TRANSLATOR FSN-08(3136 Views)
About U.S. Embassy
U.S. Embassy Kabul Afghanistan
|Date Posted:||15 Feb 2018||Reference:||18-013|
|Closing Date:||21 Feb 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Translates from Dari and Pashto into English and vice versa. Interprets during interviews and meetings between SIGAR Special Agent and witnesses, GIRoA officials, military members and Embassy official. Translates documents and other written products on a regular basis.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Incumbent should have the ability to act as an interpreter during meetings and have a familiarity with legal and technical terms and vocabulary. In addition, incumbent should be familiar with Microsoft suite products including word, excel and power point.
Full Performance Level:
1. EDUCATION: Completion of two years Colleges is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Two years experiences in translating documents and interpreting with Western Embassies, UN Organizations or International NGOs is required.
3. LANGUAGE: Level 4 (Professional Translator) in English and Level 4 (Fluent) in Pashto and Dari is required.
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Incumbent should have the ability to act as an interpreter during meetings and have a familiarity with legal and technical terms and vocabulary. In addition, incumbent should be familiar with Microsoft suite products including word, excel and power point.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: In addition to the required languages, the incumbent must familiarize themselves with various non – technical subjects, forms of correspondence and other U.S. Government documents.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. high school certificate, transcripts, bachelor degree etc.), if you do not attach the stamped and signed copy of your educational documents your application will not be considered for this position.
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office, U.S. Embassy Kabul
Subject line must be: TRANSLATOR VA 18-013 or your application may not be considered.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Applications should be submitted through e-mail to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance and Admin Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Translator at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||21 Jul 2018|
|Internship at Albashir Group of Companies||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|سه پست مختلف برای طبقه ان.. at House||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|