Specialist - Procurement(1118 Views)
About National Procurement Authority
After several decades of wars and civil strife, building an effective state - one that can provide security and services to the people - has been at the heart of the reconstruction effort in Afghanistan. The government has made significant progress in many areas such as primary education, basic health services, irrigation, rehabilitation, and rural development. In spite of the Government’s best efforts to improve the service delivery in priority sectors like health, education and infrastructure, corruption remains a major obstacle in effective governance and thus efficient service delivery to the people of Afghanistan. The Government has taken many steps to ensure that corruption is dealt with a firm hand and is contained in the medium term and completely eradicated in the long term. One of the main area of corruption is procurement.
Till now, the procurement system in Afghanistan was fragmented across Procurement Policy Unit under the Ministry of Finance, Afghanistan Reconstruction and Development Services (ARDS) under the Ministry of Economy and the Special Procurement Commission (SPC) under the chairmanship of the Minister for Finance, apart from the procurements handled by individual line ministries and other sub-national entities. As part of the ongoing system reforms by the present Afghanistan Government, these three entities have been amalgamated into one single agency called National Procurement Authority (NPA) to act as the apex procurement organization, to formulate policies related to public procurement and to regulate the public procurement function in the entire nation. The NPA will consolidate the functions of above mentioned entities into a single central organization to oversee and facilitate all national procurement (goods, works and services) above a certain threshold and which are vital to economic development of Afghanistan. In addition, it will look after the policies and procedures to strengthen the procurement system and start e-procurement in Afghanistan, to bring about a completely transparent public procurement system. Other objectives of this directorate are to enhance budget execution, ensuring efficiency in public procurement system, recruitment of professional and honest procurement civil servants at different levels and various capacities.
The Procurement Specialist(s) will be responsible for assessing all the procurement projects of procurement entities pertained to Goods/Services/Works within relevant Sector. He/she will be accountable to review the procurement projects for adherence to Procurement Rules and Procedures of Afghanistan and/or other funding organizations and report the discrepancies (If any).
|Date Posted:||10 Mar 2018||Reference:||NPA/FSP/C-47|
|Closing Date:||19 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||5||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||76000 to 90222 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive Procurement Documents and ensure its completion as per standard forms issued by NPA Circular No. NPA/C02/1394;
• Reject Procurement Documents in case standard forms issued by NPA Circular No. NPA/C02/1394 are not filled and existed;
• Make sure that request for award of the contract is referred by procuring entity to NPA after public notice of contract award according to clause No.(3) Article 43 of procurement law and clause No.(3) rule 81 of procurement procedure;
• In case public notice of contract award is not realized, then formally notify the procuring entity on time and review the documents till the public notice of contract award is received and the deadline is closed;
• Inaugurate meeting with representative of procuring entity to complete missing documents and clarify the existing comments by standard meeting form as per provisions of procurement law and procedure;
• Sending follow up letter(s) to complete missing documents and get the required information after 3 days of holding meeting with representative of procuring entity;
• Review all received Procurement Documents, prepare standard analytical report conveying contentment/discontentment comments and present it to relevant Manager;
• Ensure implementation of Afghanistan procurement law and procedure and donor’s Guidelines (if needed); obey principles of transparency, competitiveness and integrity in all requests for Award, Amendment and Cancelation of contract for various types of procurement and report conflict of interest (if any) to appropriate authority;
• Pursuit accomplishment of NPC Decisions in those projects which are approved provisional as per possible comments and re-report it to NPC for further decision;
• Ensure that the NPC-S performance, reporting and monitoring is up-to-date;
• Submit progress updates of assigned procurement cases as and when required;
• Any other task assigned from time to time by the relevant Manager, NPC-S director.
d) Key Skills and Competencies:
• Must have strong report writing skills.
• Must have strong attention to details.
• Must have professional proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
• Must be familiar with Afghanistan procurement law and other donor agencies.
• Ability to exercise a significant degree of initiative and to work effectively with stakeholder organizations.
• Must have the ability to work with individuals and teams in completing tasks that are urgent, high priority and sensitive, and ability to deliver high quality work on tight timelines.
• Knowledge of compliance issues and professional work ethics.
III. Qualifications & Experiences:
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, business administration, project management, public administration, law or any other relevant field, Master Degree is preferred.
b) Work Experience:
• At least 5 years of experience in procurement with bachelor degree.
• Specific experience in procurement and contract management of works of high value projects will be preferred.
c) Language Requirement:
• Must be excellent in written and spoken Pashto/Dari and English
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Procurement
Interested individuals are requested to send their updated CVs and APPLICATION to e-mail mentioning the vacancy title and number in Subject line. Subject: (Specialist - Procurement – NPA/FSP/C-47). Only short listed candidates who meet the above criterion will be contacted for written test/ Interview. Note: CVs not mentioning the vacancy title and Number in subject line will not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|Re - Procurement/Legal Advisor at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Kabul C..||Kabul||28 Sep 2018|
|Young Professional Consultant at SNaPP2-MAIL||Kabul||25 Sep 2018|
|3rd Re-announce: Senior Procurement Specialis.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||22 Sep 2018|
|Procurement Specialist at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Reform and Capa..||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|