Legal Compliance Officer- Infrastructure(1383 Views)
About Integrity Watch Afghanistan
Integrity Watch is an Afghan civil society organization committed to increase transparency, accountability, and integrity in Afghanistan.
The mission of Integrity Watch is to put corruption under the spotlight through community monitoring, research, and advocacy. We mobilize and train communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries. We develop community monitoring tools, provide policy-oriented research, facilitate policy dialogue, and advocate for integrity, transparency, and accountability in Afghanistan.
Integrity Watch was created in October 2005 and established itself as an independent civil society organization in 2006. It has approximately 50 staff members and 1400 volunteers. The head office of Integrity Watch is in Kabul with provincial programmatic outreach in Badakhshan, Balkh, Bamyan, Ghor, Herat, Kabul, Kapisa, Logar, Nangarhar, Parwan, Panjshir, Samangan, and Wardak.
Integrity Watch’s work has three major components: (1) Community Monitoring, (2) Research, and (3) Advocacy. Integrity Watch tries to encourage active citizenship and community mobilization through its programs. Our community monitoring work includes development of community monitoring tools, mobilizing and training communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries.
Our research work is focused on policy-oriented research measuring trends, perceptions and experiences of corruption and covering wide range of corruption related issues including security and justice sectors, extractive industries, budget and public finance management, and aid effectiveness. The objective is to develop new, ground-breaking empirical research in order to set the agenda, influence decision-makers, and bring to the public attention non-documented and non-explored issues.
The aim of our advocacy work is to enhance Integrity Watch’s pioneering role in advocating for knowledgeable decision-making and informed public debate on corruption and integrity. Our advocacy work includes facilitation of policy dialogue on issues related to integrity, transparency, and accountability. We advocate for access to information; budget transparency, accountability, and participation; aid transparency and effectiveness; social accountability; and other issues related to anti-corruption.
Integrity Watch Afghanistan also works in the infrastructure and construction sector through the Reconstruction Assessment Program (ReCAP) which focuses on assessment of infrastructure and development aid projects. At ReCAP, we perform independent engineering evaluations of on-going and completed infrastructure projects, operation and maintenance inspection of public facilities and impact assessment of national development projects.
ReCAP works closely with an U.S. government oversight agency in Afghanistan, SIGAR, to provide independent and objective audits, inspections and reviews of Afghanistan reconstruction efforts. In addition to this, we manage the Construction Sector Transparency Initiative (CoST) establishment in Afghanistan. CoST aims to improve the value for money spent on public infrastructure by increasing transparency in the delivery of public sector construction projects. In addition, Integrity Watch supports the Afghan government in carrying out assessments and inspections of programs implemented by government agencies.
Reconstruction Assessment Program (ReCAP) is an Integrity Watch program which focuses on assessment of infrastructure and development aid projects. At ReCAP, we perform independent engineering evaluations of on-going and completed infrastructure projects, operation and maintenance inspection of public facilities and impact assessment of national development projects.
ReCAP works closely with an U.S. government oversight agency in Afghanistan, SIGAR, to provide independent and objective audits, inspections and reviews of Afghanistan reconstruction efforts. In addition to this, ReCAP also manages the Construction Sector Transparency Initiative (CoST) establishment in Afghanistan. CoST aims to improve the value for money spent on public infrastructure by increasing transparency in the delivery of public sector construction projects.
|Date Posted:||06 Mar 2018||Reference:||014/18|
|Closing Date:||15 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Legal Compliance Officer shall provide a legal perspective to the assessment and work of Integrity Watch Afghanistan. The Officer shall review assessment tools, methodologies and findings from an Afghan legal perspective and advise the organizations on the pros cons of the materials and actions. The Officer will also participate in the conduct of audit of construction and other infrastructure projects to assess their compliance to the contract and Afghan laws and regulations.
• Develop organizational legal compliance plan for projects inspection and assessment works;
• Identify data quality, validity and consistency issues and provide on time technical support and feedback to the relevant department in making sure that the data collection and tools mechanisms as well as the reports produced are valid, consistent and in compliance with organizational objectives;
• Report and feedback on non-compliance issues;
• Identifying and highlighting good practices;
• Ensure that the information/data collected is accurate and serves the purpose;
• Work with relevant departments as required, to contribute toward development of standardized and consistent data collection and reporting mechanisms;
• Support the relevant department, that all the ethical and legal aspects for data collection, analysis, dissemination are in full compliance with the applicable standards;
• Conduct independent assessment of infrastructure and other projects in cooperation with Afghan the government institutions;
• Carrying out any other related tasks as deem necessary by the relevant manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Fluency in English and national languages (Pashto and/or Dari) is required.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and Internet is highly required; familiarity with data analysis programs is highly preferred
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and deliver on agreed timelines;
• Integrity, punctuality, intellectual curiosity, willingness to take initiative, multi-tasking, and willingness to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills and team player.
• At least a bachelor degree in law or sharia is required.
• A minimum of 2 years of working experience in areas of legal compliance, contract management, audit, M&E and field related works. Prior experience in research is highly preferred.
• Proper knowledge of quality assurance and compliance frameworks
• Hold general knowledge of statistics and research.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by sending your one-page resume as well as a cover letter that outlines how your experience and education relates to the skills and experience outlined in this Terms of Reference to. Ensure to follow this subject line in your email, otherwise your application will not be accepted: “Consultant-Legal Compliance-Your Name”.
NOTE: The resume and cover letter should be combined in a SINGLE PDF FILE; credentials are not required at this stage. The deadline for applications is March 15, 2018, 04:00 PM (+4:30 GMT). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test followed by interviews. The positon will be filled on rolling basis and that the candidates are advised to not wait until the closing date.
|More jobs in this category|
|Legal Aid Advocacy Specialist at IDLO||Kabul||16 Dec 2018|
|Legal Specialist at IDLO||Kabul||11 Dec 2018|
|Legal Intern at Jabarkhail & Associates Legal Consultancy LLC||Kabul||19 Feb 2019|