Enginner - RF planning(1812 Views)
About MTN Afghanistan
MTN Afghanistan is the subsidiary company of MTN Group operating in 22 countries with a subscriber base of over 200 Millions. MTN provides GSM services in Afghanistan. We are looking for qualified and experienced candidates to fill the vacant position(s).
The mission is to ensure Deal and Manage with the problems regarding no coverage, 2G & 3G weak coverage, complain, drop call, call block, congestion, upgrade, modernization and other technical issues, being on the field to check and rectify the problem,
|Date Posted:||11 Mar 2018||Reference:||MTNA HR 2018 - 04|
|Closing Date:||23 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Telecom/Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Utilize tools like TEMS, MapInfo, and TCP, GPS, and Camera, compass, ASSET, CITRIX, Google Earth and global mapping for network planning.
• Manage Survey for the GSM site around Afghanistan.
• Predict the nominal site on the map.
• Manage to find the best location and potential place for the new site.
• Manage the team for Performing site survey in the field, Technical Surveys and configuration dimensioning for 2G and 3G
• Perform link budget analysis & air interface dimensioning.
• Perform radio coverage and traffic prediction using TEMS Cell Planner Universal.
• Perform Frequency Planning and identify antennas type.
• Prepare Cell Design Data for site integration.
• Perform capacity analysis and predictions to overcome network congestion with the help of NSS and BSS
• Perform Pre launch planning and post launch planning activities.
• Multimedia traffic engineering (capacity planning).
• Prepare yearly radio plans, nominal site location and search rink report.
• Prepare yearly equipment Bill of Quantity capacity…strategy report related to zone.
• Prepare coverage plan as per marketing business plan.
• Neighboring relation of 3G and RF planning
• Prepare and send weekly & daily reports of burnt and on air sites including BSC / MSC to ATRA
• Prepare monthly on air data for network division
• Prepare network data for NDS (National Directorate of Security)
• Upgrade and downgrade of cell and sites for utilization
• RBS (Radio Base Station) and network modernization
• Get license for all BTS from ATRA
• Conduct physical inspection of sites and resolve weak coverage complaints
• Monitor MS optimization team and conduct drive test for 28 provinces which aren’t covered by MS
• 2G / 3G roll out planning and follow up and deployment of sites
• Planning , ordering and tracking of RAN equipments
• Prepare and provide reports to group for new features planning and sites date.
• Network Aircom and group audit.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Advanced knowledge of GSM technology
• Basic knowledge of GIS systems – MapInfo
• Cell selection
• Frequency planning
• Knowledge of Radio Propagation principles
• Knowledge of RF planning and optimization tools
• Local telecoms legislation
• Map reading and orientation
• Operational systems and applications:
• Asset planning tool
• Neptune drive test tool
• Telecoms network and GSM knowledge
• Traffic planning
• Understanding of GSM network architecture
• Business performance management
• Control network technologies
• Data management
• Database administration
• Facilities engineering
• High voltage systems engineering
• Information management
• International roaming
• IP technologies
• Legislation and compliance
• Network equipment installation
• Network operations
• Network planning and design
• Network security and assurance
• Planning and organizing
• Project planning and control
• Radio access technologies
• Resource management
• Scope planning and management
• Security administration
• Stakeholder relations management
• Telecommunication and mobile network standards and specifications
• Telecommunications technology fundamentals
• Transmission media technologies
• Vendor management
• Attention to detail
• Decision making
• Planning and organizing
• Quality assurance
• Results/Goal oriented
• Solution providing
• Taking initiative
• Team building
• Technical orientation
• Bachelors degree in Telecommunications from ICTI
• 3 years RF experience with a GSM or Wireless Telecomm operator
• Advanced Supervisory programs
• Advanced project supervisory business continuity
• GSM Fundamentals
• WCDMA Fundamentals
• Mobile and Cellular introductions
• Effective intercultural relations
• Wireless technology training
• IP Fundamental training
• Creating a positive attitude
• WCDMA Planning Essential
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Telecom/Engineering
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by March 23, 2018.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).
|More jobs in this category|
|Java Operation Engineer or Software Engineer at Yama Ramin Media Producti..||Kabul||28 Sep 2018|
|Director Sales & Marketing at io Global Services Private Limited||Kabul||21 Sep 2018|