TRAINING MANAGER(1138 Views)
DAI is implementing the USAID-funded program Musharikat across Afghanistan’s 34 provinces. The objective
of this project is to increase women’s equality and empowerment in Afghanistan. Musharikat will provide
opportunities for women’s rights activists and groups to jointly identify and carry-out advocacy and public
awareness campaigns designed to influence local, provincial, and national public policies, ban harmful social
practices, and advance women’s welfare and opportunities by building a constituency supportive of women’s
The successful candidate will initiate and manage all Musharikat training activities, including coordination of
direct training support provided by Musharikat staff to coalitions, and overseeing training provided by
Musharikat coalitions, grantees, and subcontractors. The training manager will develop and operationalize
Musharikat training plans and supervise implementation to ensure training meets technical requirements, is
within budget, and completed within the approved timeline. The successful candidate will provide technical
support to Musharikat grantees and coalitions in effective training techniques so that they can implement
training programs successfully. The training manager will design and develop internal training, as well as
review and evaluate all training materials prepared by coalitions and grantees and provide timely feedback.
Musharikat is looking for a self-starting professional who will take initiative to identify any training gaps and
design programs to fulfill those gaps.
|Date Posted:||07 Mar 2018||Reference:||DAI/MUSHARIKAT|
|Closing Date:||21 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Training||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Map out annual training plans, design and develop training programs for Musharikat coalitions and
oversee training provided under grants and other partners, based on the needs of the Musharikat
coalition members - both CSO representatives and individual activists.
• Manage the delivery of training and development programs and, in a more senior role, develop a
training strategy for Musharikat.
• Serve as the technical lead on training, ensuring that Musharikat trainings that are effective, knowledge
and skill-based, well-planned, and conducted professionally.
• Monitor and review the progress of trainings conducted by Musharikat coalitions, grantees, and
• Ensure that pre- and post-testing is completed in all training sessions as appropriate in coordination with
training providers and the M&E team.
• Maintain and update the curriculum database and training records. Keeps records of all training
materials to be used for reference.
• Document reports, assessments, and evaluations of all training programs. Ensure data collection and
delivery to the M&E team.
• Evaluate and analyze training effectiveness on a continuous basis and assist Musharikat grantees with
amending and revising their training materials as necessary.
• Assist Musharikat regional offices to solve specific training problems, either through in-person field
visits or through online communication.
• Research new technologies and methodologies in trainings about policy and advocacy, and present the
findings to Musharikat for their application as appropriate.
• Develop and implement standard operating procedures and training packages (including trainer and
participant manuals) based on contents, methodologies, tools, and approaches.
• Collect feedback and experiences from the completed training programs and analyze and share the
• Assist Musharikat regional offices and grantees identify the knowledge and skill gaps among
Musharikat coalitions and activists.
• Ensure Musharikat regional offices have all the required materials and resources to effectively conduct
• Identify capable training providers in coordination with relevant team members.
• Manage technical execution of subcontracts, purchase orders, grants, and other Musharikat-funded
procurements dealing with trainings throughout Afghanistan.
• Assist Musharikat operations to organize the logistics of training events: invitation, venue, meal,
accommodation, and travel costs, etc.
• Conduct field visits as required.
• Any other tasks assigned by supervisor and/or COP.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, development, public policy, political science, gender
and women studies and/or related field.
• At least five (5) years of relevant work experience in the development, implementation, and
management of training programs/activities.
• Experience with training programs related to public policy and advocacy preferred.
• Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Prior experience providing “Train the Trainer” support to improve the capacity of less experienced
trainers to conduct effective training.
• Strong management, leadership, and communication skills; ability to work with many different
functions from high-level decision makers to technical specialists and program managers.
• Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation procedures.
• Broad understanding and knowledge of civil society in Afghanistan.
• Ability to plan and carry out annual training plans to build capacity of Musharikat coalitions.
• Excellent English and Dari language skills required, Pashto skills highly preferred.
• Good knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.).
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, development, public policy, political science, gender
and women studies and/or related field
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Social Science
To apply: Please send your CV & Covering letter to below email address and include TRAINING MANAGER in the subject line of the application
|More jobs in this category|
|Trainer at Hawk Vision||Multi Cities||05 Apr 2018|
|Training Facilitator at Hawk Vision||Multi Cities||05 Apr 2018|
|Master Trainer at Hawk Vision||Kabul||05 Apr 2018|
|Training Advisor at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Freelance Training Consultant/Trainer at VEER Consultancy||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|