Re-announced Field Engineer(2280 Views)
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) launches a new project called Community, Livestock and Agriculture Project (CLAP). The project is funded by International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD). The overall goal of the project is to contribute to reducing poverty in rural Afghanistan. More specifically, the project objective is to improve food security of 169,500 rural households in selected districts in the provinces of Kabul, Parwan, and Logar by increasing agriculture and livestock productivity. This will be achieved by enhancing productive assets, skills, services, technologies, and income opportunities of the targeted beneficiaries (i.e. by introducing appropriate livestock and agriculture technology options, strengthening local capacity, and strengthening some weak areas of value-chain, including linkages with markets). The project also aims at reducing gender disparities by increasing the social and economic status of women engaged in these activities.
Under the direct supervision of the irrigation project coordinator and guidance of the director of the irrigation directorate and in close coordination with the CLAP infrastructure specialist, the Field Engineer will be based in one of the target provinces (Kabul, Logar and Parwan) and will be focal point between contactors/service providers and irrigation directorate during construction phase. He/she will be responsible offollowings tasks but not limited to:
|Date Posted:||03 Mar 2018||Reference:||12345/MAIL/CLAP|
|Closing Date:||17 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conductsregularproject visits in Kabul, Logar and Parwan provinces to ensure that the work quality and progress is satisfactory and as per the irrigation department'sstandard, technical specifications and schedule of the sub project respectively;
• He/She should be fully aware of MAIL and IFAD contractual procedures
• Spot checking and guiding contractors on the requirements of the contract and on technical specifications to make sure the civil works are completed according the engineering standards;
• Reviews material submitted by contractors for compliance with the BOQ and specifications
• Checks compliance of QC requirements as per approved QC plan of the sub-project;
• Ensures that all tests are performed at the site for the various water course lining technology of schemesand the test results are well documented on daily basis;
• Responsible for quality of used materials in the construction work, and the workmanship;
• Ensure timely completion of projects as scheduled originally (as per the work plan);
• Responsible for controlling of quantity of the work completed according to the agreed-upon schedule
• To make sure the contractors have made enough provisions for allowing flow of canal water for irrigation, and build temporary pedestrian path or establish alternate road;
• Submits weekly, monthly and project completion report of work progress to project Manager also keep the sub-project issues log updated;;
• Ensure that the contractor provide labors the required safety equipment at the construction site as well as the contractor strictly following the prepared Environmental and Social Safeguard Management Plan;
• Responsible for validation and certification of payments to contractors.
• Responsible for solving technical problems during construction, in close coordination with regional manager;
• Facilitates site-meetings when necessary;
• Should have a close communication with IA, community, CDCs and contractor;
• Responsible of coordination and communication with DAIL offices.
• Maintains all documentation, work schedules and correspondence between PIU and Contractor;
• Ensures that Variation Order (VO) and/or Change Orders are issued in a timely manner;
• Ensures that construction schedules are regularly monitored;
• Ensure that time extension are issued before the contractual completion dates
• Keeps separate file for each contract from issuance of NIB to final payment;
• Maintains a database of geo-referenced photographs of work progress from start to completion;
• Maintains all quality control reports for each contract including OK cards;
• Maintains physical and financial progress of each contract;
• Prepares an inventory of Contractor;
• Assists in preparing and submitting in a timely manner all required performance reports to CLAP and ID
• Consults and reviews technical proposals according to the donors requests
• Processes documents for travel and per diem by experts monitoring irrigation systems
• Performs all other relevant project activities assigned by the Irrigation Project Coordinator
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Required Key Skills
• Good Command of Auto CAD, MS Project and other Engineering Softwares.
• Minimum 4 years of work experience in site engineering /quality control/ field supervisor is required;
• Must be efficient in completion of the assigned tasks on time on the office/sits;
• Good capability to read write and speak English, organization skills, desire to learn, and basic computer literacy; and
• Must have good report writing skills.
Required Key Competencies
• Good knowledge of QCtools, techniques, practices and procedures;
• Good knowledge of building materials and construction process;
• Have good analytical, writing, and communication skills
• Discretion and sound judgment in applying technical expertise to resolve day-to-day technical and QC issues;
• Fully proficient in computer software, particularly in spreadsheet, database and Internet applications;
• Must always be willing to go and stay on the construction sites
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
The candidate must have at least BSc incivil engineering or irrigation engineering or construction engineering from a recognized university and should have general understanding of (construction of canals, lining technologies, water control gates, flow measurement structures, siphons, culverts, construction of flood control levees etc.), quality control and safety.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a covering letter as follow conditions:
• Kindly send us your Attested Educational Documents by the Ministry of Higher Education.
• Please send your CV along with a cover letter electronically to
• Subject line must be: (Field Engineer-12345/MAIL/CLAP) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Candidate’s educational degree must be attested with Ministry of Higher Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Consultant Site Engineering Services (Monitor.. at Sayed Majidi Architect..||Kabul||01 Jul 2018|
|Oil & Gas Chemical Engineer at Bayat Group||Jawzjan||21 Jun 2018|
|LEAD ENGINEER ASSISTANT at Global Technology||Kabul||03 Jul 2018|
|Radio Engineer SME at MOIA||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|National QC Specialist for QC Department of P.. at Ministery of Energy an..||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|National Contract Management Specialist for P.. at Ministery of Energy an..||Herat||02 Jul 2018|
|Construction Supervisor for PCU Kabul Region .. at Ministery of Energy an..||Daikondi||02 Jul 2018|
|Internship at DABS||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Senior Resident Engineer at Trans-Hindukush Road Connectivity Project (TH..||Multi Cities||25 Jun 2018|
|Site Engineer at Afghanaid||Samangan||21 Jun 2018|
|Auto CAD Engineer (Structures) at Aziz Group||Badakhshan||23 Jun 2018|
|Topographic Survey Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Topographic survey assistant at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Social and Resettlement Support Staff at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Irrigation Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Hydro-Mechanical Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Hydrologist at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Geotechnical Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Estimator Senior at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Estimator Junior at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Environmental Support Staff at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Electro-Mechanical / Instrumentation Engineer at Imrani Energy Constructi..||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Design Engineer Hydro-Mechanical at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Design Engineer Electro-Mechanical and Instru.. at Imrani Energy Construc..||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Design Engineer Civil at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Civil Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Auto CAD Drafter at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Proposal Writer at Bayat Group||Kabul||21 Jun 2018|