Senior Project Finance Specialist(869 Views)
About MISFA Ltd.
The Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) was set up in 2003 at the invitation of the Afghan government — to get donor coordination right from the start and avoid the counter-productive efforts that have emerged from conflicting donor objectives in other post-conflict situations. It was established as a vehicle through which the Afghan Government and international donors could channel technical assistance and funding to build Afghanistan’s microfinance sector. MISFA was the first facility of its kind, pooling diverse donor funding mechanisms and converting them into streamlined, flexible support to microfinance institutions in Afghanistan, tailored to local priorities and accompanied by technical assistance and strong performance monitoring.
MISFA’s mission is to contribute to Afghanistan’s economic growth by developing a viable, inclusive financial sector for the poor, and the underserved small and medium enterprises.
The Senior Project Finance Specialist would be responsible for financial, accounting and administrative aspects of projects implemented by MISFA. He/she would also be responsible for reviewing budgets/cost proposals received for funding by MISFA, and maintaining an effective financial management system for the project implementation, including management of project accounts. He/she will report to the Director, Finance and Administration.
Specific responsibilities of the Senior Project Finance Specialist include, but are not limited to the following:
|Date Posted:||11 Mar 2018||Reference:||151|
|Closing Date:||25 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review financial/cost proposals of project activities received for funding by MISFA.
• Train implementing partners’ staff in financial management procedures, including financial reporting requirements.
• Monitor contracts and grant agreements for compliance regarding financial reporting and other funding requirements.
• Follow-up project expenses to ensure they don’t go above the approved budget.
• Maintain accounting records (including the systematic filing of all underlying documentation) and produce required financial monitoring reports of donor-funded project activities.
• Organize financial reporting system according to the requirements of donors, MOF, and other MISFA stakeholders.
• Prepare financial reports required by MISFA management, donors, the Ministry of Finance (MOF) and other government agencies.
• Work closely with the Finance Manager in ensuring effective and efficient preparation of activity budgets, analysis of actual versus projected expenditures, and processing of payments related to donor-funded activities.
• Serve as the primary contact for financial review, external audit and Supreme audit of donor-funded projects.
• Liaise with the Program Department in providing financial data and other project information required by MOF and other government agencies.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• At least seven (7) years work experience in accounting or finance.
• Knowledge of tax laws of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, policies, banking and other regulations affecting international project accounting.
• Familiarity with international accounting standards.
• Experience of budgeting, financial planning and analysis, and cash management.
• Good knowledge and skills in computer-based financial management systems and standard office applications. Experience in the use of QuickBooks software will be an added advantage.
• Advanced skills in the use of MS Excel demonstrable through practical assessment.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
• Knowledge of the microfinance sector will be considered as an advantage.
• Fluent written and spoken English.
• ACCA diploma or Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in accounting or finance. Post graduate degree/MBA and professional qualification (CPA/CA, CMA, CIA, etc.) highly desirable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
The application package, only acceptable in English language, should comprise up-to-date résumé and a cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position, salary and benefits expectations, and the earliest joining date, if selected.
Interested candidates should submit their application package only by e-mail with the subject “Vacancy – Senior Project Finance Specialist” Due to the expected large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance Officer at Afghan Compound Support Services||Kabul||05 Jun 2018|
|Cashier at Global Technology||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|Finance Officer at Malika and Refa Solution||Kabul||20 Jun 2018|
|Finance/HR Admin Officer at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Herat||30 May 2018|
|Finance Assistant at Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||14 Jun 2018|
|کارمند اداری و محاسبه at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply..||Balkh||28 May 2018|
|Tax Manager at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||14 Jun 2018|
|مدیر عمومی محاسبه جنسی at Afghanistan Urban Water Supp..||Kabul||27 May 2018|
|Finance&Account Manager at DABS||Kabul||22 May 2018|
|Finance Assistant at World Health Organization||Kabul||24 May 2018|
|Finance Assistant (Grade 6) at World Health Organization||Kabul||24 May 2018|
|Chief Financial Officer at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|مدیر عمومی مالی و اداری at کمیسیون شکایات..||Multi Cities||22 May 2018|
|Finance & Operations Manager at Afghanaid||Daikondi||22 May 2018|
|Finance Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||06 Jun 2018|
|Financial Accountant at Smart Telecom Co, Ltd||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Accountant For Spare parts Section at Habib Faiz Construction Group||Kabul||31 May 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|