REGIONAL SECURITY COORDINATOR(1308 Views)
DAI is implementing the USAID funded program Promote: Women in the Economy (WIE) throughout Afghanistan. The objective of this project is to enable Afghan women to increase their participation in the mainstream, formal economy by securing employment with advancement potential and by helping women-owned businesses or businesses that employ women to grow
The Security Coordinator is responsible for the security briefings of the Local National Staff for the project. He is also responsible for daily communication with the personnel assigned to the regional service centers and the satellite offices, traveling as needed.
|Date Posted:||06 Mar 2018||Reference:||DAI/WIE|
|Closing Date:||15 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Security/Safety||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
• Report to the PRM and Project Security Coordinator and provide advice on all Security related matters within the project.
• In the absence of the RMC security team assist the Project Security Coordinator in the event of an emergency.
• Assist the PRM with translation during meetings with local national security officials.
• Monitor the atmospherics in assigned region and brief the PSM on information that effects WIE project operations.
• Develop and maintain liaison with all relevant Agencies and Government Departments within the region and municipalities assigned on security related matters.
• Develop and Maintain liaison with ANA/ANP/NDS/APPF & Government Agencies/Local Authorities/Local Shura’s within region and municipalities
• Establish a methodology for monitoring and reporting security information that effect WIE project information.
• Liaise with regional local authorities to discuss potential problems and plan possible methods of resolution in assigned region.
• Process Security Clearances for Regional/Area travel/movement, Coordinate and track local staff/vehicle movement.
• Disseminate up-to-date Security Situation briefs to all DAI local staff and PSM as required.
• Conduct routine security surveys of office and residential areas and premises when directed.
• Assist in the development, Maintenance and Review of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) in assigned regions.
• Conduct investigations and prepare reports on minor cases of theft, illegal entry, assault, or other incidents when the extent of the infraction is readily determinable in assigned regions.
• Identify training needs and liaise with the PRM, RRM for the provision of training.
• Establish a professional, informative and flexible relationship with the program clients.
• Ensure the correct procedures for ingress and egress of vehicles and pedestrians are being adhered to at all WIE compounds.
• Perform other security related duties as assigned.
• Travel frequently.
• Provide security support and information to other DAI projects as directed.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English
• Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
• Previous experience in security position with understanding of the APPF, their policies and procedures
• Demonstrated experience remotely managing staff
• Familiarity with the culture and ability to communicate effectively with communities from Northern and Eastern areas of Afghanistan
• Ability to anticipate, identify, analyze, and mitigate risks
• Previous experience liaising with government agencies, security forces, and local communities
• The position reports to the Project Risk Manager and the DAI CRD as required.
Afghanistan - Herat: PROVINCIAL CENTER (HERAT)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Security/Safety
To apply: Please send your CV & Covering letter to below email address and include REGIONAL SECURITY COORDINATOR in the subject line of the application
|More jobs in this category|
|Watchmen (only Badakhshan Residence) at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Badakhshan||19 Jan 2019|
|Safety Officer at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children||Kabul||23 Jan 2019|
|Regional Security Technician at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||23 Jan 2019|
|GUARD at ARIANA AFGHAN TURK HIGH SCHOOL||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|