Finance/Budget Specialist(980 Views)
About Ministry of communication and IT
The Mandate of Ministry of Communication and IT (MCIT) are to Provide high Quality Communication, IT and Postal Services for the Afghan People at Affordable prices. The Ministry has been Actively Advocating for a Positive change in the Society by Connecting the Afghan People to Knowledge and Resources, which will enable them to Improve the quality of their lives. The Afghan Government aims to establish a stable and Democratic Political Environment, rule of law, and a Favorable Regulatory Environment for Business.
The vision of the Ministry of Communication and IT is to transform Afghanistan into technology Information Society.
Priorities of MCIT:
• To deliver the Telecom and IT services to remote areas throughout the country
• To supply high speed internet to the people in Afghanistan
• To design, develop and deploy the technical platform of the National Identity Card (NID) and provide ide technical assistance to the Ministry of Interior (MoI) on the successful implementation of project"
• To extend the fiber optic network in the country
• To replace the existing analogue television (TV) broadcasting systems by digital TV broadcasting systems in the country and tighten regulations for broadcasting companies
• To enhance the capacity of the Afghan government by introducing the concept of e-Government and encourage all the ministries to integrate ICT within their main work
Analysis and evaluation of budgetary proposals for planning of financial resources. Adhere to the MCIT financial plan and report the anticipated deviations on time for the necessary adjustments
|Date Posted:||05 Mar 2018||Reference:||MCIT – NTA – 014|
|Closing Date:||16 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of frameworks, policies and procedures across the full range of financial management functions and services;
• Design an effective financial management follow up systems for the MCIT. Develop Financial Planning and make sure program budgeting. Planning and Implementation of financial and Budgeting reform process;
• Full compliance of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and audit follow up with government rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of the financial resources management system;
• Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for development and management projects, monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions etc;
• Support Finance Directorate staff in the financial management process, providing coaching where necessary; identify any areas tangible to corruption and bring it to the attention of the management.
• Support and Assist the Implementation of different PFM reforms, including program budgeting, provincial budgeting, and gender responsive budgeting etc.
• Work closely with the finance team of the MCIT, General Budget and General Treasury Directorates of Ministry of Finance.
• Follow up the budget execution rate regularly with the relevant stakeholders. In coordination with finance director identifies budget gaps of the project and prepare its report for the senior management of Ministry.
• Training and Capacity Building of the finance directorate and other projects finance staff of the ministry.
• Analysis and evaluation of budgetary proposals for planning of financial resources. Adhere to the MCIT financial plan and report the anticipated deviations on time for the necessary adjustments.
• Review and Implementation of budget allotments. Continuous monitoring of budget expenditures; provide regular analysis and reporting on the budget allotments and expenditures.
• Any other task assigned by the management.
• Demonstrated experience of conducing budget analysis on central and/or provincial level;
• Knowledge and expertise in data analysis and presentation;
• Proven leadership and managerial skills;
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English;
• Ability to coordinate a team and different stakeholders in a complex work environment.
• Fluency in English, and proficiency in Pashto and Dari.
• Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or public Administration.
• With master’s degree 4 years of experience and with bachelor’s degree minimum 5 years relevant professional experience in the field of public financial management, finance and other financial matters.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested of afghan nationals should submit their updated application comprises your CV and a non-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the advertised position.
Human resource directorate
Ministry of communication and information technology.
PLEASE MENTION THE VACANCY NUMBER & NAME OF POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING IN YOUR E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE otherwise the application will not be considered
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
The vacancy announcement is open only for Afghan national(s) applicants.
|More jobs in this category|
|CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER (COO) at Arya Pool MSP-FXD (Ltd.)||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|
|Procurement Specialist at AFTEL||Kabul||20 Dec 2018|
|Business Development Trainer at Welthungerhilfe(WHH)||Kabul||22 Dec 2018|
|SME Operation Officer/BDSP at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kabul||18 Dec 2018|
|Re - ( معاونیت مالی واداری .. at DABS||Helmand||14 Dec 2019|
|Senior Business Development Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Khost||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kandahar||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Nangarhar||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Herat||17 Dec 2018|
|Business Development & Marketing Manager at Safi Engineering Services||Kabul||29 Dec 2018|