PRIVATE SECTOR DEVELOPMENT ADVISOR(489 Views)
DAI is implementing the USAID funded program Promote: Women in the Economy (WIE) throughout Afghanistan. The objective of this project is to enable Afghan women to increase their participation in the mainstream, formal economy by securing employment with advancement potential and by helping women-owned businesses or businesses that employ women to grow.
WIE’s PSD component has been charged with growing revenues through innovative approaches to private sector development. Innovation will require thinking about private sector development in a new way and working with non-traditional partners in addition to leveraging other donor projects. New solutions may be found anywhere, including private sector solutions to changes in developed markets. He or she may ask, for example, can the methodology used by the growing online business lender market offer lessons or ideas for development finance?
A key requirement of the work will be to work through local actors and institutions in ways that strengthen them. The Private Sector Development Advisor will be responsible for contributing to the process of generating ideas to be implemented within west region of the country, assisting the west region Private Sector Development Case Officer and Regional Manager, and identifying potential businesses for WIE services and arranging for various supports during his or her tenure of assignment.
|Date Posted:||12 Mar 2018||Reference:||DAI/WIE|
|Closing Date:||21 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Private Sector Dev||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
• As part of the general WIE Private Sector Development (PSD) team, contribute to identifying potential ideas and solutions for businesses eligible for WIE support;
• Assisting the Private Sector Development Case Officer (PSD CO) and Regional Manager in identifying, processing, and supporting businesses in Herat and in west region;
• Provide feedback from experience with activities to feed into ongoing development of new programming;
• Collaborate with PSD team in Kabul during the implementation of WIE activities in west region;
• Works collaboratively with Monitoring and Evaluation, Communications and Knowledge Management teams to ensure information is available as needed in west region, specifically for the PSD activities in Herat and in west region;
• Compile lessons learned from west region and communicate them with the PSD team in Kabul with practical recommendations;
• Together with the PSD CO and Regional Manager, implement the current PSD activities in Herat and potentially in west region;
• Prepare and provide various technical and narrative summaries and reports to PSD team in Kabul;
• Participate in various business meetings in Herat and in Kabul as requested;
• Identify potential partners to leverage resources to support businesses in Herat and in west region;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 5 years of experience with Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises development programming and/or in the private sector;
• Entrepreneurial, willing to take risks;
• Able to think outside the box;
• Able to work independently and take responsibility for translating concepts into an implementable activities;
• Good networker, ideally with well established network in private sector and development community;
• Able to focus on project objectives and work collaboratively toward the goals
• Experienced manager;
• Fluency in English is required;
• Master’s degree in business administration, business management, finance or a related field, or equivalent experience;
• Demonstrated familiarity with constraints faced by women-owned and/or majority women enterprises in Afghanistan;
• Ability to travel to regional offices.
• The position reports to the Senior Regional Manager of west region.
Afghanistan - Herat: PROVINCIAL CENTER (HERAT)
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
To apply: Please send your CV & Covering letter to below email address and include PSD Advisor in the subject line of the application
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!