Senior Advisor of Plan, Policy and M&E for MoMP(827 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Prepare MoMP and annual work plan in line with the strategic documents of the ministry such as NPP, Business Plan, National Minerals Policy, National Hydrocarbons Policy, ASM Formalization Strategy, Anti-Corruption Strategy and more.
|Date Posted:||05 Mar 2018||Reference:||MoMP/PSU- Senior Advisor of Plan, Policy and M&E|
|Closing Date:||15 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review and analyze MoMP policies, National Priority Program, Business Plan (NPP) and strategies,
• Prepare MoMP and annual work plan in line with the strategic documents of the ministry such as NPP, Business Plan, National Minerals Policy, National Hydrocarbons Policy, ASM Formalization Strategy, Anti-Corruption Strategy and more,
• Prepare and implement the MoMP Anti-Corruption Plan
• Prepare and implement the MoMP ASM Formalization Strategy Implementation Plan
• Establish and implement Monitoring and Evaluation system to monitor and evaluate directorates’ performance based on their work plans and provide them with recommendation on how to improve their performance to implement their work plans in a timely manner
• Collect data relevant to MoMP work plan implementation, analyze and write report on the finding to MoMP leadership
• Receive benchmarks from international community and MoMP officials and communicate them to relevant directorates for implementation
• Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the ministry’s benchmarks and provide recommendation on how to improve directorates’ performance in respect with benchmark implementation
• Monitor MoMP’s On-budget Projects performance and provide recommendation on how to improve projects’ performance in respect with their work plan implementation
• Make sure MoMP budgeting is made based on the Policies of the ministry
• Follow on High Economics and Cabinet’s decisions and make sure they are responded and communicated to them
• Assist MoMP with writing quarterly and annual reports
• Accomplish any other tasks assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor.
• The incumbent should have sound presentation skills and ability to present to a large group of audience, national and international,
• The incumbent should be able to manage and work in working groups and should have team management skills and experience
• The incumbent should be able to write reports, briefing paper, correspondence, and research paper as required
• The incumbent should be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
• At least bachelor and Master’s is degree preferred in Public Administration, Business Administration, Development and any other related fields.
• At least (5-10) years of working experience with both Afghanistan Government (MoMP) and Donor Project or International Organization in the related field is required.
• The Incumbent should have sound knowledge of the extractive sector management
• The Incumbent should have strong written and oral communication and other interpersonal skills
• The incumbent should be able to work with MoMP officials, e.g. H. E. Minister, Deputy Ministers, and Directors in a professional manner
• The incumbent should be able to represent MoMP in intra-government and non-government meetings, conferences …etc.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 15/Mar/ 2018 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU Senior Advisor of Plan, Policy and M&E must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|M&E Focal point at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Multi Cities||22 Dec 2018|
|Regional M&E Officer at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Khost||24 Dec 2018|
|Regional M&E Officer at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kandahar||24 Dec 2018|
|Regional M&E Officer at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kunduz||24 Dec 2018|
|Regional M&E Officer at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kabul||25 Dec 2018|