IT Specialist(1889 Views)
About ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project
Building on the Agriculture Master Plan, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoA) in collaboration with its development partners has defined a number of appropriate priorities for agricultural investments and policies under the National Agricultural Development Framework (NADF). In order to increase farmers' incomes and improve the food security situation, the GoA is giving foremost attention to strengthening of the agricultural production base. In this respect the government has asked the World Bank for assistance in strengthening agricultural input supply Systems. Specifically, the GoA has requested the World Bank for assistance in the preparation of the Agricultural Inputs Project (AAIP) that will consist of the following four components: (i) Improve seed production and certification; (ii) Establish infrastructure and policies regarding quality control and safe use of fertilizers and agrochemicals; (iii) Improve input delivery systems; and (iv) Establish efficient project management, implementation and coordination mechanisms.
The development objective of AAIP project is to increase adoption of improved crop production technologies through expanding development of certified seeds and improving access to agricultural inputs of reliable quality.
The IT Specialist will have overall responsibility of the information technology management of the Project and will report to the Project Director AAIP. His/her specific responsibly in the fields of IT will be as follows
|Date Posted:||13 Feb 2018||Reference:||042/AAIP/MAIL|
|Closing Date:||26 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Overall responsibility for the information technology management of the Project.
• Implement secure and robust wireless network.
• Implement Server 2012 with all its features.
• Secure network by using SmoothWall Express, ISA Server or TMG.
• Check the ongoing progress of the AAIP network infrastructure installation & make sure it meets the required standards.
• Local network maintenance and installation including cabling, switches/hubs and NIC configuration TCP/IP, windows network and domain services.
• WAN connectivity and maintenance.
• Installation and maintenance of shared printers and shared drives.
• Server and server application maintenance and installation (Hardware integration, Windows server installation and maintenance, LAN and WAN connectivity & Antivirus Protection for both server and client environment)
• Manage, control, and secure server and slients windows.
• Fluency with Electronic Attendance machine, register staff into machine, generate monthly timesheet.
• Download and Upload data into E-Attendance machine, generate weekly, monthly attendance report.
• Make suggestions for network hardware and software system improvements.
• Provide assistance in procurement in evaluation of all IT technical equipment.
• Solve any hardware and software problem of staff.
• Prepare a monthly progress report on all tasks as assigned to him
• Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Practical knowledge of LAN, VAN connectivity and Hardware Maintenance.
• Knowledge of Data backup and recovery.
• Excellent command of English Language as well as Pashtu and Dari.
• Excellent knowledge of Cisco, Microsoft and other networking systems.
• Readiness to manage the AAIP network infrastructure with ability to perform at higher levels of difficulty and complexity.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to establish priorities and plan, coordinate and monitor own work.
• Able to work long hours when and if required.
• Bachelor degree in IT or Computer Science, master degree will be preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years experience in ICT network infrastructure design, management and supervision.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
Send update CV and Cover letter to AAIP, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, Jamal Mena, Kabul Afghanistan Or send us your CVs in soft to below e-mail:
Do not attach recommendation and Education documents; these will be required only in interview stage.
*Note: No resume will be taken under consideration without cover letter, the position title, vacancy number in the subject line of the email.
*Only selected candidates will be called for interview. All applications will be checked and validated against the above mentioned requirements. Any un-matching C.V will be automatically rejected.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
|More jobs in this category|
|Business Support Assistant (IT) at United Nations-World Food Programme (U..||Kabul||30 Aug 2018|
|ICT Officer at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||31 Aug 2018|
|Web Content Officer at Nai-Supporting Open Media in Afghanistan||Kabul||01 Sep 2018|
|Web Developer at Nai-Supporting Open Media in Afghanistan||Kabul||01 Sep 2018|
|Re-announced - Deputy IT Manager at Tetra Tech||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|Web Developer at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|IT Technician at Giganor ISP||Kabul||28 Aug 2018|
|مدیر عمومی تکنالوژی معلو.. at Afghanistan Urban Wate..||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|
|Network Administrator – Part-time at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||25 Aug 2018|
|Database Officer at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||17 Aug 2018|
|Infrastructure Administrator at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||17 Aug 2018|
|Officer Network at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Aug 2018|
|Senior Officer Network at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Aug 2018|
|IT Manager at Venco Imtiaz Construction Company||Kabul||22 Aug 2018|