Finance & Operations Officer(1127 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The Finance & Administration Officer works alongside District team to provide timely financial, administrative, logistical and human resource management support. As a member of the district team the post holder is responsible for the smooth running of day-to-day finance and operations tasks in line with established policies and procedures; systems and processes and making recommendations for continuous improvement.
|Date Posted:||06 Mar 2018||Reference:||VA-2018-7|
|Closing Date:||14 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||3 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure that sufficient cash is available to meet immediate operational needs at district level in close collaboration with district manager and coordinators as well as Head Office finance.
2. Check and verify forms and vouchers to ensure that they are properly completed; the required supporting documents are attached; all donor, organisational and statutory requirements are complied with and that they are duly approved in line with the approval authority limits in place.
3. Ensure that expenditure is coded and captured correctly in the accounting system in terms of amounts, budget codes/lines, general ledger codes, project codes as well as any other analysis codes as may be applicable.
4. Maintain cash controls such as regular cash counting and ensure that cash in hand and bank accounts are reconciled at least once a month.
5. Maintain and monitor staff and supplier accounts to ensure that correct balances are reflected in the financial management system.
6. Conduct physical verification of assets at district levels as well as facilitate their disposal /write-off in line with organisational policy and the Afghanistan NGO law.
7. Provide Programme team with complete, timely, accurate and reliable financial information as well as discuss financial reports; establish and monitor follow-up action plans with them.
8. Implement necessary corrective actions against the internal control weaknesses identified in the field visits reports.
9. Liaise with Head Office staff regarding district financial matters.
Administration & Logistics:
1. Supervise and/or implement the day-to-day administration and logistics activities of the District Office and maintain appropriate manual and computerised records according to policy and procedure.
2. Ensure that all materials required for the projects are provided at the right quality, time and place as per request and that all purchases are made in a cost effective manner and in accordance with Afghanaid policy and procedure.
3. Establish, maintain and oversee up-to-date district office records, ordering, issuance/assignment, repair and maintenance of all fixed assets and inventory items.
4. Ensure proper coordination of meetings and workshops/conferences and associated services such as transport and lodging, for the district office.
5. Ensure all legal obligations of the offices, e.g. lease agreement, maintenance contracts, are fulfilled and renewed in a timely manner.
6. Be active promoter of healthy, clean, safe and well maintained living/working environments; suitable for both men and women.
7. Ensure that hygienic and healthy food and drinks are served to staff.
8. Supervise, mentor and train district administration and logistics staff.
9. Act as a liaison person with Head Office Operations for technical support.
Human Resources (HR):
1. Ensure all recruitment at district level is conducted in a transparent manner and in accordance with the Afghanaid policy and labour law as well as actively promote the employment of women.
2. Ensure that all records of all current and former personnel across the district are complete, accurate and up to date at all times; including payroll records and where required, submitted to head office in a timely manner.
3. Coordinate the safe and secure movement of staff and visitors and recording in the registration books.
4. Ensure that all staff have performance objectives set and they are reviewed regularly in a timely manner.
Undertake any other duties as and when required by the line manager and/or overview manager.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related discipline and studying towards a professional accounting qualification.
Atleat 4 years of experience in finance and operations.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable finance & operations person with good initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as skills in communication, interpersonal relations, and decision-making, financial accounting and reporting.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
a. Proficiency in computer software (Microsoft Dynamic), MS Office etc.
b. knowledge of internal controls and donor rules and regulations
c. Ability to deal with challenging work situations.
d. Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members.
e. Competent and able to meet tight deadlines.
f. A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
g. Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
h. Sensitivity to gender issues.
i. Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
j. Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuitive and self-motivation
Afghanistan - Herat: OBEH
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line by 14 Mar 2018. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV s
hould be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance Officer at Afghan Compound Support Services||Kabul||05 Jun 2018|
|Cashier at Global Technology||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|Finance Officer at Malika and Refa Solution||Kabul||20 Jun 2018|
|Finance/HR Admin Officer at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Herat||30 May 2018|
|Finance Assistant at Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||14 Jun 2018|
|کارمند اداری و محاسبه at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply..||Balkh||28 May 2018|
|Tax Manager at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||14 Jun 2018|
|مدیر عمومی محاسبه جنسی at Afghanistan Urban Water Supp..||Kabul||27 May 2018|
|Finance&Account Manager at DABS||Kabul||22 May 2018|
|Finance Assistant at World Health Organization||Kabul||24 May 2018|
|Finance Assistant (Grade 6) at World Health Organization||Kabul||24 May 2018|
|Chief Financial Officer at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|مدیر عمومی مالی و اداری at کمیسیون شکایات..||Multi Cities||22 May 2018|
|Finance & Operations Manager at Afghanaid||Daikondi||22 May 2018|
|Finance Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||06 Jun 2018|
|Financial Accountant at Smart Telecom Co, Ltd||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Accountant For Spare parts Section at Habib Faiz Construction Group||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|