Digital CASA Project Director(1132 Views)
About Ministry of communication and IT
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), Islamic Republic of
Afghanistan has received Project Preparatory Grant/Fund from the World Bank for execution of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds to hire a qualified Individual Consultant to work as a Project Director of the Project to lead the project team.
This Consultancy Support will be provided to MCIT at Kabul, under the Project Fund of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project.
The aim of the Digital CASA Afghanistan Project is: (i) to expand and strengthen the Regional and National level broadband connectivity based on Optical Fiber Networks; (ii) to boost up digital society and economy through e-Governance initiatives and (iii) to prepare an enabling environment and Regulation for the growth of ICT Sector in Afghanistan. The project will do so by: (a) expansion and strengthening of broadband connectivity in Central Asia and South Asia Region; (b) expansion and strengthening of national broadband connectivity in Afghanistan; (c) Commissioning of a Network called “Govnet” to connect most of the Government Offices at Central and Provincial Government levels; (d) Automation of citizen-centric services through e-Governance initiatives; (e) Automation of e-Governance mechanisms and strengthening of e-Delivery Platforms; (f) framing up of Regulations, Policies, Strategies and Policies for growth of ICT Sector.
To contribute towards achievement of some of the above mentioned objectives of Digital CASA
Afghanistan Project, MCIT has decided to avail the consultancy services of an Individual
Consultant to work as Digital CASA Project Implementation Head/Director. Who could also build the capacity of the project staff and lead the team towards achievement of project objectives.
The consultant will be the Project Director of Digital CASA Project and he/she will provide all necessary management and technical support to MCIT as required by the Digital CASA Implementation Unit (DCIU). More specifically the consultant will assist the Project Management
|Date Posted:||07 Mar 2018||Reference:||MCIT/Digital CASA/IC-1|
|Closing Date:||18 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Efficient overall implementation of the project and ensuring smooth implementation of each activity;
• Ensuring effective communication and consultations with all stakeholders; and facilitating the preparation and public release of project information;
• Undertaking the monitoring and evaluation of performance indicators and outcomes against the targets, as agreed with the Bank;
• Ensuring that all legal covenants of the project are met;
• Proposing necessary steps or measures to overcome any critical delays in project implementation;
• Leading planning, technical aspects, procurement and financial management, disbursement and auditing issues arising from implementation of the various project activities;
• Monitoring and facilitating full compliance of all components with the implementation, legal, procurement, financial and technical requirements of the project;
• Ensuring quality and transparency in procurement and financial management, and facilitating smooth and speedy implementation of the program. In addition, coordinate with the government counterparts to ensure overall integration of plans and reports into the Government’s program;
• Assisting the Project Management Team and the DCIU in ensuring that procurement arrangements are consistent with project implementation and development objectives and, as needed, discuss options and possible solutions with the DCIU;
• Ensure that all procurement is conducted transparently and on time (details are given in the TOR);
• Supporting Project Management Team and the DCUI in financial management, preparing project’s budget and allocating funds to subcomponents;
• Supervising the preparation of project accounts;
• Arranging the quarterly review and annual audit of accounts;
• Ensuring that the Project Team receives continuous trainings in project management, procurement and financial management;
• Preparing requisite periodic reports for the government and donors as required;
• Transferring knowledge to MCIT staff, so that they develop a cadre of trained staff, having the necessary experience and appropriate skills, to enable them to be capable of managing its program. This transfer of knowledge and skills will be both through working closely with Project Management Team and DCIU staff as day to day tasks are carried out, formal training (e.g. small classes, workshops, etc.) and regularly reviewing of duties of PIU and PICU staff and their implementation;
• Other tasks as defined by the MCIT from time to time.
• Good understanding and previous work experience in all aspects of project management;
• Fluency in English (reading, writing, speaking). Knowledge of Dari and Pashto is also required.
• Proven inter-personal skills;
• High integrity and accountability, leadership and good team work spirit.
• Citizen of Afghanistan;
• Master or Bachelor Degree in Management Sciences, Development Studies, Business Administration, Public Administration, economics or any other relevant degree from a recognized university.
• With Master Degree minimum 5 years and with Bachelor degree minimum 10 years relevant experience is required with government, World Bank or any well-known international organization.
• Experience with World Bank financed project is an advantage and preferable.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
The Ministry of Communication and Information Technology invites Interested and eligible Afghan nationals to indicate their interest in providing the services. The Interest Consultants should submit their updated application comprises your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the advertised position.
Expressions of interest must be submitted by 18 March 2018,16:00 hrs. Kabul Time
Human resource directorate
Ministry of communication and Information Technology.
PLEASE MENTION POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING IN YOUR E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications sent later than the indicated date/time will not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|SME Operation Officer/BDSP at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kabul||18 Dec 2018|
|Re - ( معاونیت مالی واداری .. at DABS||Helmand||14 Dec 2019|
|Senior Business Development Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Khost||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kandahar||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Nangarhar||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Herat||17 Dec 2018|
|Afghan Professional Manager at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||11 Dec 2018|
|Business Development & Marketing Manager at Safi Engineering Services||Kabul||29 Dec 2018|