Consultant Architect(403 Views)
About Sayed Majidi Architecture and Design (SMAD)
SMAD / S.E.E. | office for architecture and design
S.E.E.| office for architecture and design was originally established in 2001 as a think-tank and practice for architects, urban planners, product designers and researchers involved in the design of the built environment. In 2009, the office was set up in Afghanistan after the founding partners had worked on architectural design and project management, from conceptual work to implemented design projects, throughout Europe and Asia. S.E.E. provides project management and architectural design services and is actively involved in the physical postwar reconstruction in Kabul and the provinces. S.E.E. delivers excellence in all aspects of project management tailored to architectural design and construction, with a team of leading local and international professionals. S.E.E. has a long term commitment to Afghanistan and unique expertise in project management, sustainability, energy and the built environment customized to the urgent needs of Afghanistan’s challenging business environment. The team is dedicated to postwar reconstruction in the field of new urban and architectural design as well as the rehabilitation of cultural heritage and traditional craftsmanship in Afghanistan.
Consultant Architect executing all relevant architectural design works from concept development to production of architectural construction drawings using architectural office, work and production standards.
|Date Posted:||06 Mar 2018||Reference:||0021|
|Closing Date:||14 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Architecture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||6 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 2 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for architectural design works from concept drawings to construction drawings according to set building codes and standards
• Participate and lead on acquiring design data from project site required for the design development
• Produce architectural construction drawings relevant for the successful completion of projects for approval
• Development of working concepts relevant for successfully executing architectural design work, project plans, resource assignment, time lines
• Produce project cost estimates, quantity surveys (Bill of Quantity), estimates for construction schedules, technical specifications and determine quality of available construction materials
• Coordination with relevant project planners from same or other disciplines of design and work reports relevant for construction drawings and implementation progress of building sites
• Presentation of design and work progress to Directors and relevant planning partners using common architectural presentation methods, such as hand drawings, collages, physical and computer generated working models, presentation panels, print outs, concept brochures, etc
• Coordination of quality control and site supervision of staff on building sites for the correct implementation of projects with focus on architectural design and construction standards
• Site visits to building sites with/ without project team and relevant planning partners
• Adhering to office standards regarding architectural design work and office policies, such as the use of templates, reporting structures, architectural construction drawing standards and filing systems of project data
• Ability to work with in- and ex- house teams of architects and engineers
• Conduct and produce research studies according to project requirements in the field of architectural design and building technology
>Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering.
> A minimum of 6 years experience as architect is required.
> Demonstrate sufficient experience design processes, from set up to execution.
> Languages required: Dari/ Pashto/English. All communication and reporting is in English language.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Send your CVs to below email.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!