Procurement Specialist(966 Views)
This Additional Financing for Second Customs Reform and Trade Facilitation Project is focusing on providing assistance to improve the overall governance environment of the Afghan Customs Department (ACD) by addressing priorities identified in the Governance and Accountability Action Plan (GAAP) matrix. The project is associated with the further roll out of specialized functional modules of the Automated System for Customs Data (ASYCUDA) to the remaining Customs stations, automation of management functions, installation of executive management systems, set up of trans border data exchange systems and the construction of essential physical infrastructure and equipment for the Afghan Customs Department (ACD).
To address some of the priority governance concerns, the project is providing assistance to improve the regulatory framework through a comprehensive legislative review and setting up mechanisms of government level coordination for legislative reforms, developing a compliance and enforcement capacity for ACD, and assisting with revising and then monitoring progress on the Customs Five Year Plan. The project will also assist the government in improving coordination and clarifying roles and responsibilities of various agencies present at the border and continue to improve donor coordination within the framework of the Informal Customs Network (ICN).
The Procurement Specialist will be supervised by the Senior Procurement Specialist and will report directly to the Senior Procurement Specialist, the Procurement Specialist is expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities
|Date Posted:||13 Feb 2018||Reference:||ACD/SCRTFP/2018-007|
|Closing Date:||19 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 4 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
a. Duties and Responsibilities:
• Full compliance of the project procurement activities with Government of Afghanistan rules, regulations policies and strategies; elaboration of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
• Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies.
• Timely and proper preparation of procurement plans for the project, establishment of the deadlines and monitoring of their implementation.
• Establishment and implementation of proper monitoring system and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt and evaluation of quotations, bids or proposals, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with World Bank and Government of Afghanistan’s rules and regulation as applicable.
• Preparation of Bid Evaluation Reports (BERs) for works and goods, and Consultants evaluation reports for services.
• Preparation of submissions to the Procurement Committees as and when required.
• Preparation of submissions to the Government’s National Procurement Authority as and when required.
• Provide procurement support during project preparation; and project implementation (including prior and post reviews of all procurement documents and decisions) for the project;
• Assist in procurement capacity building activities including support and the procurement process;
• Design and conduct workshops to educate national procurement staff of the project (on Government and World Bank procurement guidelines, procedures/ regulations and approach to procurement as well as on specialized procurement topics;
• Provide advice to end users to improve quality of requests; issue invitations to bid, request for quotations, and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), as appropriate; evaluate offers for compliance with requirements in ITB/RFP;
• Prepare a range of procurement-related forms, documents (short-lists, Purchase Orders/Service Contract and Amendments, etc) and reports ensuring that all specifications, terms and conditions are according to the Government and World Bank standards; and provide guidance and training to junior procurement staff;
• Maintain effective liaison with contractors/suppliers to ensure timely delivery. Liaise with end users, contractors and suppliers on quality deficiencies and on appropriateness of goods;
• Evaluate contractors’/ suppliers’ claims pertaining to outstanding contracts/procurement actions; subsequent endorsement of invoices in accordance with Government of Afghanistan’s Financial Rules and procedures;
• Work on procurement matters in specific sectors with project and ACD staff in the performance of Government of Afghanistan’s and World Bank procurement policies, guidelines and regulations, seeking guidance on complex issues from senior procurement staff.
• Work across project, responsible for reviewing and handling of the technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement (with necessary consultations) at all stages of the project cycle.
• Provide operational advice to project and ACD staff on concepts, policies and procedures for international and local procurement.
• Asses procurement implications of project, evaluate institutional capacity of project and develop suitable procurement plans in coordination with the Project General Manager;
• Negotiate and resolve difficult procurement issues with project and ACD and handle questions/complaints from senior officials and contractors on bidding and award issues in project;
• Assist in development of specifications based on end user requirements and prepare shortlists based on investigation of markets as well as policy considerations to the project;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
b. Monitoring and Progress Control:
• Observations made by donor and client auditors on project procurement activities in compliance with procurements rules and procedures
• Timeliness of achievement of procurement plan activities
• Timeliness of preparing and updating the procurement plan
• Timeliness of preparing and communicating quarterly procurement report
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Demonstrated ability to lead and train national staff in procurement and contract management activities on the job
• Ability to work independently and under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Combined knowledge of Government and World Bank procurement and financial rules, regulations, policies, procedures and practices.
• Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan.
• Ability and willingness to work and travel in difficult conditions.
• Integrity and professionalism in performing routine and core functions
• Values equality with respect to gender, race, nationality and culture
• Ability to apply sound judgment and decision in accordance to established SOPs and rules and procedures
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Procurement, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics and Civil Engineering or related field
b. Work Experience and Computer Skills
• Minimum 5 years of experience in administering and managing procurement processes and procedures.
• At least 2 years’ relevant experience with the Government, and other WB-funded projects related to civil works implementation is required.
• Proven capacity-building skills; training and mentoring national counterparts
• Financial management experience with World Bank funded projects
• Knowledge of project implementation procedures and Government’s Financial Rules and procedures an advantage
• Ability to lead and train on the job national staff in procurement and contract management activities.
• Excellent Knowledge of both oral and written local languages (Dari and Pashto) and English required
• Excellent knowledge of MS office applications and important computer programs are required
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Qualified candidates may submit their applications including an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and must indicate the vacancy number and post title (Procurement Specialist-ACD/SCRTFP/2018-007) in the subject line of their submission while applying for this position through e-mail.
Applications with no vacancy number and post title on the subject line will not be considered as genuine submission.
Note: Only those who meet the minimum requirement would be invited for written test/Interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Re - Procurement/Legal Advisor at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Kabul C..||Kabul||28 Sep 2018|
|Young Professional Consultant at SNaPP2-MAIL||Kabul||25 Sep 2018|
|3rd Re-announce: Senior Procurement Specialis.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||22 Sep 2018|
|Procurement Specialist at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Reform and Capa..||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|