Program Development Advisor for MoMP/ Research & Development Directorate(743 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Program Development Advisor provides technical advice and support to Program
Management Team and provincial and district governments on monitoring and evaluation of program implementations and their outcomes, The Program development Advisor, with support from the R & D team, will be responsible for all monitoring, evaluation and reporting-related activities and requirements of the project. This includes the development of the Project’s R & D framework, the development of a performance monitoring system, overseeing the maintenance of monitoring data collections systems (including developing and maintaining a project data base). He/she will also contribute to the design and assist in managing program assessments and evaluations and promote a culture of evidence-based decision making.
|Date Posted:||04 Mar 2018||Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Program Development Advisor|
|Closing Date:||15 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop policies and policy guidelines with relevant directorates;
2. Review, revise and provide recommendations on policies and policy related documents;
3. Support the directorates in identifying policy issues and guiding them towards acquiring the right skills and expertise for policy development, implementation and review;
4. Coordinate policy development initiatives in the ministry to ensure the minister’s office is kept up-to date
5. Develop and design systems to address specific program goals.
6. Develop organizational and operational plans, grants, contracts and procedures to attain program goals.
7. Prepare and evaluate materials and information to comply with required reports, surveys and analysis.
8. Provide technical support to project staff in organization and partner organizations to strengthen routine immunization.
9. Develop strong monitoring and evaluation system including periodical reports.
10. Develop and maintain strong partnerships with public agencies, donors, project partners and industry counterpart.
11. Support management with administrative and financial monitoring of project.
12. Be responsible for ensuring program reports are submitted to related departments on time.
13. Review project reporting schedules, templates, and requirements, and guide the Program
14. Managers in their fulfillment of these requirements to ministry and donor standards in reporting.
15. Lead the development of short and long range plans for delivery of project services, and provide guidance to the Program Managers in management of immediate and future strategies for effective project impact.
16. Review program monitoring and evaluation systems and record keeping methods that support internal, interagency, and donor reporting. Provide a summary of recommended areas of improvement.
17. Provide feedback and mentoring to Program Managers to help them to develop their project management, team leadership, logistics planning, reporting, and systems capacity.
• organizational and planning skills
• communication skills
• information gathering and monitoring skills
• problem analysis and problem solving skills
• judgment and decision-making ability
• team member
• attention to detail and accuracy
• The candidate must have excellent analytical and drafting skills, ability to listen, be a team player as well as having management and leadership skills.
• University degree in Financial Management, Public Administration, Business Administration Economy or related subject; Master’s preferable.
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in related field.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 15/Mar/ 2018 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/ Program Development Advisor must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Revenue Management Advisor to MoMP at Ministry of Mines and Petrol..||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|Teller for Marzar-e-Sharif at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Balkh||25 Jun 2018|
|TechWomen Afghanistan General Manager at TechNation||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|