Senior Data Demand and Use Officer(783 Views)
About Futures Group Global Outreach
Futures Group Global Outreach is implementing the Health Sector Resiliency Project (HSR), a five year contract funded by USAID. The overall goal of HSR is to support the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) to foster a strengthened, reformed, and increasingly self-reliant Afghan health system prepared for the decreased donor support anticipated over the coming decade. The HSR Project acts as a resource and a catalyst to the MoPH and other GIRoA entities as it considers and implements critical sector-wide reforms that are required to make the system more resilient and sustainable. The project primarily focuses on governance, health finance and human resources for health and engages both the public and private components of the health sector.
The Senior Data Demand and Use Officer will support processes to coordinate efforts to strengthen the quality of the data produced primarily by the health sectors’ routine information system, implement assessments to hone capacity strengthening efforts, improve the efficiency of the national health sector indicator set, and improve information products available to stakeholders. Specifically, the individual selected for this position will train, coach, and mentor MoPH counterparts to implement supportive supervision site visits that include data quality audits on a quarterly basis.
He/She will report to M&E/Knowledge Management Director.
|Date Posted:||04 Mar 2018||Reference:||HSR-18-054|
|Closing Date:||14 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the management of the Data Quality/Data Dissemination and Use Technical Working Group (DQ/DDU TWG), including sending reminders to members, taking minutes, and presenting updates on key activities to the group for feedback.
• Implement a capacity strengthening assessment, based on a protocol developed by the Data Dissemination and Use team that includes: gathering primary data, coordinating with MoPH staff to gather secondary data, synthesizing information, and producing a draft report.
• Contribute to indicator mapping of the national health sector indicator set, including review and synthesis of HMIS, surveillance, vertical programs, and private sector indicators.
• Complete draft indicator protocol sheets for each indicator identified for the national health sector indicator set.
• Coordinate with the DHIS2 team to ensure indicator mapping findings–harmonized indicators, and definitions–are included in the data warehouse and its web-based platform.
• Coordinate the review and synthesis of MoPH guidelines relevant to monitoring and evaluation (M&E), data quality, and DDU.
• Prepare and co-facilitate trainings for MoPH staff to access and use revised guidelines.
• Build capacity of MoPH staff at the national level through training workshops and on-the-job coaching and mentoring to implement supportive supervision and data quality auditing site visits to the provincial level.
• Plan, coordinate and co-facilitate up to four M&E/DDU trainings per project year.
• Contribute to the stakeholders’ information needs assessment led by the DDU team by coordinating meetings, collecting primary data, synthesize primary and secondary data, and drafting sections of the report and information product templates.
• Liaise with all other MoPH departments as may be required to ensure the successful adoption and utilization of the DHIS2 data warehouse.
• Participate in advocacy for collection, processing and reporting of quality data.
• Undertaking other tasks within the scope of the position as directed by supervisor.
• Experience working with health sector, especially, BPHS/EPHS.
• Knowledge of MoPH’s policies and program priorities.
• Understanding of the health sector’s structures.
• Experience working directly for USAID or one of its implementing partners.
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in medical science, public health, epidemiology or statistics.
• 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in health sector development, M&E, HMIS, public health program management, and/or data quality
• Experience with MoPH HMIS is an advantage
• Demonstrated problem solving, effective communication, and advocacy skills.
• Work independently with minimum supervision
• Ability to set priorities and make decisions on a variety of complex matters
• Ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate activities and projects so that quality products are delivered on time.
• Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with teams and partners.
• Highly proficient English language skills.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, M & E
Please state the title of the job and vacancy number in the headline of your e-mail.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted for the interview. Date and location will be determined and communicated with the short listed candidates only.
|More jobs in this category|
|مانیتور پروژه های ساختما.. at Ministry of Women Affa..||Kabul||27 Sep 2018|
|M&E Assistant, FEFAO at Free and Fair Election Forum of Afghanistan organ..||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|
|Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC||Kabul||27 Sep 2018|
|Regional Female M&E Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Multi Cities||25 Sep 2018|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at GTR Group||Kabul||22 Sep 2018|