Store Keeper(1227 Views)
Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2) is a development project of MAIL funded IFAD with the goal to improve food security and economic status of poor rural households in three provinces; Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar. The project will reach at least 57,000 households consisting of 427,500 people in these provinces.
The project has two specific objectives: (i) institutional development and capacity building of community organizations, public extension services and relevant private sector entities in the provinces; and (ii) sustained increased incomes of small farmers and herders fostered by improvements in productivity and output, infrastructure and market linkages. These objectives will be addressed through supporting institutions and services, fostering increased productivity and production, and where feasible, upgrading profitable agriculture/livestock value chains.
General Directorate of extension is the main stakeholders of the program and will lead the implementation of tow sub components 1. Extension services and 2. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building. G.D of extension will establish program management unit under overall supervision of G.D general director who will be responsible for the implementation of the relate activities in three provinces.
Extension sub components will strengthen the extension directorate by: (i) establishing a women’s extension department in Kabul and a cadre of 12 female extension workers specializing in agriculture and livestock, in line with the Taksheel, across the six pilot districts; (ii) strengthening the male extension worker cadre at district level in agriculture and livestock; (iii) targeting young graduates from local agricultural faculties to be recruited as extension assistants, under the Taksheel, funded by the project in years 1-3 and by MAIL thereafter; and, (iv) adapting the curriculum, in collaboration with relevant MAIL directorates, using updated techniques.
Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building will strengthen the female CDCs through an orientation and training program guaranteeing female CDCs’ direct control over financial resources, over some elements of project implementation and over female beneficiary selection.
The Store Keeper will work under the direct supervision of the Administration unit head. The incumbent will primarily be responsible for successful implementation of Store Keeper component of IFAD funded projects. Specific tasks of the position include.
|Date Posted:||03 Mar 2018||Reference:||12344/MAIL/SNaPP-2|
|Closing Date:||17 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stockroom.
• Receive, unload, and shelve supplies.
• Perform other stock-related duties, including returning, packing, pricing, and labeling supplies.
• Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies and report those to accounting for reimbursements and record keeping.
• Rotate stock and coordinate the disposal of surpluses.
• Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control.
• Coordinate the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and necessary minor repairs
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Knowledge of proper book keeping and inventory management
• Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
• Analytical mind with ability to make accurate mathematical computations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management
• Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
• Ability to safely and legally operate a forklift
• Skills to operate common office equipment
• Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years of experience in storekeeping, inventory control, or recordkeeping
Afghanistan - Kabul
High School, Administrative
• The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a cover letter
• Put “(Store Keeper -12344/MAIL/SNaPP-2)” in the subject line otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Candidate’s educational degree must be attested by Ministry of Higher Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test or interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Young Professional Consultant (YPC) at CLAP-MAIL||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Driver at Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)||Kabul||24 Mar 2018|
|Travel Assistant FSN-07 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||25 Mar 2018|
|Regional Admin/finance clerk - Herat at NEI (Nutrition and Education Inte..||Herat||31 Mar 2018|
|Regional Manager at CYEEO||Multi Cities||25 Mar 2018|
|Admin/Finance at Sky Carvan Travel||Kabul||01 Apr 2018|
|Deliverables Specialist/Administrative Assist.. at Afghanistan Holding Gr..||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|