Apiculture Extension Agent(1288 Views)
Comprehensive Agriculture and Rural Development – Facility (CARD-F) is a donor funded Agriculture development program which aims to increase employment, income and business opportunities in Afghanistan through the design, facilitation and implementation of commercially viable value chains supplemented with rural infrastructure projects. As a model of cross-ministry collaboration, CARD-F works under the patronage of an Inter-Ministerial Committee (IMC) that consists of the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, the Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development, the Ministry of Counter Narcotics and the Ministry of Finance. CARD-F operates in 14 provinces and Implements 19 Agriculture and 38 infrastructure Development project.
Under the overall supervision of Provincial manager, the Apiculture Extension Agent will work on Apiculture related aspects of all projects, facilitated by the Implementation Unit. His duties and responsibilities will include, but are not necessarily limited to;
|Date Posted:||07 Mar 2018||Reference:||CARD-F-HLD-06-18|
|Closing Date:||17 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide training for beekeepers in general beekeeping and other important subject like Honey bee pest & disease Apiary seasonal management and rule of honey bee on pollination.
• Provide frequently technical information as extension services for beekeepers and farmers.
• Collect data about origin and blossom period of important honey crops plants at district and province level.
• Introduce Apiculture new technology as FarmerField School (FFS)method in district level for beekeepers and beekeeping cooperative / association members.
• Support the private beekeepers and association members to produce standard and qualify honey and other bee products.
• Assist on Conducting field visits on need basis, identify technical problems, investigate causes and advise effective solutions to small and commercial beekeepers the ways and means of enhancing beekeeping, improve processing and marketing of products.
• Assist in data collection about amount of yaerly honey production in Helmand province.
• Monitor and evaluate from Honey Bee farmes in all helmand province levale and report to the CARD-F provincial manager and Apiculture specialist .
• Be able to travel frequently to the project sites in mentioned district where CARD-F .Apiculture Components are facilitated.
• Support the beekeepers onfarmseasonal management for better management and effective handling .
• Any other task related to CARD-F Apiculture projects.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Have good knowledge of communities and villages in Helmand province;
• Possess good interpersonal skills and communication abilities;
• Well organized, and ability to properly record and store data;
• Have good writing/report writing skills both in local languages and English as well.
• Have a considerable understanding of the English language and local languages.
Note: Only applicants who meet above requirements will be considered.
• Bachelor degree from a recognized university in Apiculture or other relevant disciplines like Veterinary and Animal Husbandary .
• For bachelar degree holders, minimum of 2 years demonstrated hands-on work experience in establishmewnt, management and operations of bee farms.
Afghanistan - Helmand: PROVINCIAL CENTER (LASHKAR GAH)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
Please read the submission steps in order to have a successful application.
By Electronic submission:
• Preferably, you should apply through job application portal by clicking the below link.
• If the above link does not open on click then please copy and paste the URL into web browser address bar.
• Please specify the vacancy number as ‘CARD-F-HLD-06-18’
• Once you complete the job application portal form you will be able to attach your CV and one page cover letter.
• Please do not attach any other documents.
1. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
2. ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
3. CANDIDATES FROM HELMAND ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
|More jobs in this category|
|Admin Finance Officer at MAIL/OFWMP||Balkh||23 Oct 2018|
|Water Management Specialist at MAIL/OFWMP||Baghlan||23 Oct 2018|