Specialist-PMIS (Software Developer)(1626 Views)
About National Procurement Authority
After several decades of wars and civil strife, building an effective state - one that can provide security and services to the people - has been at the heart of the reconstruction effort in Afghanistan. The government has made significant progress in many areas such as primary education, basic health services, irrigation, rehabilitation, and rural development. In spite of the Government’s best efforts to improve the service delivery in priority sectors like health, education and infrastructure, corruption remains a major obstacle in effective governance and thus efficient service delivery to the people of Afghanistan. The Government has taken many steps to ensure that corruption is dealt with a firm hand and is contained in the medium term and completely eradicated in the long term. One of the main area of corruption is procurement.
Till now, the procurement system in Afghanistan was fragmented across Procurement Policy Unit under the Ministry of Finance, Afghanistan Reconstruction and Development Services (ARDS) under the Ministry of Economy and the Special Procurement Commission (SPC) under the chairmanship of the Minister for Finance, apart from the procurements handled by individual line ministries and other sub-national entities. As part of the ongoing system reforms by the present Afghanistan Government, these three entities have been amalgamated into one single agency called National Procurement Authority (NPA) to act as the apex procurement organization, to formulate policies related to public procurement and to regulate the public procurement function in the entire nation. The NPA will consolidate the functions of above mentioned entities into a single central organization to oversee and facilitate all national procurement (goods, works and services) above a certain threshold and which are vital to economic development of Afghanistan. In addition, it will look after the policies and procedures to strengthen the procurement system and start e-procurement in Afghanistan, to bring about a completely transparent public procurement system. Other objectives of this directorate are to enhance budget execution, ensuring efficiency in public procurement system, recruitment of professional and honest procurement civil servants at different levels and various capacities.
Under the supervision of Procurement Information Management System Manager, incumbent will be responsible for the conceptualization, design, development, and launching of Procurement Management Information System (PMIS) in order to increase productivity, efficiency, transparency, manage overall costs and pave the way for an appropriate control over the procurement processes. Main duties and responsibilities are discussed next.
|Date Posted:||10 Mar 2018||Reference:||NPA/FSP/C-40|
|Closing Date:||20 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||10||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||76000 to 90222 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
● Cooperation with requirement gathering in cooperation with system development department.
● Design and conceptualize the PMIS system from the gathered requirements in cooperation with System Development department.
● Participate in deploying strategic plans to ensure the life of the system over time, in terms of change in the resources involved in the system development, change in the technologies and world class standard over time, adaptability to better and more efficient solutions available over time instead of the current ones already deployed.
● Participate in preparing plans and estimation for different purposes and parts of the system, in terms of time, cost and human resources needed.
● Participate in development and implementation of required strategies e.g. testing at different stages, development and collaboration strategy, source code management strategy, security strategy and deployment strategy.
● Participate in development and implementation of a standard for documentation of the system at different stages of the system.
● Participate in software development team capacity building.
● Low level supervision on the quality of code written by all software development team members.
● Develop the high sensitive and complex part of the system from start to end.
● Analyze the possibilities of integration of the system with external systems through APIs.
● Participate in development of a strategic plan for successful completion of phase one in upcoming years and transition to second phase of the project
● Participate in research and input on the hardware required for smoothly and reliably running the system on production server.
● Actively participating in business aspect analysis of the system, in order to have a general overview and roadmap of the system.
● Identify how the system development standards should be modified to fit the situations present in Afghanistan.
● Participate in planning and implementing of a strategy for the procurement entities to utilize the system efficiently.
● The development of the public procurement web site and its ongoing administration.
● Work in close coordination with procurement (monitoring and specialist) officers to ensure proper use of website and PMIS for procurement monitoring.
● Participate in preparing a strategy for e-GP development and institutionalization in Afghanistan.
● Perform any other duties and responsibilities, assigned by PMIS manager
d) Key Skills and Competencies:
● Expert level ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate business requirements into effective technical solutions.
● Expert in written communication and documentation in both English and National languages
● Expert in user experience and user interface design
● Expert in PHP, object oriented, and its framework Laravel
● Expert with front end design frameworks, specially Google Material Design.
● Expert in source code management tools, specially client side Git and its custom deployed server administration.
● Expert in team collaboration tools, especially MantisBT and Trello
● Expert in team collaboration methodologies especially Agile.
● Expert in training and capacity building.
● Expert in Linux server and its administration.
● Expert in API development and documentation.
● Strong team player capabilities
● Strong communication skills
● Strong planning skills
● Willing to work under pressure.
● Good interpersonal and communication skills
● Keen to learn new technologies and techniques is highly emphasized
III. Qualifications & Experiences:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or any other relevant fields.
b) Work Experience:
● 5 years of experience in similar fields
c) Language Requirement:
● Must be proficient in writing, reading and speaking in English.
● Must also have strong communication, reading and writing skills in one of the national languages (Dari or Pashto).
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
Interested individuals are requested to send their updated CVs and APPLICATION to e-mail mentioning the vacancy title and number in Subject line. Subject: (Specialist (PMIS) – NPA/FSP/C-40). Only short listed candidates who meet the above criterion will be contacted for written test/ Interview. Note: CVs not mentioning the vacancy title and Number in subject line will not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|Sr. Software Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|Database Developer & Programmer at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|Junior Professional / Software Engineering at AWAL Development and Trans..||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|