WEE-NPP Program Director(1308 Views)
The National Priority Programme on Women’s Economic Empowerment builds poor women’s capacity to strengthen the economy of their households, communities, and the entire nation. It provides start-up technical and financial support to women-owned businesses, job skills, and financial literacy. The programme also improves women’s economic enabling environment through policy and planning reforms that will remove legal barriers to women’s economic participation; streamline and reduce regulatory barriers to women’s involvement in marketing; and improve the quality and use of gender statistics for planning and monitoring women's economic progress.
The programme falls under the Human Capital Development Council. Overall coordination is by MOLSAMD, which chairs a deputy minister level working group that includes all participating Ministries. Each ministry appoints a responsible Deputy Minister to oversee their ministry’s programme. In the provinces, governors will be accountable for programme oversight, with feedback provided from the provincial councils and public dialogues with civil society, business groups, and academic organizations.
WEE-NPP Program DirectorJob Summary:
The WEE-NPP Program Director is responsible to oversight, assist and support the activities related to coordination, Finance, Procurement and Monitoring & Evaluation. Ensuring the unit is fully functional & capable of coordinating the WEE-NPP activities effectively with all relevant and key stakeholders including Ministry of Finance and World Bank.
The Program Director is also responsible for the successful implementation of WEE-NPP project parts.
|Date Posted:||07 Mar 2018||Reference:||WEENPP-001|
|Closing Date:||20 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1) The Program Director is directly responsible for the overall leadership and management of the WEE-NPP team, including supervision of day to day activities.
2) Strengthen coordination among MoLSAMD, line ministries, private sector, civil society, World Bank and donor community on activities related to women’s economic empowerment, including full and timely information sharing. This includes coordination with line ministries on the preparation of any new relevant projects.
3) Develop and monitor procedures and processes to achieve the effective functionality of the unit, including quarterly and annual timelines and workplans.
4) Lead the development and monitoring of annual and overall project budgets and ensure that execution complies with all necessary GoIRA and WB guidelines.
5) Working closely with the World Bank, lead preparation of the WEE-NPP Project Preparation Grant (PPG) and subsequent project from ARTF. This includes the following sub-tasks:
i. Oversee development of results framework, which will account for relevant activities and projects in other line ministries.
ii. Oversee preparation of inputs of technical team on M&E, communications, procurement and financial management, and any policy dialogue on the development of the WEE-NPP project
6) Professionally represent WEE-NPP in the coordination meetings and on any other important forums, including meeting with donors, the World Bank, and national and international partners.
7) Take active part in fund raising for the WEE-NPP and actively coordinate and provide updates to donors and other relevant partners
8) Conduct monthly, bi-monthly and quarterly coordination meetings on WEE-NPP status, progress and challenges with all involved key stakeholders including World Bank, UN & other donors.
9) Help strategic regional and international partnerships to inform and strengthen the work of WEE-NPP partners with evidence-based models, lessons learned, and best practices
10) Carry monthly/quarterly monitoring and evaluation of WEE-NPP progress in collaboration with implementing partners
11) Regularly track, monitor, analyze and report on the status of WEE-NPP to keep all line ministries, and other stakeholder updated on key progresses and timely react/coordinate on ad hoc issues/problems .
12) Coordinate and facilitate programs including the Advisory Group Meetings, Strategic Steering Committee (SSC), and Annual Provincial Meeting with all stakeholders on regular basis
13) Facilitate effective communication and the flow of information among the stakeholders at national and subnational level as well as to internal and external counterparts.
14) Oversee collection of financial/budgeting information related to Women Economic Empowerment initiatives from all line ministries, compilation and report preparation for donors and other stakeholders.
15) Facilitate Missions from donors and prepare the necessary briefing documents
16) Establishing guidelines and regulations, and oversee development of operations manuals, for smooth project implementation
17) Perform other duties/tasks assigned by the MoLSAMD top management
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Able to work without close supervision and take initiative in his/her own area of responsibility
- Excellent Knowledge of Project Managment
- Ability to be administratively self-sufficient and work in challenging operational environment with limited resources
- Transparent, honest and accountable
- A sound knowledge and understanding of project, staff management and coordination with stakeholder.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of World Bank procurement guidelines and procedures.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Government’s administrative systems.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Interpersonal communication, team building, problem solving, and time management
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication, reporting and organizational skills
- Well-developed analytical, conceptual and planning skills, including strong attention to detail;
- Proven team leadership skills, including ability to mentor and motivate staff;
- Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent communicator who builds effective relationships with key external and internal stakeholders;
- Strong ability to effectively manage multi-ethnic staff from diverse backgrounds;
- Proven ability to effectively design and implement logical frameworks and work plans for the team and program.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English, and proven ability to prepare high-quality professional documents in English.
IV. Timeframe and duration of the assignment
• The assignment duration will be 6 months from the start date. The contract might be extended based on a satisfactory performance, project extension and the final approval of the Project Preparation Grant-PPG. The contract is also subject to 3 Months probationary period.
• Having Doctorate degree with 3 years relevant work experience, Master degree or its equivalent degree with 5 years working experience or having Bachelor’s degree with 10 years relevant experience, a degree in project management, Business Administration, economics, Human Resources, public policy, international development or other related fields.
• Sound knowledge of the Government of Afghanistan’s systems and processes relating to operational activities for development, sustainable development, and other issues of system-wide coherence
• Experience in project management positions in large community-driven development programs with National and International NGOs
• Preference will be given to highly competent/qualified female applicants and those who have previously worked in this program.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Qualified Afghan applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes with a detailed application letter including a contact number or email address.
The candidates should submit one page cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the position along with the updated CV clearly stating on the sealed envelope the Vacancy Announcement Number to Women’s Economic Empowerment Unit at Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MoLSAMD) and/or via email to:
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org must have in Cc : email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|RTDMS Project Director at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Criminal Team Lead - Regions at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|Deputy Team Lead at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|Criminal Deputy Team Lead at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Civil Deputy Team Lead at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Civil Team Lead at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|National Project Manager- SDG Project-SB5/1 (.. at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||12 Jul 2018|
|Re - advertised Contract Management Speciali.. at Ministry of communicat..||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Project Management Technical Assistant at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW)..||Kabul||24 Jun 2018|
|Planning and Performance Monitoring Specialis.. at Trans-Hindukush Road C..||Kabul||25 Jun 2018|
|NIMS (National Information Management System).. at MOIA||Kabul||17 Jul 2018|
|Manager Fundraising/ Resource Mobilization at French Medical Institute fo..||Kabul||24 Jun 2018|
|CW4WAfghan-Afghanistan Country Director at Canadian Women for Women in Af..||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|CEO at 786 Pharma||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|