Senior Renewable Energy Engineer(1181 Views)
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA), through its 2006 Afghanistan National Development Strategy (ANDS), set out ambitious three to five year goals for increasing access to electricity. The aim was for electricity supply to reach at least 65 percent of households and 90 percent of non-residential establishments in major urban areas and at least 25 percent of households in rural areas. This would have represented a considerable increase over the rate of electrification – which had last been reliably estimated at six percent nationwide in 2003. More recent estimates suggest that some 25-30 percent of households have access to grid electricity. There appears to be no reliable estimate for the number of people with access to off-grid electricity although there is some 134MW of small hydro, diesel generators and solar power installed.
Responsibility for management and operation of the electricity system rests with Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS), the national electricity utility. Until 2009, DABS was a department of the Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW). DABS’s corporatization has been accompanied by a strong program of commercialization supported by the World Bank and more recently by USAID. DABS is responsible for the installed domestic generation capacity, including about 230MW of hydropower and with it Naghlu Hydropower Plant, although only about 138MW is currently in service. MEW still retains a role in investment planning and project management and is the main counterpart for three existing World Bank supported projects.
In mid-2015 there were 12 hydropower plants in Afghanistan, not counting the over 5,000 off-grid NSP hydropower plants. The two largest among those are Naghlu Hydropower Plant at 100 MW installed capacity and Mahipar Hydropower Plant at 66 MW installed capacity. A new 42 MW hydro at Salma in Herat province was opened in June 2016, and work continues on developing an additional 18 MW of capacity at the Kajaki Hydropower Plant in the south of the country. There are 9 thermal plants connected to the grid, with a total rated capacity of approximately 209 MW. Another 8 small plants with an aggregate capacity of 12 MW operate off grid. All of the thermal capacity is diesel fired. The power generation mix is run to minimize costs by favoring cheap power from abroad and the use of domestic hydropower over thermal and diesel power plants. The government plans to continue increasing import capacity through projects set out in the National Energy Supply Program (NESP).
DABS World Bank PIU intends to hire a Senior Renewable Energy Engineer to support the implementation work of Herat Electrification Project.
|Date Posted:||14 Feb 2018||Reference:||VA-DABS-HQs/96-0279|
|Closing Date:||28 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Electrical Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The following tasks to be undertaken by the Senior Renewable Energy Engineer:
These duties shall comprise (but not necessarily be limited to) the following:
• Assist PIU on data collection and site survey for identification of suitable site for mini-grid solar power projects
• Assist PIU on preparation of detailed feasibility studies including technical specification, implementation schedule, BoQ and cost estimation
• Oversight on implementation of mini grid solar PV project to ensure the work performance is according to the acceptable standards.
• Perform site-specific engineering analysis or evaluation of energy efficiency and solar projects involving residential, commercial, or industrial customers.
• Having knowledge of IS & specifications needed for the designing and execution of solar projects.
• Review bill of quantities (BOQs) and cost estimates, prepare a list of materials, equipment, and works necessary to implement the project.
• Coordinate with project manager, site engineers and other experts on project
implementation schedule and contract management arrangements.
• Prepare and review engineering designs and technical specification in accordance with relevant technical standards.
• Prepare detailed project implementation schedules showing anticipated
progress of works and expenditures for each contract.
• Supervise and monitor construction, installation, testing and commission of all equipment’s.
• Ensure that inspection and monitoring are carried out in accordance with the recommendations of plans and all works associated with the project are carried out in full compliance with the designs and specifications.
• Review payment claims submitted by the Contractors.
• Preparation of reports and assessments, such as site visits, materials’ testing observations, meeting minutes.
• Holding site meetings with contractor for smooth monitoring of progress.
• Full coordination with Herat DABS and update them of progress as required.
• Proper reporting system to PM of Herat Project at DABS HQ.
• Any other assignment instructed by PD and PM.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Good English language skills are required.
• Good computer skills (Ms. Office, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Project).
The candidates must have the following qualifications:
• Must have a degree in Electrical engineer with 5 years of related experience (Renewable Energy related experience is preferred), Master’s degree is a privilege.
• Competent in reading and understanding Specifications, drawings, and reviewing of design and all other disciplines related Project and engineering documentation.
• Work experience with International donors such as World Bank, USAID, and ADB is preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Electrical Engineering
It is your responsibility to verify that information entered in your Resume / CV that are uploaded are received and are accurate. Documents must be uploaded as the correct document type Word Format) or they will not be considered. Example: Resume must be submitted as a Resume. Recruitment Team will not modify, change or contact you regarding the completeness or accuracy of your application. If a document is not legible, you will not be able to attend the interview and you must again upload it by the close date.
NOTE: DO NOT upload performance appraisals, letters of recommendations, miscellaneous certificates, training plans or position descriptions. These documents will not be used qualify you.
Resume / CV: A Resume / CV in English is required. It must contain your full legal name, address, phone number, a detailed description of your law enforcement duties and the dates you performed those duties (DD/MM/YY). Upload as 'Resume' / ‘CV’
|More jobs in this category|
|Electrical Engineer at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Electrical Design Engineer at Technologists Inc. (Ti)||Kabul||25 Jul 2018|
|برقی at DABS||Wardak||27 Jul 2018|
|میتر خوان at DABS||Wardak||27 Jul 2018|
|Senior Electrical Engineer, Distribution at DABS||Kapisa||20 Jul 2018|
|Electrical Design Engineer at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Electrical Engineer at GTR Group||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Electrical Technician (Electrician) at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|(کارمند کنترول کیفیت (انج.. at DABS||Kabul||19 Jul 2018|
|Senior Electrical Engineer (Designer for subs.. at DABS||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|
|Senior Electrical Engineer (Designer for Tran.. at DABS||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|