Finance Specialist(1540 Views)
Comprehensive Agriculture and Rural Development – Facility (CARD-F) is a donor funded Agriculture development program which aims to increase employment, income and business opportunities in Afghanistan through the design, facilitation and implementation of commercially viable value chains supplemented with rural infrastructure projects. As a model of cross-ministry collaboration, CARD-F works under the patronage of an Inter-Ministerial Committee (IMC) that consists of the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, the Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development, the Ministry of Counter Narcotics and the Ministry of Finance. CARD-F operates in 14 provinces and Implements 19 Agriculture and 38 infrastructure Development project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The finance Specialist will be based in Kabul at the Management Unit (MU) which is the main body of CARD-F and will work under the overall supervision of Director of Corporate Services or other staff appoint by the CS Director. The incumbent responsibilities include but not limited to the followings:
|Date Posted:||07 Mar 2018||Reference:||CARD-F-KBL-07-18|
|Closing Date:||17 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Process monthly payroll and reconcile those with paying agent on monthly basis
• Verify and send invoices (both contractual and non-contractual) for payment to paying agent;
• Prepare petty cash requests;
• Check completeness and accuracy of procurement documents prepared by administration team;
• Perform monthly cash and expenditure reconciliation with paying agent;
• Perform clearance with Administration team for all advances;
• Keep records of taxes paid by all staff during their employment with CARD-F.
• Maintain HQ cashbook and perform weekly petty cash reconciliation;
• Assist Finance Manager in preparation of forecasts and budget;
• Produce monthly financial reports, maintain good filling and documentation and regularly update finance share folder;
• Prepare and review monthly Expenditure Reports and budget versus actual reports;
• Keep Record of all suppliers’ payments;
• Follow up with paying agent on timely payment of suppliers’ invoices;
• Prepare Suppliers invoices for grant disbursements.
• Process, record and track all EDPs grant payment invoices and follow up with paying agent for grants payments;
• Verify suppliers and grantee invoices to ensure all expenses are backed by proper supporting documents and are within the allocated budget;
• Manage grantees account and prepare account reconciliations when required;
• Process invoices from grantee account
• Undertake any additional tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Corporate Services Director and Finance Manager.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Knowledge of accounting software is mandatory, preferably QuickBooks
• Good written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills;
• Fluent in English and at least one of the national languages (Dari or Pashto).
• Strong team orientation and staff development skills;
• Performance management and improvement skills;
• Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting ,Business administration,or a professional accounting qualification from an internationally recongnized institute of accountancy is required .
• Master’s Degree in Finance/Accounting,Business Administration is required:
• Professional qualified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in financial management of donor funded Organization .
• Previous experience in writing financial reports is mandatory.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Please read the submission steps in order to have a successful application.
By Electronic submission:
• Preferably, you should apply through job application portal by clicking the below link.
• If the above link does not open on click then please copy and paste the URL into web browser address bar.
• Please specify the vacancy number as ‘CARD-F-KBL-07-18’
• Once you complete the job application portal form you will be able to attach your CV and one page cover letter.
• Please do not attach any other documents.
1. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
2. ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
3. FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Financial Management Specialist at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Financial Analyst at MOBY Group||Kabul||19 Jun 2018|
|Finance Officer at FHI360/GOLDOZI||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|Resident Advisor Pashtany Bank (PB) at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Resident Advisor New Kabul Bank (NKB) at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Supervisory Financial Analyst FSN-12 (Single .. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Jun 2018|
|Internal Audit Director at AFTEL||Kabul||25 Jun 2018|
|Operation Officer at Afghanistan Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (..||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Finance Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||11 Jul 2018|
|Finance Expert for MoMP/PSU at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|Senior Administration and Finance Officer at AISS||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|TDFکارمند امور بانکی at ATRA||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Financial Specialist FSN-10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Audit Manager at Afghan Green Gate Co||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Billing Officer at Global Entourage Company Ltd.||Kabul||21 Jun 2018|
|Finance Officer at Malika and Refa Solution||Kabul||20 Jun 2018|
|Financial Accountant at Smart Telecom Co, Ltd||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|