Procurement Officer(1128 Views)
This Additional Financing for Second Customs Reform and Trade Facilitation Project is focusing on providing assistance to improve the overall governance
environment of the Afghan Customs Department (ACD) by addressing priorities identified in the Governance and Accountability Action Plan (GAAP) matrix.
The project is associated with the further roll out of specialized functional modules of the Automated System for Customs Data (ASYCUDA) to the remaining Customs
stations, automation of management functions, installation of executive management systems, set up of trans border data exchange systems and the construction
of essential physical infrastructure and equipment for the Afghan Customs Department (ACD).
To address some of the priority governance concerns, the project is providing assistance to improve the regulatory framework through a comprehensive legislative
review and setting up mechanisms of government level coordination for legislative reforms, developing a compliance and enforcement capacity for ACD, and
assisting with revising and then monitoring progress on the Customs Five Year Plan. The project will also assist the government in improving coordination and
clarifying roles and responsibilities of various agencies present at the border and continue to improve donor coordination within the framework of the Informal Customs Network (ICN).
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Specialist but overall guidance of the Project General Manager, the Procurement Officer is responsible for effectively and proactively managing the procurement of SCRTFP, ensuring compliance and adherence to ACD/World Bank Rules and procedures and shall perform the following duties and responsibilities
|Date Posted:||13 Feb 2018||Reference:||ACD/SCRTFP/2018-006|
|Closing Date:||19 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 4 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Procurement Specialist in project activities and also responsible for the preparation of the TORs and all bidding documents, in collaboration with the Technical Unit.
• Actively assist planning section in the development and regular update of project’s procurement plan and assist in the process for obtaining approval from donors and other relevant authorities.
• Prepare responses to donor and other key stakeholder’s queries in relation to bidding documents including preparation of Tender Documents, Bid Evaluation reports, and Contract Award documents.
• Organize and coordinate pre-bid meetings, informing bidders of procurement rules and procedures and responding to any queries from bidders.
• Host the bid opening and as a Member of the Bid Evaluation Committee play an integral role in the short-listing of bidders.
• Responsible for obtaining technical clarification from bidders, when required and when permitted by donor’s rules and procedures.
• Coordinate the process to obtain approval from the World Bank or other donors for the recommendation.
• Upon approval, coordinate with the selected bidder to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid Security, contract award notice and that contract documents are distributed accordingly.
• Responsible for managing the administrative process throughout the duration of the preparation of the all documentation until the award of the contract
• Ensure all completed Procurement Documents are archived efficiently and effectively.
• Manage and supervise the Procurement Assistant
• Perform any other related duties as requested by Senior Management.
b. Monitoring and Progress Control:
• All procurement activities are conducted according to Government/World Bank rules and procedures and are completed in a timely manner.
• Timely input to planning section that procurement plan is updated regularly, and contracts for sub-projects are awarded in a timely manner.
• Effective coordination with other units to ensure procurement unit functions is completed effectively.
• Effective management of procurement
• Bidding Documents and processes are completed according to Donor rules and procedures
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Excellent working knowledge of English, both written and verbal. Fluent, both written and verbally, in Dari/Pashto.
• Good working knowledge of MS Office application (Word, Excel), email and able to easily navigate internet.
• Knowledge of Government/World Bank rules and procedures would be a distinct advantage.
• Be able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
• Is a team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty
• Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
• Is a self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
• Be able to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Management, and Finance, Procurement, Logistics Management, IT or another relevant field is essential.
• Diploma or certificate in procurement related courses will be given due weightage.
b. Work Experience:
• At least 4 years of progressively responsible work experience in procurement, logistics, administration or operations. At least 2 years must be in procurement.
• Previous experience in a supervisory or management position is desirable.
• Knowledge of World Bank Procurement Guidelines and Procedures is an advantage
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Qualified candidates may submit their applications including an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and must indicate the vacancy number and post title in the subject line of their submission while applying for this position through e-mail.
Applications with no vacancy number and post title on the subject line will not be considered as genuine submission.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for written test/Interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Head of Procurement at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||02 Oct 2018|
|Procurement Specialist at Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Repu..||Kabul||10 Oct 2018|
|Re - Procurement/Legal Advisor at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Kabul C..||Kabul||28 Sep 2018|
|Young Professional Consultant at SNaPP2-MAIL||Kabul||25 Sep 2018|
|Procurement Specialist at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Reform and Capa..||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|