Senior Software Developer (Re-Announcement)(2078 Views)
About FHI 360 - USWDP Project
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is helping Afghanistan’s higher education professionals to manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of previous USAID funded projects; USWDP is implementing activities that improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and 11 public universities to ensure quality higher education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. The project assists in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
Under the leadership of the Senior Software Engineer, Senior Software Developer will be responsible to oversee the development and implementation of new software applications at the MoHE.
The Senior Software Developer will also be responsible for overseeing implementation of HEMIS systems and provision of trainings for the MoHE and target universities IT staff. At the end of the training the trainees should be able to fully administer HEMIS modules and related server operations. Senior software developer should analyze the developed systems and should bring the necessary changes based on the suggestions and comments of MOHE employees. Senior Software developer should develop new modules for the HEMIS (Higher Education Management Information System). Software developer should fix bugs and remove errors from the application, if required. Software developer should also develop documentations for usage of software and as well as for the Programming (Coding) section. He/she should write the code with comments. The software developer would develop the procurement module that is the part of Higher Education Management Information System. Software developer has to develop procurement module based on the process maps, requirements and suggestions of MOHE. Eventually, software developer is subject to provide documentation and video tutorials regarding Procurement module for future reference to other software developers.
|Date Posted:||11 Mar 2018||Reference:||438|
|Closing Date:||21 Apr 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||6||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Key tasks and responsibilities of the Sr. Software Developer include:
1. Software Developer has to analyze the procurement process of MOHE and has to develop the system based on procurement directorate’s needs.
2. The procurement system should be develop in the following technologies:
a) Laravel (PHP Framework)
b) Angular JS
c) PostGre SQL RDBMS
3. Software developer should deploy the procurement module in the servers of MOHE using Linux OS.
4. Software developer should develop Procurement Module of MOHE based on the evaluated process maps that are to be supplied to the Software developer by MOHE or USWDP.
5. Software developer has to recheck the evaluated process maps against the different departments of Procurement Directorate for efficiency and has to incorporate new Tashkeel into the procurement module.
6. All the forms that are used as a part of the Procurement process should be digitalized in the procurement module.
7. A notification system should be built for entire departments for different sort of functionalities. Procurement directorate would provide details to software developer regarding setup of notification system for different departments based on different functionalities.
8. Approval system should be developed by software developer and it should be based on the suggestions of Procurement directorate’s employees and director.
9. Procurement module should have reports system and reports should be printed based on different categories that are to be based on suggestions of procurement directorate’s employees and director.
10. Executive Dashboard should be developed, which should provide managers with key performance indicators in order to supply an overview of the health of the company and what areas are not performing up to standards.
11. Charts and Graphs should be developed that would be showing different statistical data based on Procurement directorate’s suggestions and needs.
12. A comprehensive set of administrative tools for framework and project-based tenders should be developed that would enable users to control document management, workflow planning, tender variations, payment terms and tender security levels, allowing you to focus on the strategic management of tenders.
13. System should display that how much (each) department is spending, the proportion of contracted spend, establish the usage of unauthorized suppliers, identify efficiency savings from collaborative purchasing, what they are buying, and how much they are purchasing from which suppliers.
14. The system should have Central Knowledge Repository:
a) The system should maintain a complete cross-reference of all the vendors. The repository archives the purchase history of every item you bought with full details. You can leverage this information while negotiating with existing or new vendors to get the best possible price.
15. The system should have bid and tender management:
a) It helps to identify tender short-lists, control pre-qualification processes, create evaluation matrices, and administrate the return & opening of electronic sealed-bid submissions. Paper-based tenders can be well managed within the same system.
16. System should have analysis system for suppliers and products.
17. System should have strategic reporting system:
a) You can establish how much (each) department is spending, what they are buying, and how much they are purchasing from which suppliers. You can determine the proportion of contracted spend, establish the usage of unauthorized suppliers, and identify efficiency savings from collaborative purchasing. And you can assess your risk exposure in critical supply areas.
18. System should have solid security features:
a) Security - Ability to restrict unauthorized access to data and functions held within the system during all stages of the tender lifecycle.
b) Confidentiality - Provision of role and/or time based access to data held within the system.
c) Authentication & non-repudiation - Capability of the system to identify and authenticate user entities to negate activity denials.
d) Audit trails - The solution essentially carries date and time stamp features to provide a trail of systemic activities by users.
19. System should have administrative tools:
a) A comprehensive set of administrative tools for framework and project-based contracts enables users to control document management, workflow planning, contract variations, interim payments and contract security levels, allowing you to focus on the strategic management of contracts.
20. System should have help and support section
21. System should have process management
a) Workflow functionality which routes documents to appropriate people or alerts individuals of actions in the system
b) Flexibility of process - Accommodates various tendering formats and requirements.
22. System should manage the data appropriately:
a) Globalization - Multi-currency for complex international tenders
b) Integrity - Ability to maintain the flow of data through the system from source to destination, and record exceptions.
c) Archiving - Capability to archive and retain data to enable recall and analysis.
23. System should be reliable
a) Reliability – System should be able to sustain traffic, and can be scaled to future increases in load.
b) Integration - Ability to leverage existing technology investments by integrating with existing applications.
c) Ease of use - Enforcing minimum user requirements in the usage of computers and Internet technology.
24. Automating, systemizing of procurement processes stages for goods, works, non-consulting services and services projects under all sort of procurement methods in national and international level in accordance with public procurement law and rules of procedure for procurement law and as per the MoHE new Tashkil and requirements.
25. Creating and availability of strong document management system and archive for procurement documents.
26. Availability of need aggregation from various MoHE related Departments for procuring purpose.
27. Availability of suitable and systematic linkages among various components within the module and with other external web pages
28. Availability of Alert system through SMS, Email and etc ways.
29. Availability of several types of reporting like for example: General report, report for procurement department staff and requirement-based-report for H.E Minister of MOHE. (Dynamic Reports).
• In depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP, Laravel -5, Angular JS and PostGRE SQL Database.
• Should be well versed with Linux OS.
• At least Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
• Knowledge about procurement and Finance lifecycle would be an advantage.
• A practical test will be conducted from shortlisted candidates in Laravel, PHP, Angular JS and PostGRE Sql RDBMS.
• You will be provided a computer laptop, development environment and internet facility to prove your practical skills.
• Three scenarios will be given to candidates, below is the sample scenario:
o Create a web based application in PHP as a language, PostGRE SQL as a database, Angular JS as a front-end and Laravel as a framework. Below are the important factors you have to develop:
Create a table
Create 4 columns
Using MVC pattern connect the table data with your application.
Display the data via MVC pattern to user.
Given the opportunity to user to apply create, update, delete functionalities on the data retrieved from database.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
1. Please Indicate the position title, vacancy number in the subject line otherwise your application will not be considered.
2. Please include names and contacts for three references.
3. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
We will consider applications on a rolling basis.
USWDP is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Trainer at NETLINKS||Kabul||21 Sep 2018|
|Software Developer at CH.A CO (Chartered Accountant Company)||Herat||30 Sep 2018|