Assistant Database Administrator(1889 Views)
About Afghanistan International Bank
Afghanistan International Bank (Incorporated in March 2004) is the first private bank in the country promoted by Asian Development Bank (ADB) and some of the prominent business houses of the country headquartered at Kabul. Within ten years of commencing business the Bank has grown rapidly throughout the country.
AIB believes in developing its people through continuous investment in training and giving larger opportunities to those who grow with the bank. With professional management team ensuring high standards of corporate governance and a professional work environment where every manager is committed to train and develop his people is what makes AIB an employer of choice.
The Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Bank’s databases, managing them according to business, regulatory and continuity requirements.
|Date Posted:||12 Feb 2018||Reference:||HR 04/02/2018|
|Closing Date:||26 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist to design, implement and build database systems of high availability and integrity.
2. Assist to monitor and tune performance, implement necessary changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
3. Assist to define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner.
4. Use efficient transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
5. Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
6. Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
7. Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
8. Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
9. Keep inventory of the banks databases.
10. Plan for future capacity requirements.
1. Familiarity with various Database Management systems and platforms.
2. General System Administration trouble shooting expertise.
3. System upgrade and patching skills.
1. Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
2. Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
3. Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
1. Minimum of Bachelor Degree in the Information Sciences
2. Professional certification (e.g. OCA, OCP, CCDP)
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT
The application, consist of a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post along with up-to-date CV, should be sent via email (clearly indicating on the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number) before closing date to mentioned email address. Or submit hardcopy of application and CV at:
Kabul Head Office:
Human Resources Department
Shahabudin Watt, Haji Yaqoob Square, Shar-e-Naw, Kabul, Afghanistan
Contact: +93 (0) 20 255 0123
(Saturday to Wednesday – 08:30am to 04:30pm)
(Thursdays – 8:30am to 1:30pm)
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for assessment and interview.
Afghanistan International Bank (AIB) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|More jobs in this category|
|Relationship Manager (Officer Level) at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|
|Cashier (Female) at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|
|Country Risk Manager at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||12 Jan 2019|
|Re-announce Branch Manager- Balkh at Exchangerzone||Balkh||10 Jan 2019|
|Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Plan .. at OXUS Afghanistan||Kabul||21 Dec 2018|
|برقی at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||19 Dec 2018|
|CFO (Chief Financial Officer) at Arian Bank||Kabul||04 Jan 2019|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|