IT Specialist(2206 Views)
About ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project
Building on the Agriculture Master Plan, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoA) in collaboration with its development partners has defined a number of appropriate priorities for agricultural investments and policies under the National Agricultural Development Framework (NADF). In order to increase farmers' incomes and improve the food security situation, the GoA is giving foremost attention to strengthening of the agricultural production base. In this respect the government has asked the World Bank for assistance in strengthening agricultural input supply Systems. Specifically, the GoA has requested the World Bank for assistance in the preparation of the Agricultural Inputs Project (AAIP) that will consist of the following four components: (i) Improve seed production and certification; (ii) Establish infrastructure and policies regarding quality control and safe use of fertilizers and agrochemicals; (iii) Improve input delivery systems; and (iv) Establish efficient project management, implementation and coordination mechanisms.
The development objective of AAIP project is to increase adoption of improved crop production technologies through expanding development of certified seeds and improving access to agricultural inputs of reliable quality.
The IT Specialist will have overall responsibility of the information technology management of the Project and will report to the Project Director AAIP. His/her specific responsibly in the fields of IT will be as follows
|Date Posted:||13 Feb 2018||Reference:||042/AAIP/MAIL|
|Closing Date:||26 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Overall responsibility for the information technology management of the Project.
• Implement secure and robust wireless network.
• Implement Server 2012 with all its features.
• Secure network by using SmoothWall Express, ISA Server or TMG.
• Check the ongoing progress of the AAIP network infrastructure installation & make sure it meets the required standards.
• Local network maintenance and installation including cabling, switches/hubs and NIC configuration TCP/IP, windows network and domain services.
• WAN connectivity and maintenance.
• Installation and maintenance of shared printers and shared drives.
• Server and server application maintenance and installation (Hardware integration, Windows server installation and maintenance, LAN and WAN connectivity & Antivirus Protection for both server and client environment)
• Manage, control, and secure server and slients windows.
• Fluency with Electronic Attendance machine, register staff into machine, generate monthly timesheet.
• Download and Upload data into E-Attendance machine, generate weekly, monthly attendance report.
• Make suggestions for network hardware and software system improvements.
• Provide assistance in procurement in evaluation of all IT technical equipment.
• Solve any hardware and software problem of staff.
• Prepare a monthly progress report on all tasks as assigned to him
• Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Practical knowledge of LAN, VAN connectivity and Hardware Maintenance.
• Knowledge of Data backup and recovery.
• Excellent command of English Language as well as Pashtu and Dari.
• Excellent knowledge of Cisco, Microsoft and other networking systems.
• Readiness to manage the AAIP network infrastructure with ability to perform at higher levels of difficulty and complexity.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to establish priorities and plan, coordinate and monitor own work.
• Able to work long hours when and if required.
• Bachelor degree in IT or Computer Science, master degree will be preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years experience in ICT network infrastructure design, management and supervision.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT
Send update CV and Cover letter to AAIP, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, Jamal Mena, Kabul Afghanistan Or send us your CVs in soft to below e-mail:
Do not attach recommendation and Education documents; these will be required only in interview stage.
*Note: No resume will be taken under consideration without cover letter, the position title, vacancy number in the subject line of the email.
*Only selected candidates will be called for interview. All applications will be checked and validated against the above mentioned requirements. Any un-matching C.V will be automatically rejected.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
|More jobs in this category|
|HRH Systems Analyst at Futures Group Global Outreach||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|
|انجینر میکروویف at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|System Analyst at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|تکنیشن نتورک(ٔNetwork Technician .. at Ministry of communicat..||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|Network Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|Sr. Microwave Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|Liaison Officer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|Sr. Network Security Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|مسؤل واحد تخنیکی at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|Database Developer and Programmer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|IT Supervisor at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|مدیر تکنالوژی معلوماتی - .. at DABS||Badakhshan||23 Jan 2019|
|IT Admin at DK - German Medical Diagnostic Center Ltd.||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|