Chief Finance Officer (CFO)(588 Views)
About Mutahid Development Finance Institution
Mutahid (meaning United in local language) Development Finance Institution (MUTAHID) was established on April 1, 2011 and initially three MFIs namely Microfinance Agency for Development and Rehabilitation of Afghan Communities (MADRAC), Parwaz Microfinance Institution (PARWAZ) and Mofad Microfinance Company (MOFAD) were consolidated. Later on, three additional MFIs namely Women for Women International Microfinance Afghanistan (WWI), Ariana Financial Services (AFS) and ChildFund Afghanistan Microfinance Limited (CFA MF) consolidated into MUTAHID.
The creation of MUTAHID was an opportunity to combine the best components of these consolidating institutions and to preserve the significant investments made over the last few years, to create one larger, stronger and sustainable, best practice MFI based on the core principles of ethics, ideas and hard work while incorporating the lessons learned from the past.
Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) is supporting MUTAHID directly by providing direction, capacity building and financial resources and while a division of MISFA is run as a separate autonomous operating entity. The management of MUTAHID is ensuring the orderly and judicial transfer of good clients, quality staff and assets of the consolidating institutions.
The CFO is responsible for the effective operation of the finance department, including ensuring compliance with the financial policies and procedures. As a member of the Senior Management team, the CFO contributes to strategic and operational planning and oversight, and where required leads project initiatives and teams
|Date Posted:||07 Mar 2018||Reference:||0324|
|Closing Date:||21 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. The CFO is responsible for managing and leading the finance department
2. The CFO reports to the CEO and is a key member of the senior leadership team
3. The CFO also supports Mutahid shareholders in managing the financial performance of the company for the benefit of shareholders and in evaluating performance vs. budget plan.
4. The CFO must have a passion for developing, interpreting and maintaining a strong operational performance management reporting process as well as managing a highly functional and efficient accounting operation that has strong internal controls, and produces financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
5. The position provides leadership in the areas of strategic and financial planning, financial reporting budget development/tracking/analysis, cash and credit management, banking relations, tax, budget management, and risk analysis and management
The CFO also serves as a member of several committees such as credit, human resources, procurement and planning.
Accuracy Problem solving Organizing Attention to detail
Analytical Planning Managing Troubleshooting
Logical in presenting ideas Written/oral English Mathematics Team work
Minimum of 7 years of finance experience
• Graduate degree in accounting or finance. MBA desirable.
• Banking or microfinance experience preferred.
• History of implementation of technology systems to automate reporting/analysis of business performance preferred
• Experience working with annual financial statement audits
• Possess strong financial planning and analysis skills
• A strong track record in managing people in financial functions
• Strong understanding of IFRS and Budgeting concepts
• Leadership skills with sound business judgment.
Afghanistan - Kabul
The application package, only acceptable in English language, should, comprise of your latest up-to-date resume and cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position, indicating your earliest joining date, if selected.
Interested candidates should submit their application package only via email with the subject “Mutahid OA0280” . Due to the expectation of a large number of applications only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
|More jobs in this category|
|Loan Officer at FMFB||Balkh||03 Apr 2018|
|IT Support Officer at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Kabul||04 Apr 2018|
|Branch Manager-Faizabad at FINCA Afghanistan||Badakhshan||06 Apr 2018|
|Cheif Risk Officer at Arian Bank||Kabul||14 Apr 2018|
|Credit & Marketing Officer at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Nimruz||25 Mar 2018|
|Compliance Officer at FMFB||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|
|Credit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|