, including policy makers, administrators, managers, entrepreneurs, engineers, medical personnel, highly skilled technicians, as well as qualified teachers and academics, that are essential for economic development. The availability of such a pool of well-educated human resources will be of central importance for the overall future development of the country. Recognizing this, the Government of Afghanistan and the World Bank (WB) have agreed to support the higher education sector through a Higher Education Operation that will succeed the previous Strengthening Higher Education Project (SHEP). The new Higher Education Development Project (HEDP) will support the overall Government’s own effort to expand and strengthen its higher education sector.
The proposed project contains two components: (1) A program component that finances strategic initiatives to develop the higher education sector. The strategic initiatives are (a) increasing participation in universities in priority degree programs for national economic development, (b) modernizing and enhancing the quality and relevance of teaching and learning; (c) expanding the professional qualifications and skills of academic and technical staff; (d) strengthening governance, quality assurance and accreditation; and (e) stimulating development orientated research. And (2) a program operations and technical support component that would support project coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, research activities, human resource development for academic managers and administrative and technical staff, policy studies, beneficiary satisfaction surveys, communications and policy dialogues. The Director of the Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) will coordinate and facilitate the implementation of HEDP in close collaboration with its relevant departments.
OPERATIONS AND MONITORING SUPPORT TEAM
Support under OMST will cover coordination, technical assistance (TA), monitoring and evaluation, research and policy studies, and communication. The technical assistance and capacity building activities of this component will assist the MoHE to implement the development initiatives of the NHESP-II. Policy studies could include tracer studies of graduates to analyze their job search and labor market experience, as well as beneficiary satisfaction surveys of staff and students of institutions and programs supported by HEDP. Resources for communication would enable higher education authorities to disseminate development initiatives to political authorities, policy makers, academics, students, and the general public. The team would help MoHE to fine tune policy reforms, such as piloting and evaluating innovative approaches to promote female enrolment in priority programs. Component 2 of the Projectwill also finance the incremental operating costs of an Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the MoHE.
The Admin intern works under direct supervision of Admin HR Specialist and Team, to facilitate the process of the Administrative issues with Admin HR Team.
Female candidates are highly encouraged and preferred to apply.
|Date Posted:||12 Feb 2018||Reference:||HEDP / MoHE / 035|
|Closing Date:||04 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• General administrative support: file, organize, mail outgoing orders, maintain inventory, order, and stock general office/art supplies
• Providing support to Admin HR Specialist in administrative issues.
• Prepare and Inventory Management system.
• Conduct inventory for better asset management.
• Keeping the record of Asset maintenance and Consumable items.
• Prepare an effective stock Management.
• Providing customer support for local and international orders and grant recipients - Supporting event coordination for development events hosted by community partners
• Assisting in volunteer management and coordination
• Writing blogs, website content, and helping coordinate the monthly
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to anticipate, identify and resolve complex financial issues.
• Strong Analytical skills, including the ability to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers,
• Generate alternatives and drive positive change.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
• Demonstrated the ability to multi-task, perform in a fast-paced environment & respond quickly to situational needs as they arise.
• Proficient use of financial systems and analysis tools including Microsoft Office and QuickBooks (preferred)
• Pursuing a bachelor degree or newly graduated from a recognized University.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Management
Interested national candidates should submit their applications in writing to Administration & HR Department Higher Education Development Program (HEDP) at the Ministry of Higher Education located in Karta-e-4, MoHE, Kabul, Afghanistan or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied to) to the Following email address.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test/interview.
Female candidates are highly encouraged and preferred to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|General Manager at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Programme Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Project Clerk (SB2/3) at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||02 Aug 2018|
|Global Medical Service Management at Afghan Global Insurance||Kabul||01 Aug 2018|
|Executive director: Eshteghal-Zaiee – Karmo.. at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|SR. Procurement Specialist : Eshteghal-Zaiee.. at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Marketing Officer at Rabia Nawawaran||Kabul||25 Jul 2018|
|Economic Analyst to MoMP/ Cadastre Directorat.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Contract Management Expert to MoMP/ Cadastre .. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Deputy Head of Technical & Coordination Unit at DACAAR||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|