Finance and Financial Sustainability Development Senior Officer(1205 Views)
-The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality and by Strategy 2020, which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade. We act before, during and after disasters and health emergencies to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people. The Afghanistan country office supports ARCS capacity building and programme implementation guided by the ARCS established strategic plan 2016-2020.
The IFRC Country Office National Society Development team exists to provide high quality capacity building support that enable the Afghan Red Crescent Society as well as the IFRC institutional, programs and various departments to deliver on the S2020 goals for the benefit of the vulnerable communities in respect to the three strategic aims; 1) Save lives, protect livelihoods and strengthen recovery from disasters and crises. 2) Enable healthy and safe living. 3) Promote social inclusion and a culture
of non-violence and peace.
In keeping with the 2016-2020 IFRC Plan “Partnering for Resilience”, the NSD team works through four strategies for implementation that are critical IFRC functions designed to support the ARCS to implement programmes in thematic areas of focus where the ARCS and IFRC have agreed to partner for the needs of the vulnerable communities in Afghanistan. To assist the NSD Coordinator and provide support to the Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS) in terms of Finance Development, Financial Sustainability and Internal Audit function.
- Finance development, based on the plan.
- Internal audit development based on the plan and assessment report recommendations.
- Financial sustainability development, based on the IFRC strategic plan.
Reporting to the organizational development coordinator, the position holder will ensure the efficient support provided to the NSD coordinator in well-functioning of the team responsible for the National Society Program Support and Development Function.
The finance and internal audit development (NSD) officer supports and assists the ARCS in its organizational development, in particular focus to finance development, internal audit development and financial sustainability development projects (reporting, planning, preparation for meetings, workshops and trainings, issuing working advances and collecting financial reports).
Finance and internal audit development officer promotes and ensures, through close collaboration with ARCS NSD project management and more efficient cooperation between ARCS NSD counterparts at all levels relevant to capacity building. Working very closely with branch development officer and volunteer development officer provides advice and guidance to ARCS NSD relevant counterparts on NSD project capacity building activities, identifies challenges within the projects and provides guidance to resolve issues that may negatively affects implementation of the designed activities.
|Date Posted:||11 Mar 2018||Reference:||0001|
|Closing Date:||27 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the ARCS to implement the Finance Development Plan, work with the financial sustainability department to improve on the financial sustainability and help ARCS to develop their Internal Audit department.
The position holder is fully responsible to manage the project including (planning, budgeting, reporting, controlling, monitoring, supporting and proposal writing to back donors).
Finance development part;
1. Work closely with the Finance Director of ARCS to implement the activities planned in the Finance Development Plan.
2. Carry out workshop/trainings to build the capacity of Finance staff in financial management.
3. Prepare monthly report for NSD Coordinator to update him on the progress of activities as well as challenges faced. Develop monthly, quarterly and annual reports to back donors.
4. Help ARCS further improve their working advance system process.
5. Manage the IFRC Finance Development budget under the Delegation of Authority of OD Coordinator.
Financial sustainability part;
6. Assist ARCS financial sustainability counterparts through developing policies, strategies, procedure and communication mechanism to increase and enhance ARCS financial sustainability opportunities.
7. Assist ARCS to continue its relevant work by diversifying income streams to have adequate revenue to operate in line with each strategic goal.
8. Undertake analysis to create growth strategies, and then lead on the implementation of said initiatives to help the ARCS capitalize on opportunities to generate additional non-project income.
9. Assist ARCS in financial modelling and commercial negotiations in country to help ensure that the partnerships and deals entered into sustainable financial resources.
10. Support and nurture ARCS capacity to develop a long-term network of current and/or new stakeholders that contribute to their financial sustainability.
11. Conduct evaluation of new opportunities to generate income working with other functions in the organization.
Internal audit development part;
12. With support from NSD Coordinator, prepare a plan to build the capacity of Internal Audit department of ARCS based on the recent assessment report.
13. Assist the ARCS internal audit department on implementing the annual (2018) support/operational plan.
14. Develop monthly, quarterly and annually activity plan and assist the ARCS project counterparts in designing the plan under the gaudiness and supervision of NSD Coordinator.
15. Promote adherence to best practice standards in line with IFRC polices and guidelines to promote a common movement approach.
16. Build and develop a good working relation with the ARCS staff, volunteers and members in the headquarters, branches and regional offices and IFRC and ICRC staff working in main delegation and field offices in the country.
17. Liaise with the ARCS branches, ICRC relevant counterparts in matters related to the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the projects with clear and defined role given by the Federation NSD Coordinator.
18. Responsible for the daily administrative routine of the NSD programme receive the corresponding of the ARCS sort them out and respond to them where appropriate, file and safeguard the documents including (planning, reporting, preparation for meetings, workshops, trainings, issuing project working advances, translate NSD official documents from Dari or Pashto to English and vice versa) under the clear guidance of the NSD Coordinator.
19. Make the necessary arrangements to facilitate IFRC and PNs visits and meeting with relevant IFRC, ARCS and ICRC staff in the main and field offices under clear guidance of NSD Coordinator.
20. Authority is delegated by the NSD Coordinator to all staff working in NSD programme and they would be responsible for their tasks
21. Be back up for the NSD project officers and Perform any other task as assigned by the line manager.
Self-supporting in computers (word, excel, power point and other relevant software).
Training and developing staff
Should have coaching and on job training and development skill
Good computer skills
Should have knowledge on internal audit development skill and working experiences.
Experience of working with Navision software
Knowledge in organizing, conducting training and meetings.
Accounting and internal audit knowledge
University Degree in Economics/Finance (financial management & development)
Degree/diploma in financial sustainability (resource development)
Degree/diploma in internal audit development
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Applications should be submitted to the link below:
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Financial Management Specialist at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Financial Analyst at MOBY Group||Kabul||19 Jun 2018|
|Finance Officer at FHI360/GOLDOZI||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|Resident Advisor Pashtany Bank (PB) at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Resident Advisor New Kabul Bank (NKB) at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Supervisory Financial Analyst FSN-12 (Single .. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Jun 2018|
|Internal Audit Director at AFTEL||Kabul||25 Jun 2018|
|Operation Officer at Afghanistan Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (..||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Finance Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||11 Jul 2018|
|Finance Expert for MoMP/PSU at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|Senior Administration and Finance Officer at AISS||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|TDFکارمند امور بانکی at ATRA||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Financial Specialist FSN-10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Audit Manager at Afghan Green Gate Co||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Billing Officer at Global Entourage Company Ltd.||Kabul||21 Jun 2018|
|Finance Officer at Malika and Refa Solution||Kabul||20 Jun 2018|
|Financial Accountant at Smart Telecom Co, Ltd||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|