About Integrity Watch Afghanistan
Integrity Watch is an Afghan civil society organization committed to increase transparency, accountability, and integrity in Afghanistan.
The mission of Integrity Watch is to put corruption under the spotlight through community monitoring, research, and advocacy. We mobilize and train communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries. We develop community monitoring tools, provide policy-oriented research, facilitate policy dialogue, and advocate for integrity, transparency, and accountability in Afghanistan.
Integrity Watch was created in October 2005 and established itself as an independent civil society organization in 2006. It has approximately 90 staff members and 381 Local Monitors. The head office of Integrity Watch is in Kabul with provincial programmatic outreach in Balkh, Bamyan, Herat, Kabul, Kapisa, Nangarhar, Parwan, Baghlan, and Kunduz.
Integrity Watch’s work has three major components: (1) Community Monitoring, (2) Research, and (3) Advocacy. Integrity Watch tries to encourage active citizenship and community mobilization through its programs. Our community monitoring work includes development of community monitoring tools, mobilizing and training communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries.
Our research work is focused on policy-oriented research measuring trends, perceptions and experiences of corruption and covering wide range of corruption related issues including security and justice sectors, extractive industries, budget and public finance management, and aid effectiveness. The objective is to develop new, ground-breaking empirical research in order to set the agenda, influence decision-makers, and bring to the public attention non-documented and non-explored issues.
The aim of our advocacy work is to enhance Integrity Watch’s pioneering role in advocating for knowledgeable decision-making and informed public debate on corruption and integrity. Our advocacy work includes facilitation of policy dialogue on issues related to integrity, transparency, and accountability. We advocate for access to information; budget transparency, accountability, and participation; aid transparency and effectiveness; social accountability; and other issues related to anti-corruption.
Background on the duty
The guard must secure and watch the IWA compound and premises and the attached goods such as IWA properties, vehicles, personal belongings and Guest belongings. Welcome and check visitors, and make sure to keep clean and tidy the inside and outside of the compound
|Date Posted:||12 Feb 2018||Reference:||IWA-HR-008-18|
|Closing Date:||19 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Operation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and duties
• Inspect the compound at the beginning of the duty and brief the following guard before ending the duty.
• Check the visitors’ identity (ID card) and bodies before letting them entering the IWA compound.
• Fill the “Visitor and Event” book and gave to the person a Visitor Card. (National and International people)
• To check and the fuel/gas of generator, lamps, gas cylinder and stoves in the building and report to the responsible person when they are.
• To ensure the lights are ON in the compound during the night shift of the duty.
• Closely check and follow up of the generator when it is on.
• Refer to the Logistician / office manager in case of problem with the generator.
• Make sure that the water tanker is always filled and the water pump is fully functional.
• Clean front as well as inside of the office/guest house premises as required.
• Clean the snow of the roof top and compound during the winter snowfall..
• Keep him self-aware of security situation. Any incident or suspicious event must be reported to the office responsible person.
• Make sure that all office equipment’s are in their appropriate loading and unloading of incoming and-out going material from the office/guest houses
• Should not sleep during the duty.
• Clean the office compound on daily basis.
Undertake any other job related duties when required.
Any leave or change in the time-table has to be previously agreed with the Logistician
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Be able to register the visitors in a proper manner.
• Be able to communicate both in Dari and Pashto
• Be able to work extra hours when required
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Be polite and treat people well.
• At least have studied up to class (10)
• Graduated from class 12 is preferred.
• At least 1 year previous experience in a similar/relevant post in National or International NGOs
Afghanistan - Herat: PROVINCIAL CENTER (HERAT)
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter that outlines how your experience and education relates to the skills and experience outlined in the Terms of Reference to In the e-mail subject line please write “Guard – name of the province ” and your name.
The deadline for applications is 19.02.2018. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Operation Manager at Albashir Exchange and MSP||Kabul||04 May 2018|
|Customer Services Manager at Albashir Exchange and MSP||Kabul||04 May 2018|