IT Officer(2434 Views)
Star of Knowledge Organization (SKO) is a non-profit organization, registered (1755) with ministry of Economy NGOs Department (Afghanistan) on 22/7/2010 which is entitled to work in Afghanistan. The basic aim of the organization is to empower communities of remote areas in Afghanistan through literacy and education, especially for girls, promotes peace through education, and conveys the importance of these activities throughout in Afghanistan.
The Information Technology (IT) Officer is responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware, software, networks and develop date base/web site. The IT Officer reports directly to the Program Manager.
|Date Posted:||06 Mar 2018||Reference:||002|
|Closing Date:||20 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and design SKO website, databases as per the office requirements.
• Design of (LAN) Networking, Cabling and Maintenance and Installation.
• Develop Database/ Website and make update files when necessary to debug.
• Ensure backup recovery and date concurrency.
• Keep virus free environment and networks as well as PCs.
• Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system.
• Install operating system, essential software and drivers.
• Monitor Hardware and Software warranty expiration and replacement.
• Utilize computerized word processing and internet software.
• Purchase IT Equipment’s as required in office.
• Instruct staff to ensure proper usage of Hardware and Software.
• Filter incoming and outgoing data through internet to make virus free environment.
• Monitor staff data to keep illegitimate data away from devices.
• Control the computer system budgets and expenditures.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer system operations and development.
• Provide orientation to new users of existing technology.
• Train staff about the potential uses of existing technology.
• Provide individual training and support on request.
• Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
• Make recommendation about purchase of technology resources.
• Provide and share passwords, coding and other necessary information for websites, networks, databases and other applications to the program manager.
• Provide full training to other IT staff and build their capacity to a standard level.
• Fulfill any other duties assigned by the Program Manager.
Kabul Province, Dural Aman Doughabad
• Knowledge of Windows Server 2008, 2013
• Knowledge of Microsoft Operating System and Software
• In depth technical knowledge of PC hardware
• Experience with complex databases
• Experience with high-quality digital imaging
• Conceptual skill
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills-verbal and written
• Problem analysis and problem-solving skill
• Professional report writing
• Supervision skill
• Coordination skill
• Time management skills
• Decision-making skills
• Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, word-processing, graphics and website development programs at a highly proficient level
Bachelor degree BCS, BCE, BCA, Master in Computer Science will be preferred
Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience as MIS Officer, IT Specialist with public/private organization. Experience with international organizations will be an advantage.
Full command on English, Pashto & Dari
• Computer hardware and software systems and programs
• Computer networks, networks administration, and network installation
• Computer trouble shooting
• Computer viruses and security
• Email and internet programs
Afghanistan - Kabul
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (Not Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of Human Resources Department to the following email us to the below address:
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for written test and after that for the interview. If you are not contacted in TWO or THREE WEEKS after the closing date. Please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
Address of the Office: District # 6, near to new Parliament, Kabul
Noor Bagh Danish
Human Resource Officer
|More jobs in this category|
|Information Technology Security Manager at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|مدیر تکنالوژی معلوماتی at Afghanistan Urban Water Sup..||Kunduz||09 Jul 2018|
|IT Specialist at Afghanistan SUPPORT-II Project||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Database Developer at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|IT Officer (Night Shift) at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Data Com Engineer at AFTEL||Kabul||25 Jun 2018|
|Technical Lead, IT (Lifecycle Manager) at NETLINKS||Kabul||19 Jul 2018|
|IT Manager at Afghan Red Crescent Society||Kabul||24 Jun 2018|
|IT Network Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||21 Jun 2018|
|Proposal Writer at Logic Mind Technologies||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|ISP Technical Lead at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||19 Jul 2018|