Re- announced Social Mobilizer(2486 Views)
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) launches a new project called Community, Livestock and Agriculture Project (CLAP). The project is funded by International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD). The overall goal of the project is to contribute to reducing poverty in rural Afghanistan. More specifically, the project objective is to improve food security of 169,500 rural households in selected districts in the provinces of Kabul, Parwan, and Logar by increasing agriculture and livestock productivity. This will be achieved by enhancing productive assets, skills, services, technologies, and income opportunities of the targeted beneficiaries (i.e. by introducing appropriate livestock and agriculture technology options, strengthening local capacity, and strengthening some weak areas of value-chain, including linkages with markets). The project also aims at reducing gender disparities by increasing the social and economic status of women engaged in these activities.
Under the direct supervision of the irrigation project coordinator and guidance of the director of the irrigation directorate and in close coordination with the CLAP infrastructure specialist, the Social Mobilizer will be responsible for mobilizing farming community of each selected irrigation scheme and establishment of Irrigation Association (IA), and development of Irrigation Roaster (IR). He/she should properly understand the existing water distribution and management arrangements and document it. The incumbent will be based in one of the target provinces (Kabul, Logar and Parwan), and will report to the irrigation project coordinator based in irrigation directorate of MAIL.
|Date Posted:||03 Mar 2018||Reference:||12346/MAIL/CLAP|
|Closing Date:||17 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Contact Mirab of the respective irrigation scheme, and arrange introductory and Rapport Building Meetings with farmers
• Preparation of list of shareholders (farmers) and collection of Socio Economic data.
• Walk-thru survey along the existing watercourse/irrigation scheme in the presence of Mirab, and other community elders to document scheme related specific data, and report any issue that could probably prevent the rehabilitation work at any stage of the project
• Assist in holding of elections for electing executive body of the IAs, collect membership fee and open a bank account for the association
• To convince communities to clearly outline role and contribution of the project and IA
• To register IAs with the ID/ MAIL formally as per the approved IA's by-laws
• To identify potential leaders and/or organizers, and encourage them for cleaning of the canal
• To motivate and encourage potential leaders to talk to their fellow community members about unity and self-reliance.
• To initiate actions aimed at breaking down passivity, apathy and attitudes of letting others do things for them.
• To raise awareness that community members themselves can move each community out of poverty, and to show them ways they can do this for themselves.
• To educate the community elders about project objectives and ensuring them that they are working for their benefits and wellbeing.
• To assist community members to identify needs and to generate solutions, identifying priority issues and to analyze their problems.
• To develop trust, tolerance and co-operation among community members.
• To assist the community in obtaining available outside resources, warning of the negative effects of becoming too dependent upon outside resources.
• To encourage and stimulate full participation by all community members; with special attention to those who are usually forgotten, marginalized and overlooked in community decision making.
• To perform any other task assigned by the irrigation project coordinator
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability to read, write and speak in local languages.
• Previous mobilization experience or training.
• Skills, training and/or experience in management, social animation, and/or extension, social research, adult education, acting, journalism.
• Skills of using personal computer and internet.
• Candidates should have Bachelor in Social Science / Agriculture or relevant field
• At least have 4 years relevant experience
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a covering letter as follow conditions:
• Kindly send us your Attested Educational Documents by the Ministry of Higher Education.
• Please send your CV along with a cover letter electronically to
• Subject line must be: (Social Mobilizer-12346/MAIL/CLAP) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Candidate’s educational degree must be attested with Ministry of Higher Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Soil Water Management Specialist at MAIL/CPMO/LKIS||Multi Cities||30 May 2018|
|Communication Officer at MAIL/CPMO||Kabul||28 May 2018|
|FOOD SECURITY AND LIVELIHOODS DEPUTY HEAD OF .. at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||26 May 2018|
|Environment and Social Management Officer at Trans-Hindukush Road Connect..||Kabul||23 May 2018|
|Livestock Extension Officer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||22 May 2018|
|Agriculture Extension Officer at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||22 May 2018|
|Provincial Agriculture & Rural Development Ad.. at Colombo Plan||Nangarhar||31 May 2018|
|Extension officer at Boustan-e-Sabz Agricultural Services Company||Kabul||22 May 2018|