Legal Officer for MoMP/ Cadastre Directorate(393 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the Direct Supervision of Cadastre Director, Legal Officer is responsible for the all Functions related to the legal operations of MoMP, Including To assist the Cadastre Director, in all matters concerning Legal matters, Watch the performance of Written Statement, Writ Appeals, and Vacate Stay Petition and Coordinate with the all Heads of Departments and all Zonal Directorates with regard to Legal matters.
|Date Posted:||05 Mar 2018||Reference:||MoMP/PSU-Legal Officer|
|Closing Date:||15 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Over all in charge of the Legal matters of the entire departments of Cadastre Directorate.
2. To assist the Cadastre Director, in all matters concerning Legal matters.
3. Watch the performance of Written Statement, Writ Appeals, and Vacate Stay Petition etc.
4. Coordinate with the all Heads of Departments and all Zonal Directorates with regard to Legal matters.
5. Offering Legal Opinions to the Head of Departments and Zonal Officers in respect of the Legal Matters.
6. Addresses inquiries or request for assistance of internal customers concerning legal matters and liabilities to government agencies and regulators, including review of contracts
7. Reviewing and advising management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures
8. Responsible for timely and proper fulfillment of all tasks entrusted.
9. Other tasks as decided by the MoMP Authorities according to laws and regulations.
• In-depth understanding and knowledge of the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Acts
• In-depth understanding of Contract Law and management of contracts
• Basic Conditions of Employment Act and Labour Relations Act
• Fluency in Dari or Pashto and English languages is required.
• Having past work experience with the Government will be an advantage
• The candidate should have at least a bachelor degree in Law/Mining Law from any recognized universities in the relevant field and Master will be preference.
• At least 4 years of relevant experience.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Law
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 15/Mar/ 2018 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU Legal Officer must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
|More jobs in this category|
|Commercial Legal Specialist at Asian Development Bank||Kabul||29 Mar 2018|
|Compliance Officer at Exchangerzone||Kabul||29 Mar 2018|
|Senior Lawyer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||12 Apr 2018|
|Legal Expert at Ghani Consultancy Services||Bamian||26 Mar 2018|