HRH Systems Developer (Re-Advertised)(958 Views)
About Futures Group Global Outreach
Futures Group Global Outreach is implementing the Health Sector Resiliency Project (HSR), a five year contract funded by USAID. The overall goal of HSR is to support the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) to foster a strengthened, reformed, and increasingly self-reliant Afghan health system prepared for the decreased donor support anticipated over the coming decade. The HSR Project acts as a resource and a catalyst to the MoPH and other GIRoA entities as it considers and implements critical sector-wide reforms that are required to make the system more resilient and sustainable. The project primarily focuses on governance, health finance and human resources for health and engages both the public and private components of the health sector.
This position is subject to the new National Technical Assistance (NTA) Salary Scale and Implementation Guidelines.
The Human Resources for Health (HRH) Systems Developer will be responsible for developing, adapting and building capacity in core human resource management information systems (HRMIS) for the Health Sector Resiliency Project (HSR) in Afghanistan. S/He will work with closely with the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) to strengthen local capacity in developing and documenting standards and procedures, and ensuring that systems are needs driven to ensure decision making, sustainability and expansion across the health sector.
He/she will work closely with the MoPH’s HR, M&E, and HMIS Directorates and provide technical support for them to assist in the development of electronic profile filing systems, the advancement of the MoPH HRMIS software, and to connect systems to a shared data warehouse. Other duties include collecting, monitoring, verifying and analyzing HR data at national and provincial levels, focused on analysis of HRH staffing, vacancy rates, and distribution by facility and cadre.
The HRH Systems Developer will report directly to ICT Manager.
|Date Posted:||12 Mar 2018||Reference:||HSR-18-056|
|Closing Date:||26 Mar 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Execute software development life cycle (SDLC) from initiation to maintenance for MoPH HRMIS.
• Write “clean”, well designed and technically formatted code.
• Lead the system development process of MoPH HRMIS software as well as provide support activities for mentioned system and its data.
• Assist in the development of an electronic personnel profile system and linking it to the MoPH HRMIS.
• Conduct systems requirements gathering and defining project specifications as well as provide systems support and development efforts for secure web base HRMIS.
• Developed technical infrastructure designs, data mappings, ERD, DFD and report dissemination mechanisms by architecting Data Warehouses.
• Determine source data of different types and designed programs for extraction, transformation and loading into DW.
• Conducts data loading and manipulation using ETL.
• Act as mentor and on-the-job trainer to MoPH colleagues and stakeholders to transfer knowledge and comprehension of electronic data management and skills in data management, analysis, and application.
• Provide inputs in developing monthly project reports, events calendars, and annual work plans.
• Design and creation of analytical reports with Crystal report, SSRS and Stimulsoft.
• Development of robust and user-friendly .NET web applications.
• Design and creation of relational database schemas.
• Ensure software security with different standard security procedures.
• Carrying out testing and quality checks before releases of the software.
• Produce all types of technical documentation of software development.
• Ensure accurate and timely reporting to assigned supervisor, including all details of progress.
• Any other task assigned by supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Bachelor degree in computer science confirmed by MoHE and five years of relevant software development, database designing and development, or equivalent (Master’s degree preferred).
• In-depth knowledge and practical experiences with SQL Server, PostgreSQL, ASP.Net MVC with C#, HTML5, CSS3, JQUERY, Angular2, Crystal reports, SSRS and Stimulsoft.
• Knowledge and practical experiences with JAVA is a plus.
• In-depth knowledge of data modeling and database design.
• Good knowledge of data warehousing.
• Demonstrated skills in software development, data management, and facilitating training to others to use data systems.
• Ability to simplify and communicate ideas in meaningful ways.
• Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to travel up to 25% to all provinces within Afghanistan.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Dari or Pashtu, and English.
• Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications.
• Other tasks as needed for successful project completion e.g. data entry, back-up IT support.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
Please state the title of the job and vacancy number in the headline of your e-mail.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted for the interview. Date and location will be determined and communicated with the short listed candidates only.
|More jobs in this category|
|Specialist-PMIS (Software Developer)Re announ.. at National Procurement A..||Kabul||24 Jun 2018|